Bust in San Diego

I’m sure everyone has a large stash somewhere. I know I would. It would be idiotic to be in the illegal drug game and have all your funds where they could easily be seized when you get busted.

It always blows my mind reading that LE has been investing a particular ugl for all the years they do before making the bust. Like what did waiting 6 years gain them? Sure in that time they followed some money, emails, etc and obtained a few more in the operations but 6 years? Guess the headlines read better when they can say over X amount of years X amount of millions were sold/made.

I’m sure everyone has a large stash somewhere. I know I would. It would be idiotic to be in the illegal drug game and have all your funds where they could easily be seized when you get busted.

It always blows my mind reading that LE has been investing a particular ugl for all the years they do before making the bust. Like what did waiting 6 years gain them? Sure in that time they followed some money, emails, etc and obtained a few more in the operations but 6 years? Guess the headlines read better when they can say over X amount of years X amount of millions were sold/made.
These type of multi-year AAS investigations aren't particularly unusual. It also seems to me like an excessive use of resources to gain conviction. But what do I know.

I guess we should keep in mind it's not just about Feliciano. The investigation has its own codename "Operation Swoll Patrol". It distinguishes between Feliciano and the Feliciano "distribution network". So there could be a lot more people involved.

It’s my theory the police find out about a lab then just sit back and watch the money roll in so they can seize more assets like homes and vehicles. Asset forfeiture is big money for the police, That’s how they get the budget for all their shiny new equipment and vehicles.

And like you said, The headlines read better.

Interestingly, the guy knew he was on the DEA's radar 6 years ago when he was busted importing 2 kilograms of raw AAS powder and consented to an interview with federal agents. Maybe he thought they forgot about him:

feliciano-knew-dea-investigting-him.jpg

In case the DEA did forget about him, he made sure to remind them a few years later...

In March 2021, the pill press he imported from China was intercepted by Customs because he didn't fill out the DEA paperwork. So he retroactively notified the DEA and registered the purchase so he could pick it up.

feliciano-pill-press.jpg

Wow this guy was a real genius lol. Love how he registered his clothing company “Odin Elite Apparel” under the same name as his steroid company like the police don’t know how to use google or something

Wow this guy was a real genius lol. Love how he registered his clothing company “Odin Elite Apparel” under the same name as his steroid company like the police don’t know how to use google or something
What's perhaps even worse is that he cannot be the only one in history to go to claim his seized stuff, I mean, even a tire in a landfill is smarter than that

In case the DEA did forget about him, he made sure to remind them a few years later...

In March 2021, the pill press he imported from China was intercepted by Customs because he didn't fill out the DEA paperwork. So he retroactively notified the DEA and registered the purchase so he could pick it up.

View attachment 253350
Lmao wow. Why not just offer the feds some gear during the interview? What an idiot.

View attachment 253350
This has to be one of the dumbest people in existence. Wtf lmao

View attachment 253350
I am utterly speechless concerning this clown. Talk about a blazing shining star of stupidity! Sounds like he was begging to go to prison

They spend 6 years wasting resources on a hormone salesman, Meanwhile how many fentanyl dealers do you figure went untouched in San Diego during that time?

Jfc the police are useless
You don't know anything about the dynamics of the situation, or the associated resource costs, etc.

It's entirely possible that he got on their radar because of a random drug search that found the DBOL, and it took them basically zero man hours to just keep a file open on him for the next several years while he does dumb shit like try to import a pill press and hand them an air-tight case on a platter.

But, you want to paint the picture that they spent 6 years of full time hours "wasting time" so you can feign outrage over things you don't actually know.

You don't know anything about the dynamics of the situation, or the associated resource costs, etc.

It's entirely possible that he got on their radar because of a random drug search that found the DBOL, and it took them basically zero man hours to just keep a file open on him for the next several years while he does dumb shit like try to import a pill press and hand them an air-tight case on a platter.

