Ashwaganda for Tachycardia

No other prescriptions or anything? Caffeine before workouts? Because it's a lot easier to remove stuff than to add things in, usually.

A lot of people have success with propranolol, and some people report a bit of fatigue with it, which might assist sleep. Because beta blockers can block melatonin production, there are some that are less likely to contribute to sleeping problems, like atenolol. Nebivolol is a favorite of bodybuilders because it has been associated with fat loss in some circumstances.

But most people take them with very minimal side effects, so these are all questions on the very outer margin. The way I would choose -- look at my insurance and see what's cheapest. If you're buying from a UGL, I'd pick the same way among tested sources.

EDIT - forgot to add: if this is only an issue at night, you're in luck because the normal, immediate release versions are all cheaper than the ones that last all day.
No, I just take coffee at the morning and after lunch as usual, no other pre-workout product or caffeine before the training.
Recently, I started to take normal coffee in the morning and coffee without caffeine after lunch to try to reduce the problem during the night.

LOL classic. Had EXACTLY the same problems. I can almost 99.9% promise you it's all in your head. I mean they are real symptoms and issues you're having but it's your mind manifesting them.

FYI you're not in tachycardia until your resting heart rate is over 100 while sitting still. But like you I would wake up at almost on the dot 2-3 am and not really be able to fall back asleep.

Stress is a mother fucker. I never knew how bad it was untill recently as I never stressed about anything.

Eventually you'll calm down and start getting good sleep again. For me it was palpitations. I still get them sometimes but realized they aren't dangerous or anything to be worried about. But the stress made them much more frequent. Now only once in a while.
Agree yet few otherwise healthy folk require a cardiologist evaluation for subjective tachycardia and or palpitations.

Although rarely abnormal in otherwise healthy folk, a PCP directed ECG and/or perhaps Holter monitoring may be warranted in those with persistent symptomatic palpitations.

Last edited:
Agree yet few otherwise healthy folk require a cardiologist evaluation for subjective tachycardia and or palpitations.

Although rarely abnormal in otherwise healthy folk, a PCP directed ECG and/or perhaps Holter monitoring may be warranted in those with persistent symptomatic palpitations.
Yeah for sure I had mine checked out with a cardiologist. In the span of a year I had an echocardiogram, stress test with nuclear imaging, several holter monitors and in office EKGs lol.

All showed palpitations (PAC I believe) as the EKG looks like an extra beat without the p wave. Exercise induced some additional palpitations but they didn't seem worried it was not an excessive load I guess.

And I believe I only had 1-2 groups of two consecutive palpitations in a row. All others were just ectopic beats on their own.

Yeah for sure I had mine checked out with a cardiologist. In the span of a year I had an echocardiogram, stress test with nuclear imaging, several holter monitors and in office EKGs lol.

All showed palpitations (PAC I believe) as the EKG looks like an extra beat without the p wave. Exercise induced some additional palpitations but they didn't seem worried it was not an excessive load I guess.

And I believe I only had 1-2 groups of two consecutive palpitations in a row. All others were just ectopic beats on their own.
What is your approximate age and cardiac risk factors. I ask bc a perfusion scan is typically reserved for those w suspected symptomatic CAD rather than palpitations.

Not withstanding RARE cardiac outliers, as eluded to earlier, young (less than ~ 50 yrs) otherwise healthy folk almost always have a benign evaluation for palpitations.

Glad you’re well nonetheless.

What is your approximate age and cardiac risk factors. I ask bc a perfusion scan is typically reserved for those w suspected symptomatic CAD rather than palpitations.

Not withstanding RARE cardiac outliers, as eluded to earlier, young (less than ~ 50 yrs) otherwise healthy folk almost always have a benign evaluation for palpitations.

Glad you’re well nonetheless.
Yeah you're exactly right the stress test with nuclear scan (I assume what you mean by profusion test) was done because I had over exerted myself and hyperventilated and called 911. Ended up in the hospital with very slight elevated troponin. So that's why they wanted to do it. Turns out once the actual cardiologist seen me after all the testing was basically 'why the fuck did they do all these tests' get out.

Ended up being a free stay and checkup so whatever lol. I'm in my late 30s.

And thank you.

Yeah you're exactly right the stress test with nuclear scan (I assume what you mean by profusion test) was done because I had over exerted myself and hyperventilated and called 911. Ended up in the hospital with very slight elevated troponin. So that's why they wanted to do it. Turns out once the actual cardiologist seen me after all the testing was basically 'why the fuck did they do all these tests' get out.

And thank you.
According to the AHA high sensitivity troponin testing is best reserved for patients with suspected ACS, based upon clinical features, ECG, and established risk factors.

That being said for a numbers of reasons a lot of providers in medicine today shotgun darn near everything.

Yep a twenty yo w two days of sneezing, coughing and chest pain DT a cold, has a battery of “tests” including a troponin to screen for heart disease………NUTS.

And unnecessary testing is one reason the cost of health care, (yea I’m talking about insurance premiums, deductibles, coinsurance) doubles every FIVE to SEVEN years.

Last edited: