Are hormones dispensed from U.S. compounding pharmacies worth the cost?

The only time I’d use a clinic which is always connected to a compounding pharmacy for kickbacks, is if the clinic agreed to send my script to my pharmacy of choice so I could find coupons to use

But that rarely happens since they make all their money by charging you 200-400 dollars for a vial of test made by their college intern or graduate under their little laminar flowhoods that most UGL use anyway.

If they get better raws than UGL I am not sure about that. Maybe? If they need to show the fda who they got it from.

Also 503b compounding pharmacies have manufacturing buildings to mass produce for “office use” medications. Meaning any clinic can call them and purchase their products to sell at their clinic labeled for office use only. Meaning you won’t find those medications at your Costco. Only at the clinics. They also make special compounded medications for individuals.

But 503a compounding pharmacies make their medications in house and are more focused on the individual and don’t mass produce. Cause the college intern with the laminar flow hood can’t keep up with the production of a full blown manufacturing facility

I bought a compounded vial of test from someone for $150 just to see how “pharma” was. . It looked half full and was in a dark black vial that I had to hold under a certain light to see how full it was. Wasn’t impressed and never bought one again

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus. May the big dude (or whatever) up above bless you. Well done. Treat yourself to a GCMS/metals analysis once you have a lab you want to stick with.

That is insane gouging. Most expensive compounded test ester 10 vials (200mg/ml) I've seen are $130.

Take care.
Lol. Crom. Crom is my god.

I've definitely talked to people paying similar, but my clinic was definitely among the most expensive.

I have found a U.S. domestic lab that I like, and got myself supplied for the next 2 years. I figured I shouldn't keep vials longer than that - even though I've heard of many people going 5 years.

Where do you get that testing done? All I've seen are these Janoshik tests that show the percentage of the active compound and nothing more.

Lol. Crom. Crom is my god.

I've definitely talked to people paying similar, but my clinic was definitely among the most expensive.

I have found a U.S. domestic lab that I like, and got myself supplied for the next 2 years. I figured I shouldn't keep vials longer than that - even though I've heard of many people going 5 years.

Where do you get that testing done? All I've seen are these Janoshik tests that show the percentage of the active compound and nothing more.
not an official endorsement but his service and others offer these add on tests to the typical hplc API quantification. Nice thing is in your case if you bought a bunch from one lot of ugl then one set of tests should cover you for a while.

GCMS for semi volatile impurities

ICP for metals

Pyrogens / endotoxins

Example:

Last edited:
not an official endorsement but his service and others offer these add on tests to the typical hplc API quantification. Nice thing is in your case if you bought a bunch from one lot of ugl then one set of tests should cover you for a while.

GCMS for semi volatile impurities

ICP for metals

Pyrogens / endotoxins

Example:

Hell yeah, brother! Thanks. I didn't know he had those optional tests. Cheers.

Back