But, you want to paint the picture that they spent 6 years of full time hours "wasting time" so you can feign outrage over things you don't actually know.
Actually... we know quite a lot. And it involved numerous man hours on surveillance alone:

2017 February - DEA tipped off to damaged powder shipment from Hong Kong; DEA interviewed suspect;

2018 November - surveillance of several AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified male; male followed to the post office; agents seized and searched one package

2020 March - surveillance of several AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified female; female followed to the post office; agents seized and searched two packages

2021 March - customs intercepted pill press; surveilling agents observed suspect personally accept delivery

2022 January - surveillance of box with plastic bag containing 165 AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified male; followed to UPS Store; agents seized and searched 5 parcels

2022 December - surveillance of multiple boxes containing AAS parcels leaving residence with 4 unspecified persons; followed to post office; agents seized and searched box

2023 February - surveillance of box with plastic bag containing 306 AAS parcels leaving residence with 2 unspecified male; followed to UPS Store; agents seized and searched 3 parcels

Attachments

• edgar-lopez-feliciano-complaint.pdf
    473.3 KB · Views: 20
Actually... we know quite a lot. And it involved numerous man hours on surveillance alone:

2017 February - DEA tipped off to damaged powder shipment from Hong Kong; DEA interviewed suspect;

2018 November - surveillance of several AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified male; male followed to the post office; agents seized and searched one package

2020 March - surveillance of several AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified female; female followed to the post office; agents seized and searched two packages

2021 March - customs intercepted pill press; surveilling agents observed suspect personally accept delivery

2022 January - surveillance of box with plastic bag containing 165 AAS parcels leaving residence with unspecified male; followed to UPS Store; agents seized and searched 5 parcels

2022 December - surveillance of multiple boxes containing AAS parcels leaving residence with 4 unspecified persons; followed to post office; agents seized and searched box

2023 February - surveillance of box with plastic bag containing 306 AAS parcels leaving residence with 2 unspecified male; followed to UPS Store; agents seized and searched 3 parcels
Right. Now try to quantify the associated man hours and come up with some kind of assessment of the value of those vis a vis hours "spent on fentanyl" etc etc. That's still a fraction of the information needed to have make some kind of cost-benefit analysis.

It's impossible, which is why arbitrarily filling in the blanks so you can get mad about it is silly, IMO.

Anyway, they got tipped off to a guy importing a pile of DBOL. Expecting them to say "well, fentanyl is nasty shit, we'll just ignore this guy" is pretty funny.

Regardless, no need to belabor that; the hubris of this guy was definitely pretty ferocious. Had multiple parcels seized *locally*, had the whole pill press debacle, and just kept chugging along. Kinda bonkers.

Right. Now try to quantify the associated man hours and come up with some kind of assessment of the value of those vis a vis hours "spent on fentanyl" etc etc. That's still a fraction of the information needed to have make some kind of cost-benefit analysis.

It's impossible, which is why arbitrarily filling in the blanks so you can get mad about it is silly, IMO.

Anyway, they got tipped off to a guy importing a pile of DBOL. Expecting them to say "well, fentanyl is nasty shit, we'll just ignore this guy" is pretty funny.

Regardless, no need to belabor that; the hubris of this guy was definitely pretty ferocious. Had multiple parcels seized *locally*, had the whole pill press debacle, and just kept chugging along. Kinda bonkers.
Right. I was responding to your speculation about the time spent on the case. My point is it was certainly more than "basically zero man hours to just keep a file open on him for the next several years". A lot more.

When all your funds are seized due to it being proceeds from criminal activity then your stuck using a public defender.
But he should of been smart enough to have already paid a lawyer to have on standby in case anything ever did go wrong if all those.millions were indeed his money or if they were just using him as the scapegoat

Yes indeed he was not smart to keep going after being interviewed by the DEA lol and also not smart to be using the dam UPS store to ship your stuff. Ups and fed ex can just open your packages if they feel like it which is exactly what happened when the cops showed up at their store. That's why you never use Ups or fed ex. And I still see other sources using ups and fed ex which is extremely high risk cuz the company can open and inspect your stuff and if the cops ever came they can just open it. It's much safer to just stick with that one shipping company that needs a warrant to open or x-ray your packages when being shipped domestically.

Yes indeed he was not smart to keep going after being interviewed by the DEA lol and also not smart to be using the dam UPS store to ship your stuff. Ups and fed ex can just open your packages if they feel like it which is exactly what happened when the cops showed up at their store. That's why you never use Ups or fed ex. And I still see other sources using ups and fed ex which is extremely high risk cuz the company can open and inspect your stuff and if the cops ever came they can just open it. It's much safer to just stick with that one shipping company that needs a warrant to open or x-ray your packages when being shipped domestically.
Ups can open packages. Not the USPS store.

Can still ship it by USPS at the UPS store typically

Ups can open packages. Not the USPS store.

Can still ship it by USPS at the UPS store typically
Yeah that's what I said that ups can open your stuff. I didn't want to name the good shipper lol. But I've never heard of people shipping USPS items thru the UPS store. But that's why you just avoid ups altogether.