• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Bitcoin

LittleD90

Need some advice I want to give Bitcoin a try but it seems very shady and being able to be traced back to me ie using my bank account to buy bc. Is there a way to make it anonymous ? Or is there always a way to trace it back to me?

Need some advice I want to give Bitcoin a try but it seems very shady and being able to be traced back to me ie using my bank account to buy bc. Is there a way to make it anonymous ? Or is there always a way to trace it back to me?
Buy the Bitcoin with coin base or circle. Then transfer to a wallet to use. I use green address. I think I even used a fake name with circle and green space. I also used a secure email ProtonMail

Buy the Bitcoin with coin base or circle. Then transfer to a wallet to use. I use green address. I think I even used a fake name with circle and green space. I also used a secure email ProtonMail
Ok but when I purchase the bc I use my bank account. That right there can't be traced back to me ?

Ok but when I purchase the bc I use my bank account. That right there can't be traced back to me ?
That's why you transfer it to the wallet before you use it. I think you can use a prepaid card for the purchase. Can't remember though

I just checked the other day on the app because I heard that. It didn't say anything

Just checked still good for me
Ok so just download circle or coin base put funds in from a pre paid card purchase Bitcoin and then transfer into green address to use ?

I just checked the other day on the app because I heard that. It didn't say anything

Just checked still good for me
There is an update to circle app. Once you update it you will lose the option to scan QR code. Even if you purchase now. You might get the transaction rejected.

Coinbase. I got a 5k weekly limit with them. Just move it from wallet to wallet. Don't ever buy directly from coinbase to the man with Stair Rods.

You guys must be the only ones that can still buy will circle then. Bc every time I click buy, and everybody I know, a screen pops up that says you can no longer buy and sell with circle. You can transfer what you have in right now somewhere else but buying anything new you can't. It says they have teamed up with coinbase and you have to go thru them now.

Yup just checked circle and it's true, you can't buy bitcoin through them anymore.
Kind of a bummer.:(