• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Blood work thoughts 8 weeks post-cycle

Disarmer

I recently had some blood work done to get a quote for life insurance. I've compiled the things that were outside of range and I'm curious your thoughts on them in the context of the info I'm about to provide. I am currently cruising on 150mg/week Test cyp TRT.

Stats
5'11
39yo
200lbs
14% bf estimate from Omron handled device

On October 10th I took my last pin from my 16 week blast of:
Test cyp 500mg/week
Tren e 400mg/week
Anavar 30mg/day last 6 weeks.
Accutate 30mg/day started Sept 5th (ongoing)

Other details:
I typically refrain from alcohol and refrained during the entire course of my 16 week blast, but over the last little while I have been drinking socially more frequenly. (6-7 drinks per week over the last 5 weeks).

My thoughts:
(looking to be corrected here or schooled if there is anything I have missed).

Blood pressure - Diastolic BP being lower than the range surprised me, but I have routinely been told over the last year my blood pressure is fine, and I suspect that being above the range is worse than being below. The writeup that came with my results only discusses high blood pressure not low blood pressure, so any insight you have into this would be appreciated.

Liver Function - Liver stress was expected from the Accutane, Anavar, Tren, and recent alcohol consumption. What are your thoughts on these levels nearly 8 weeks out from the last injection

Lipid Profile - This one is a bit more interesting. This typically indicates cardiovascular problems but if that were the case I'd expect my blood pressure to be higher. However the writeup in this section suggests my poor lipids could be related to my high liver levels (emphasis mine):

An elevated ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase) result could indicate liver disease but may also be elevated in bone disorders, in young people and in pregnancy.

ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) and AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase) are liver enzymes that are released into the circulation when liver cells are injured or die. Generally, the higher the number, the greater the extent of liver damage.

Bilirubin is a yellow-coloured breakdown product of hemoglobin that causes jaundice when levels are high. A slightly elevated level can be a normal finding in some healthy people.

GGT (Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase) is an enzyme found predominantly in the liver. Damaged cells release this protein into the blood making it a very sensitive indicator of liver damage. Heavy alcohol consumption, certain medications and illicit drugs, and bile tract obstruction may all lead to elevated levels.

Below are the valies that are outside of range, high or low. In the next post I'll include everything they tested for in case that adds additional helpful context.

Appreciate your insight and thoughts, gentlemen!

bloodwork.png

I am a little concerned for your liver function/cholesterol.

8 weeks post cycle things should have returned to baseline. How is your visceral fat? do you have a large trunk?

Handheld BF% devices are shit. I wouldnt even bother with it.

if its this high off cycle makes me wonder what it is on cycle.

I also may be a little unfair. I am basing it off of myself and I think I am an outlier. I have similar stats as you.

My labs look like this on blast. Except my current one which looks better than me on just TRT.

I am a little concerned for your liver function/cholesterol.

8 weeks post cycle things should have returned to baseline. How is your visceral fat? do you have a large trunk?

Handheld BF% devices are shit. I wouldnt even bother with it.

if its this high off cycle makes me wonder what it is on cycle.

I also may be a little unfair. I am basing it off of myself and I think I am an outlier. I have similar stats as you.

My labs look like this on blast. Except my current one which looks better than me on just TRT.

Appreciate the insight @Cridi887. Let me answer a few of your questions, and give some background.

I've been off the sauce since 2016 and fell out from the gym in 2019. Gained 50lbs after having a kid and during covid. I dropped 70lbs in 2021 after resuming the gym early that year. Started TRT and March and this summer my first blast since 2016.

I do tend to carry visceral fat. My subcutaneous fat has decreased significantly prior to hopping on TRT and blast this past summer. For subcutaneous fat I'm mostly just battling a bit of muffin stubborn muffin top that I've always found to be the last visual problem to fade. I believe most of the rest to be visceral.

I wouldn't say I have a large trunk but I would say it remains larger than I'd like. My fat tends to "wear well" and not be too obvious to others, presumably because it's visceral. If I were to guess, I think I can cut to 185lbs to eliminate much of the visceral fat I'm carrying.

In 2019 I was diagnosed with a fatty liver after what was likely a poorly executed Keto diet - I ate way too much animal fats like pork belly as opposed to healthier fats like avocado. I haven't had this checked since but I would expect to still have a fatty liver. Fatty liver is something that seems to run in my family, although nobody else puts any emphasis on exercise more than practicing yoga.

I'm with you, my liver values are not where I expected them to be, but I wasn't quite sure how concerning these were given the 16 weeks of Tren.

After reading your message I have reconsidered my post and I think I probalby underestimated my alcohol consumption; Since I resumed social drinking about 5 weeks ago, I believe 6-7 /week is probably the lowest I've drank, and perhaps as high as 12 drinks other weeks. Anyway, I'm back to teetotaling after getting these results.

Do you think the daily accutane, recent alcohol consumption fatty liver, visceral fat, etc etc could explain my values being where they are, or would we still expect them to be lower in spite of all that?

Fatty liver is what I am trying to get into actually. I would probably focus more on cutting. I am not sure if Anavar could be of assistance during the cut since it was seen to help with visceral fat.

The daily accutane could have played a role but that is 8 weeks ago.
People vary with alcohol. I have gotten hammered 2 days prior to a blood test or even had some drinks. my liver labs come out fine.

There is also the genetic factor and longer history of NAFLD(Assuming Fatty liver originally wasnt related to alcohol)

At the end of the day, our genetics play a bigger role than drugs. some of us are luckier than others.

I would reduce alcohol intake and drop weight. Your liver/cholesterol may technically be related to fat and not alcohol itself.

Prior to AAS my liver enzymes were a little more elevated. assuming because of NAFLD, dexa scans even showed a reduction for myself

@Cridi887 I might not have been clear on the Accutane - I started 30mg per day early September and I am still taking this. The plan is to continue at this dose through to end of February 2023. That's the only thing I am taking other than 150 mg/week Test cyp.

Really appreciate your advice here brother, will focus on cutting fat and will follow through on the alcohol.

I'm going to do some research on Anavar in this context as well. I'd prefer not to add an oral but I'll remain open to the idea pending some reseaerch

ooooohh ok. In that case I am not as surprised. I wont worry too much. if it was 2-3 x upper limits of normal, then I would probably be more concerned.

Your labs appear fairly normal for being on accutane. it is as expected

if your family does have a history of Fatty liver disease. you are already aware of it and seem like you are on the right track with your weight reduction.

Good luck with everything and thats great you are watching your markers