Bad quad injection...

yeah bro I noticed it was hard to push at first and then it went in really quick. How long did you notice the PIP after this shot?
I felt like the oil didn’t disperse evenly right away. It didn’t swell which is good, but pain isn’t too bad maybe 5 out of 10, plus it discomfort went away in 2 days or so.

It felt warm though but I didn’t pin it for a month. I guess this is how guys say they have permanent site injection growth akin to synthol eh, because sometimes I think that front delt is bigger than the other lol.

Take doxycycline to deal with any infection. I’ve had this happen a few times but also had fever, redness and swelling. Doxy will prevent from blooming into something you’ll be in ER for.

Stick with upper part of quad. I’ve had some crippling pip on the side that had me walking in pain for a week but went away

It was the upper middle of the quad. Ive never pinned there I usually pin the upper outer part. It could have been just a really bad shot but its been like 5 days with not much improvement. Just really weird. I ditched the gear and pinned test e yesterday VG with zero pip. It think it might have been a combo of bad gear with a bad shot in a virgin muscle.
Dude, i have only heard crap about middle of quads…as the muscles intertwinde there alot, where the outside is a thick full muscle, i believe you know that, but look at photos, will see much, also those muscles are smaller? Especially if a virgin muscle too.

I may have missed was it the first shot of vial?

I think I did this too. just by chance pinned in between the two muscles basically doing a subq.

I'm in the same boat, I pinned middle/middle left quad Thursday instead on outer/middle quad. Sore Friday, significantly sore Saturday, tried to train legs and had to stop immediately.
Now it's Sunday and I can barely walk, no bruising or redness but 3/4 of my quad is swollen.
Doing hot/cold compression and going to take Motrin.

Ok so I'm not going to try to pin quads, ever.
Dude just pin the big outside muscle! None if the others, middle and inner have so much nerves and contract differently that pinning i only hear horror, outside upper, very good spot

Traps, upper and mid chest, mid and rear delts. Recently stopped Injecting my front delts because the vascularity in this area is high so fuck it. Lats are a lot easier then many think.

Also I do biceps alternating between inner and outer heads (27g 1 1/2" ). Needle goes deep with biceps. I haven't injected triceps yet. Probably will some day, but for better symmetry I leave them alone. Maybe some day my biceps will be so huge that I'll need a little help getting those triceps bigger lol.

I stopped Injecting legs, at all, years ago. When you do have pip, it's usually pretty bad. Also I see zero need to inject calves. Life really sucks when you can't walk and everyone's looking at you like a massive Bull had his way with you.

Last edited:
I’ve been injecting the rectus femoris for years with no issues just keep it under a ml, also I think the op hit the IT band, he said it was difficult at first then went in. From what I understand the IT band is for lack of a better word, comparable to Kevlar and once the injection was in the muscle underneath the it band the natural swelling put pressure on it.

When I first started my ped journey I read several stories of bad quad shots. 6 years later I've never done a quad and won't. There's plenty of other muscles.. for andything.more then 1ml I do lats, glutes, and vg glutes. 1ml or less I do same ones plus delts, tri, traps, and pecs.
Quad shots have a bad rap for known for issues. Wish you luck op and pray it gets better asap and not worse.

I rotate my VG's a and Side+Front delts. Need to start trying other sites though. Done alot of glutes a few years back however I can barely reach my VG!

Pretty simple. I just reach around the front of my body and inject it in the center of where the lat pops out.
I do the same, I use 2-3 different spots on my lats

Highly underrated site. Can take at least 1.5ml no problem for me, haven't been willing to go higher than that, but I'm sure I could

I don't use my quads very often.

I stick to VG for any big shots on a bigger blast, and then use slin pins for everywhere else.

Delta, tris, lats, traps (occasional pec, but I'm not a fan)

In the past I would use slin pins into the rectus femoris, or bigger shots into the lateralis, never had any issues, but the crippling potential of a bad shot deterred me from keeping them in my regular rotation.

On top of that, my deep tissue/PT guy (who works on a bunch of high level pros, including nick walker currently) claims he can feel the scar tissue buildup far more in quads than in other sites. As a guy who already struggles with his quads, I decided to keep that variable to a minimum and only rotate in quads when I have really high injection volume