Burned speck

jJjburton

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
So during my home brew , There was a dark black speck, that must’ve happened after I sterilized the beaker, and it was on the inside, it disappeared, hence went in the oil, I just think it was burnt rubber alcohol or water, I ran it through the filter, do you think it’s still good to pin?

Actually now not sure, the black speck, it must of filtered out, as it was for sure sterile

It doesn't matter what's in the beaker, you could drop some hair in there and it'd be fine, it all gets stopped at the filter and what's in your filtered sterile vials is all that matters.
On a side note you don't need to sterilise your beaker, just make sure it's clean and most importantly dry.

It doesn't matter what's in the beaker, you could drop some hair in there and it'd be fine, it all gets stopped at the filter and what's in your filtered sterile vials is all that matters.
On a side note you don't need to sterilise your beaker, just make sure it's clean and most importantly dry.

I like to clean it to be careful, i just do dawn soap with brissle brush, rubbing alc, 450 deg for 15 min. Its quick and cleans it. Might as well.

So it drys it too, and then when i take it out its still warm which helps the power in solution.

A piece of advise from a fellow long time brewer: never pin freshly brewed gear. Let it sit for 5 days so the BA can do it's added job if ANYTHING slipped through filtering
Ok interesting as i always pin fresh brew everytime. Wont do that anymore and let it sit.

A piece of advise from a fellow long time brewer: never pin freshly brewed gear. Let it sit for 5 days so the BA can do it's added job if ANYTHING slipped through filtering
I can see the logic, but BA is a bacteriostatic agent not a bactericidal, it means that it prevents from growth, but it is not very effective on killing the bacteria already in there, so I wouldn't rely on it if you think that there is bacteria on your brew that slipped through filtering.

If there was a black speck on your beaker, it may be a residue from your last brew, that you didn't cleaned and after you heated the beaker it burnt leaving a speck, so probably it is burnt oil.

I can see the logic, but BA is a bacteriostatic agent not a bactericidal, it means that it prevents from growth, but it is not very effective on killing the bacteria already in there, so I wouldn't rely on it if you think that there is bacteria on your brew that slipped through filtering.

If there was a black speck on your beaker, it may be a residue from your last brew, that you didn't cleaned and after you heated the beaker it burnt leaving a speck, so probably it is burnt oil.
On principal I agree, but the finajet kits with the coffee filters and all the junky process involved brewing tren back in the days has taught us that BA is somewhat effective and that the human body is resilient.

The pharma 0.9% BA maybe isn't great as a bactericidal but 2% (usually used in homebrewing) seems to offer some kind of added protection beside filtering.

Yea maybe, i scrubbed the crap out of that beaker. Maybe soap burns. Thats said, i pinned it and seems ok thus far.

As the filter 100% would grabbed it, i believe lol.

I love how you went from “I’m really concerned” to “I already pinned it” within 45 minutes lol

I love how you went from “I’m really concerned” to “I already pinned it” within 45 minutes lol
Yes because i looked at the beaker and the black speck was still in there. But still, you are correct. Inpatient

Sponsors

Latest posts