• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Bitcoin or WU?

Will someone please tell me the best way to purchase online, do most ppl use bitcoin, or is WU just as efficient? I would rather just use WU but if it takes longer for everything to process then I will just go through the headache of setting up a bitcoin wallet. Which I have no clue if the methods/tutorials on youtube are the most up to date and accurate ways to set one up. Please help, thanks.

You just joined the forum and are asking a very suspicious question...

You just joined the forum and are asking a very suspicious question...
Who the fuck cares bro.. really? I hate when guys like you try to make a new member look stupid or shady when in all reality its a very simple question, if what I asked is in anyway against the "rules" please enlighten me..

I would not worry about trying to get it completely anonymous at first. That is quite a process, and still uses beta level software builds afaik (unless they finally finalized a dark wallet build). It's far better security than wu/mg from that point anyway.

Just make sure your sources are secure on their end, as far as new wallets, tumbling, and cashing out. And do not use coin base or circle to transfer funds to a source. Go to a simpler wallet app, and transfer from there. The hardest part is getting a clear enough ID photo for circle. . .

Who the fuck cares bro.. really? I hate when guys like you try to make a new member look stupid or shady when in all reality its a very simple question, if what I asked is in anyway against the "rules" please enlighten me..
Alright, alright my bad just all this cyber shit has my paranoid meter on high if I don't recognize the user. Carry on I'm still tryin to learn this Bitcoin myself.

I would not worry about trying to get it completely anonymous at first. That is quite a process, and still uses beta level software builds afaik (unless they finally finalized a dark wallet build). It's far better security than wu/mg from that point anyway.

Just make sure your sources are secure on their end, as far as new wallets, tumbling, and cashing out. And do not use coin base or circle to transfer funds to a source. Go to a simpler wallet app, and transfer from there. The hardest part is getting a clear enough ID photo for circle. . .
Okay okay im with you so far. If you dont mind, could you give me of an example of a less secure program. If not coinbase or bitstamp then what?

Alright, alright my bad just all this cyber shit has my paranoid meter on high if I don't recognize the user. Carry on I'm still tryin to learn this Bitcoin myself.
no problem bro, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful I had just got done lifting, pumped as hell, def didnt feel like pussy footing around however I do want to abide by the rules of this forum.

How can the average consumer determine this?
You can ask.

Which is to say, you can have as much faith in that as you can when verifying your gear is dosed properly, and somewhat sanitary.

So really, you can ask, and then hope really hard. . .

Personally, I like to see a brief explanation of all security processes, either on an intro post from the source, or in an opening email prior to the first buy. If I don't see the word tumble, or if there is no pgp option, I move on. Basic security measures should be considered a must.

@MindlessWork @pumpingiron22

These guys would be better off going into detail. I will leave the true details to men smarter than my self. But there are no truly anonymous means of moving money electronically right now, outside of cryptocurrency protocols that are currently not my forte. Btc seems to be the easiest means to go about purchasing without leaving physical evidence. And as I just told someone in a pm, I like to do things on a phone, as it's easier to smash the hard drive during a raid. . .

I use mycelium. There are more private options out there, dark wallet was one build I was looking at. However, to be truly anonymous requires a bit of sophistication in terms of protocol, and it's not something I have been able to set up to my liking yet. And therefore, I am not ready to give advice on that subject. Others who have been tagged would be much better to advise you of you wish true anonymity. And the material is available via google, but it is not necessarily easy for the uninitiated. . .

Appreciate the input @D-Ballin

I guess in a nutshell buy the coins from either coinbase or circle then transfer to a wallet of your choice? From the wallet go about your business to buy protein powder?

Appreciate the input @D-Ballin

I guess in a nutshell buy the coins from either coinbase or circle then transfer to a wallet of your choice? From the wallet go about your business to buy protein powder?
Yep, maybe move your coins around from wallet to wallet from time to time as well. Be careful with coinbase and do not use that service for making a purchase from your favorite sources, as they may hand over info to LE as well as closely monitoring your transactions. Just do the buys from such places and then transfer the coins to a more private wallet service.

Last edited:
Short, not truly anonymous answer, yes.

But anonymity is hard to come by these days. I'm somewhat tech versed, and even I get lost in spots. Still working on it my self.

It's hard to appreciate the depth of true anonymity without some background. We're talking about anonymity to the point of hiding money that no one will ever find other than you, lost in cyberspace for all eternity until you cough up a wallet mnemonic. There's fifty shades of anonymity going on here, and the hard part is deciding what is appropriate for your application and skill set.

Yep, maybe move your coins around from wallet to wallet from time to time as well. Be careful with coinbase and do not use that service for making a purchase, as they may hand over info to LE as well as closely monitoring your transactions. Just do the buys from such places and then transfer the coins to a more private wallet service.
isnt it best to only purchase the amount of bitcoin you plan on spending?

You can ask.

Which is to say, you can have as much faith in that as you can when verifying your gear is dosed properly, and somewhat sanitary.
The latter can be verified by anyone by simply sending the vial in for testing.

Not so when it comes to a vendor's claims about the bitcoin security you mentioned.

At best, consumers can look at the address given to them by a vendor to see if it is new, never used before. If it's not, be careful.