Buchner Filter vs. Nalgene, Millipore

AliceInGains

Hey guys I am a new member of Meso forums but have some experience with gear over the years. I have been reading over you guys threads for the last couple days and I feel like I have pieced some pretty good info together regarding brewing. I have always just purchased finished oils from the source but I am wanting to see if I cant brew my own. So it seems a good chunk of the older threads I have seen most people were using Nalgene, Millipore, Autofil. However the information I have been gathering as of late is most people are using Buchner funnels. However I don't have access to an autoclave and realize I would need to sterilize much more with the Buchner and I also like being able to purchase glass media bottles for the disposable bottle top filter units and put GL45 open caps with rubber septums on the media bottle it seems more sterile to me. It seems much easier to just have to sterilize the glass media bottle. I have been researching the Zapcap Chemical Resistant filters however from what I can see the tops don't have threads on them to screw on to a glass media bottle. I will probably go with a hand pump from what I have read they are fairly easy to use. I have also read information about double filtering gear with a .45 Micron and then using the .22 micron. Could I not pull the mixed solution out of the warm beaker with a 60ml and then put a .45micron on it and then filter it into the bottle top filter and filter it again with the .22 through the vaccum filtration? Sorry I have went on a tirade my questions are this.

1. Which bottle top filtration unit would you guys recommend?
2. Would the best filter for these products be PVDF and Nylon? The batches will be TestP, TestE, TrenA, MastP.
3. Is there a media bottle that fits the ZapCap CR? I like that it is chemical resistant im thinking that would help from breaking the filter down from the BA & BB.

Any help I could get regarding this would be much appreciated. You guys post have covered a great deal and have been super helpful I am just wanting to make sure I have it down solid I don't want to waste any gear or as little as possible. Thanks again!

Back