Bromocriptine vs Caber..

What's your rationale for even taking them? Prolactin is a bogeyman issue unless you have a prolactin-secreting tumor. And these drugs negatively impact hypertrophy.

Bromo has a much shorter half-life but makes a lot of people sick. I view these as practically rec drugs.

And these drugs negatively impact hypertrophy.
I can't find anything about this. Can you please provide some citation? I am really curious as to how much and what mechanism/how it would reduce muscle growth.

I can't find anything about this. Can you please provide some citation? I am really curious as to how much and what mechanism/how it would reduce muscle growth.
I'll have to look into it a bit more but I think it was premature to quickly conclude that they may negatively impact hypertrophy by glancing at the mechanisms, since their action is likely specific in lactotrophs.

Without getting into the secondary messenger systems involved, which can negatively affect strength and hypertrophy, I am hopeful that bromo/caber just work specifically enough in lactotrophs that it's not a bad thing for strength/hypertrophy.

Another matter is whether D2 and the other dopamine receptors these agonize negatively impact neural mechanisms involved in strength.

Either way, this would be a minor aspect of the problems with taking these unnecessarily though. An AI should be sufficient for preventing hyperprolactinemia when on cycle.

Last edited:
Yeah, so it's an untested hypothesis whether caber or bromo reduce skeletal muscle hypertrophy. So no evidence!

Looking at what these do specifically in lactotrophs led me to surmise they may reduce hypertrophy in skeletal muscle, but the only evidence I see of effects in muscle is in cardiac muscle hypertrophy. Bromo can do some good things in insulin resistance. In smooth muscle (cardiac) cells these drugs have been tested and shown to reduce hypertrophy, but have never been studied in skeletal muscle.

Yeah, so it's an untested hypothesis whether caber or bromo reduce skeletal muscle hypertrophy. So no evidence!

Looking at what these do specifically in lactotrophs led me to surmise they may reduce hypertrophy in skeletal muscle, but the only evidence I see of effects in muscle is in cardiac muscle hypertrophy. Bromo can do some good things in insulin resistance. In smooth muscle (cardiac) cells these drugs have been tested and shown to reduce hypertrophy, but have never been studied in skeletal muscle.
Understood. Thanks so much for the insight! I haven't studied these particular drugs in depth at all. I hadn't even heard of bromocriptine to be honest.

I will do some more research ;)

i have done a lot of research on prolactin/caber and haven't seen anything about that either..but who knows maybe hes right idk