Bystolic Vs Olmesartan

It's like asking what is better apple or banana.

These are 2 different drug classes. Nebivolol can make sense for high blood pressure, but only if you have some kind of elevated resting heart rate, too.

You need to look up the mechanism of action of these drugs. Figure out WHY you have high blood pressure.

Then choose the most efficient tool for the job. Usually in the medical field…the first line is an ace inhibitor. But with us on AAS, the ARBs specifically deal with RAAS cascades.

If you were a meth head, a beta blocker might be first choice.

If it were me….I’d try 40mg telimisartan and do some LSD cardio. Walking the dog is not LSD cardio.

Still too high? Add 2.5-5mg nebivolol. Still too high? Bump telimisartan to 80mg. Still too high? Drop the fucking tren.

A diuretic is the last thing I would recommend to take. They come with a big list of downsides long term.
I recently incorporated 12.5mg of hctz along with 80mg of telmisartan at the end of my cycle. I didn't experience many issues.

I was happy with my decision.

I recently incorporated 12.5mg of hctz along with 80mg of telmisartan at the end of my cycle. I didn't experience many issues.

It's less about sides that you feel, it's more about what is happening in the background. Diuretics will worsen your blood sugar levels and increase your risk for diabetes by a lot. If you are taking gear and already have high hematocrit then diuretics will make that even worse. There's so many downsides that diuretics generally are the last option to control blood pressure.

It's less about sides that you feel, it's more about what is happening in the background. Diuretics will worsen your blood sugar levels and increase your risk for diabetes by a lot. If you are taking gear and already have high hematocrit then diuretics will make that even worse. There's so many downsides that diuretics generally are the last option to control blood pressure.

I am basing this off of first lines of therapy for controlling blood pressure. The treatment is only a short period of time. Personally as soon as I am coming off the blast I would be off of the hctz. This isn't a long term type of treatment and only as long as the blast. Personally this was really active in the last 2-3 weeks of my blast

The other question is if people that had "increased risk" of diabetes only had an increase of blood sugar of 2-3. The population under the study probably also aren't training.

But someone else has mentioned nebivolol in another thread, which looks like it would be a better alternative overall. I'll read more into it.

Last edited:

I am basing this off of first lines of therapy for controlling blood pressure. The treatment is only a short period of time. Personally as soon as I am coming off the blast I would be off of the hctz. This isn't a long term type of treatment and only as long as the blast. Personally this was really active in the last 2-3 weeks of my blast

The other question is if people that had "increased risk" of diabetes only had an increase of blood sugar of 2-3. The population under the study probably also aren't training.

But someone else has mentioned nebivolol in another thread, which looks like it would be a better alternative overall. I'll read more into it.
Well, there's a handful of newer studies about hctz and they all come to the same conclusion. Sadly this is the downside of every diuretic.

Hyperglycemia can occur, and this drug has been known to unmask latent diabetes as well as cause an increase in cholesterol and triglycerides.[14][15]

I used Hctz for a while too and I hardly doubt it will do any harm to you if you are only taking it for the time period of a blast (3 months or so). But as I mentioned there's actually better options to control blood pressure that do not come with the downsides like diuretics (worsened blood glucose metabolism, lipids, hematocrit) which are all the concering downsides that steroids already have too, so I personally don't like to add another medication that crushes these things any further.
For really high blood pressure I like to use Lercanidipine or Amlodipine. Both are literally free of sides at low doses but very strong at lowering bp.

It increases insulin resistance first of all. Very bad for us bodybuilders.

Best combo for a BB if you calculate side into the equation is: telmisartan+ nebivolol

If they work for you, you won the lottery

I would start 40mg telmi and add 5mg nebivolol (as you are already taking BP meds, useless to try only 40mg telmisartan alone)
If it's not enough increase telmisartan first to 80mg.

For an user not taking anything, start with 40mg telmisartan and see from there

Last edited:
Back