Astronauts on Steroids are the Future for NASA

mp46

That's true however, dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine and extremely similar. There have been multiple studies showing this, although methamphetamine is more potent with regard to oxidative damage.

I believe they're given out quite frequently, aren't they?

Really just depends, in peace time you're not supposed to go past a 24hr duty day, flights would be limited to around 12hrs, and a lot of our stuff still falls under FAA guidelines, but obviously there's training missions that go over it. But yes, in war time and anytime long flights are needed pilots get stimulants, and lots of piss bags. 24hour plus workdays weren't uncommon during the thick of it whether in the air or on the ground.

When flying fighters to the sand box they'd fly to Maine, aerial fuel across the pond to Spain, Italy, aerial fuel into Iraq or Turkey if final was into A-Stan. So they got to stop every day and sleep, getting to Asia is even more fun.

eryximachus

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
That's true however, dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine and extremely similar. There have been multiple studies showing this, although methamphetamine is more potent with regard to oxidative damage.

I believe desoxyn is also used.

Methamphetamine is far superior to other analogues for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they just use dexedrine these days as crystal meth has just killed any understanding of the drug.

eryximachus

the oxidative damage studies are animal studies. I'm dubious. In most cases, methylated drugs have superior side effect profiles.

eryximachus

That had access to opium before the war(I'm sure they did during the war too but not large quantities), Felix Hoffman who worked for Bayer (in Germany) resynthesized heroin.

Well, of course they had access to opium before the war. But, as is always ignored, major trade embargos were imposed on Germany and Japan before the war. Japan got fucked hardest as they had no oil at all - that's why they attacked first. But, Germany was hurt in small ways and this was one of them.

Methadone was researched in 1937 and brought to market the next year or so. Basically, despite Germany putting on the best Olympics Games ever, which gave us all the ideals and symbols we have today, 1936 was the year the British and Americans decided to push us to world war. That's how America always works. Find a resource constrained country, and cut them out of the global market for raw materials and hope they take it up the ass. Most of the time it works. It didn't then.

Heroin may very well have been used, but the quantities were just not sufficient for a war.

What is interesting is this was one of the many innovations that Germany gave the world. All artificial opioids today are on some level based on research done at that time.

balco

Well, of course they had access to opium before the war. But, as is always ignored, major trade embargos were imposed on Germany and Japan before the war. Japan got fucked hardest as they had no oil at all - that's why they attacked first. But, Germany was hurt in small ways and this was one of them.

Methadone was researched in 1937 and brought to market the next year or so. Basically, despite Germany putting on the best Olympics Games ever, which gave us all the ideals and symbols we have today, 1936 was the year the British and Americans decided to push us to world war. That's how America always works. Find a resource constrained country, and cut them out of the global market for raw materials and hope they take it up the ass. Most of the time it works. It didn't then.

Heroin may very well have been used, but the quantities were just not sufficient for a war.

What is interesting is this was one of the many innovations that Germany gave the world. All artificial opioids today are on some level based on research done at that time.
I concur

Eukadal was the drug I was referring to, Hitler used it multiple times a day and was extremely addicted to it. They gave a modified version of that drug to two man minsubmarine trials and they started hallucinating two days in.

Sponsored Links

Latest posts