• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Blood Work Help

PwrTwr

Need your guys help & advice, I did various blood analysis/tests and got some results I didn't Like at all. First, Creatinine Serum was at 1.8mg/dL where the lab I went to has a reference range of .8-1.5, the lab technician expressed some concerns on this measurement and asked me if I was taking any meds as this indicated some kind of damage or type of stress going on in my body (kidneys?), I am not taking any meds currenlty so this came as a surprise but I did stop taking creatine about 2 weeks before the test and I am curious as to wheter this elevated number could be the result of that? Second, Lipids: Tryglicerides was ok at 157mg/dL (Ref: 40-200) but Cholesterol was way off at 32mg/dL for the HDL, 195mg/dL for the LDL and 31.40 for the mg/dL; As you can see I am the opposite of what a good chol profile should be, this is really interesting as I am 10 days into a cleansing/detox diet taking a lot of fiber and high protein but not so much fat (I did eat 3 egg whites and one egg yolk the night before the test, could this have eleveted levels and messed up the profile so much?). Albumin serum was 4.8g/dL (.4 higher thant the ref level max) and Globulin was at 2.3 gr/dL. Serum Uric Acid was 9.0 mg/dL (ref: 2.3-7.5). Other results that I am concerned about are Free test which was REAL LOW at 1.8ng/mL, but my Free Test was within range! (2.2ng/dL). Estradiol E2 at least gave me a low reading (maybe because of the low tot test?) at 18.9 pg/mL. I am not taking (and have not done so for about 8-9 months) any chemical enchancers that could be the cause of such a low volume (I did take the supplement 1-AD for about one week about 10 days before the blood tests but I doubt this has anything to do with it). DHEA-s was surprisingly ok at 303.5 ug/dL. I took A LOT of other tests but I am only showing those that are a concern or that I feel could be needed as reference to evaluate my main concerns: Toxicity and Hormonal levels. I hope this is the right area to post this message and I can get some guidance on this, I am/was about to start a strict diet regimen, increase workout intensity by a bunch...while getting some HRT help.
Any insight you can provide on these will be appreciated,
Thanks.
Al

SWALE said:
Didn't you discuss these issues with your doctor?

About whether creatine monohydrate affected creatinine levels: "Creatine? why are you taking it? you should not be taking that if it increases creatinine this much, better if you stop taking it...", that is crap; Now the creatinine issue is moot since I did some extensive research and found what was the problem: I took a one week treatment with Vioxx two weeks prior to the test, and was actually using an anti inflammatory ointment (w/Naproxen sodium) the same week of the blood test, and apparently these meds tends to raise creatinine levels by about 25% (add this to the slight increase realized by the creatine supplementation and the muscle breakdown of weight training and..you get 1.8). Since all other markers where ok for the liver and kidney (other than Uric Acid which tends to run on the higher end on my familiy AND raises when one is on a high protein diet, which I am) I see no reason to concern myself (other than testing these two markers again in a month or so to see if at least the creatinine got back to "normal").

Cholesterol is just a question of diet (I am already into one since I finally realized that the fat bliners had been on for too long): Tryglicerides where ok as well as homocysteine.

The only marker I didn't find any answers on is the Test which I was told not to worry since this free testosterone was ok (another answer that sucks!), I am still researching this one: Why is total T SO LOW while Free T is good (and DHEA-s is ok)? Should such a low Total T reading not be a concern if Free T shows ok? How can it go from
OK DHEA -> LOW Total T -> "HIGH" free T??

Drugs of the class NSAID's tend to decrease kidney function because of their effcets at the proximal renal tubule. That is also why they cause water retention.

Your Free T is within normal range because you have low SHBG levels, so it is not being bound up to same, and more is disproportiuonatley available to you. Also, your high albumin adds to that which is "bioavailable" because it only weakly binds T.