Betamethasone Injectable

eddied

I found a site Abbey veterinary supply after days of research that has Betamethasone sodium phosphate and betamethasone acetate injectable suspension for sale named BETAVET, it says for horses only but from what I read and looked into the maker American regents website I cant see any difference in human and horses version. It is FDA approved and exactly what I am looking for. You guys are much more well versed than I am so I thought I would reach out to get any feedback if possible.

Why would you want corticosteroids?.....

Wrong kind of steroids homie, lmao.

Unless you're a walking ball of allergies, then it might be worth snagging.

Last edited:
Why would you want corticosteroids?.....

Wrong kind of steroids homie, lmao.

Unless you're a walking ball of allergies, then it might be worth snagging.

Holding off on a laugh reaction for the chance there's some super niche data about there about using corticosteroids for performance enhancement, but I'm pretty sure I should be laughing right now.
I have everything I need on that side of the fence, celestone aka betamethasone is what I am looking for as a side dish.

Yes for elbow injection
Ahh.

Yeah. Still no. Unless you're acutely aware of the local anatomy. Cortisone injections still require specific nerve point targets, it's not as simple as point and shoot.

You can also really screw yourself up if you administer them wrong. Piercing tendons, severed nerves, deep hematomas, etc.

It's not as simple as intramuscular injection at all. There's a lot of complex anatomy in a joint.

Ahh.

Yeah. Still no. Unless you're acutely aware of the local anatomy. Cortisone injections still require specific nerve point targets, it's not as simple as point and shoot.

You can also really screw yourself up if you administer them wrong.
I get 3-4 a year and watched the doc closely. I am pretty sure I can hit the target. Just curious about why horses only, they say no vet script needed and seem ok with shipping me a vial but can't find any difference between 4 legged and 2 legged knuckleheads ya know

I get 3-4 a year and watched the doc closely. I am pretty sure I can hit the target. Just curious about why horses only, they say no vet script needed and seem ok with shipping me a vial but can't find any difference between 4 legged and 2 legged knuckleheads ya know
I see npp helps the joints also, any thoughts on that?

There really isn't a difference, sometimes equine drugs aren't pH buffered for comfort but I'm not sure if that's applicable to betamethasone.

And seriously man. It's not as simple as going in the same spot. It's depth and everything else. You're hitting a target smaller than a US dime in each of the spots. Missing that target can have some pretty serious consequences if you tear a nerve or similar.

There really isn't a difference, sometimes equine drugs aren't pH buffered for comfort but I'm not sure if that's applicable to betamethasone.

And seriously man. It's not as simple as going in the same spot. It's depth and everything else. You're hitting a target smaller than a US dime in each of the spots. Missing that target can have some pretty serious consequences if you tear a nerve or similar.
I understand and appreciate the responces.

I found a site Abbey veterinary supply after days of research that has Betamethasone sodium phosphate and betamethasone acetate injectable suspension for sale named BETAVET, it says for horses only but from what I read and looked into the maker American regents website I cant see any difference in human and horses version. It is FDA approved and exactly what I am looking for. You guys are much more well versed than I am so I thought I would reach out to get any feedback if possible.
Don't get that stuff.
Get some kenacort, stuff made for humans, and pharma