Been cruising for 3 years but want to join army

Come

Come off 6 months before OCS or Basic and get conditioning up. Pushups, dips, pull ups, sit ups, 2 mile run. Go back on after your schools.

(Disclaimer: @jimmyrenteriajr is accurate, though that is uncommon in most units. Hence feeling out your station and unit after schools)

Basic is a laughable sh&tshow nowadays. Wasn’t hard in my era. I had a heck of a lot of fun.

Yeah that's the plan should I contact the recruiter now or wait till I come off to even go to meps?

Cause the guy hit me up but I don't want him to know I pct

I would let him know you need to wrap up some personal goals first.

They will expedite anyone they can. Don’t count on a long wait once you start the process unless you need medical, academic or criminal waivers. 30-90 days max. Be off 6 months before MEPS

Also, if the above waivers don’t apply and your testing score is 80 or above don’t buy a word he says about your occupation not being there or the Army’s need for you not being there.

That game is all bluff and bluster. You can even go to a different recruiter if he decides to be a prick.

Heck, I DOE’d _at_ MEPs and they threatened me with leaving me stranded. I stuck to my guns about my occupation and having my green page written in to my contract. 2 weeks later different MEPS and suddenly a seat was open and my contract amended.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try to pct and then check my levels I definitely wanna join the army gonna pick an easy mos I gotta do some more research though.

Any other bodybuilders here join the army? I heard it's better to be lean
Well that is a long time cruising, you may have a good experience so far. In the Army you Will find a better arsenal. You won't have to hyde, and won't kneel down to someone you dont even see his face.

You are gonna have much fun, thats garanteed!

Good luck!