Can one take Potassium supplements on Telmisartan without dying?

Mishka1903

Hello there,

I just wanted to know, can one take potassium supplements (capsules) or sodium-potassium-salt (50:50) while being on Telmisartan, w/o the risk of dying?

I am on 80 mg of Telmisartan ed.

I would also like to use 40mg telmisartan ed for its whole range of benefits, but im very worried since my potassium intake is very high...

Bad idea. Did you do blood work for potassium level . ? I don’t take potassium supplements and my levels are above reference range thanks to 80mg Telmisartan per day

I should stop drinking Prime for this very reason, I just love the taste of ice pop and tropical punch. Sadly it contains 700mg of potassium which is high amount and I'm also on telmisartan 40mg/day.

I should stop drinking Prime for this very reason, I just love the taste of ice pop and tropical punch. Sadly it contains 700mg of potassium which is high amount and I'm also on telmisartan 40mg/day.

I mean, you work out and sweat more than normies. Which I think produces a bigger buffer zone for electrolytes.

You can excrete them more efficiently when you need to.

I mean, you work out and sweat more than normies. Which I think produces a bigger buffer zone for electrolytes.

On Average the potassium lost from a Liter of sweat is only 160-320mg’s. Sodium is .46-1.84

Sadly it contains 700mg of potassium which is high amount and I'm also on telmisartan 40mg/day.
I have been hyperkalemic during a bulk drinking a bottle of fair life(milk) a day. An extra 2.4g of potassium. I was on nebivolol and telmisartan at the time.

Yeah, I understand that, but since telmisartan raises potassium by itself to the top of the range for some people it makes me think that supplementing any extra potassium is risky.

On Average the potassium lost from a Liter of sweat is only 160-320mg’s. Sodium is .46-1.84

I have been hyperkalemic during a bulk drinking a bottle of fair life(milk) a day. An extra 2.4g of potassium. I was on nebivolol and telmisartan at the time.
How did you fix it? Did it stabilize and improved once you stopped drinking that milk?

How did you fix it? Did it stabilize and improved once you stopped drinking that milk?
It was actually pretty scary. Kept having palpitations and going into Afib. When to a cardiologist, did all sorts of tests and machines.

It’s fair to note that I was also on tren for my first and only time. Idk if it was causing the issue solely, or if it was exacerbating the hyperkalimia in some way. Potassium was a 5.9 mmol top of the range is 5.2 mmol.

But dropped the tren forever and quit drinking that sweet nector of gains fair life.

It was actually pretty scary. Kept having palpitations and going into Afib. When to a cardiologist, did all sorts of tests and machines.

It’s fair to note that I was also on tren for my first and only time. Idk if it was causing the issue solely, or if it was exacerbating the hyperkalimia in some way. Potassium was a 5.9 mmol top of the range is 5.2 mmol.

But dropped the tren forever and quit drinking that sweet nector of gains fair life.
Tren triggers afib alerts from my apple watch. Woke up in AFib this morning and lost a day to it. I had forgotten since it's been a year since my last alert... and thinking back every alert I have received has been when i was starting to try tren again.

Instantly remembered why i had thrown it all out when I nearly fell down getting out of bed this morning.

Before my apple watch I just thought this feeling was what people complained about as a side effect of tren (out of breath walking up stairs, excessive sweating to the smallest physical exertion). Honestly makes me wonder if AFib while using tren is more common.

Into the trash my latest order goes. Need to tattoo a reminder on my forehead.

Tren triggers afib alerts from my apple watch. Woke up in AFib this morning and lost a day to it. I had forgotten since it's been a year since my last alert... and thinking back every alert I have received has been when i was starting to try tren again.

Instantly remembered why i had thrown it all out when I nearly fell down getting out of bed this morning.

Before my apple watch I just thought this feeling was what people complained about as a side effect of tren (out of breath walking up stairs, excessive sweating to the smallest physical exertion). Honestly makes me wonder if AFib while using tren is more common.

Into the trash my latest order goes. Need to tattoo a reminder on my forehead.
Interesting, I thought I was the only one.
I also wonder if the tren caused the higher potassium some how. I had been on telmisartan and nebivolol for a long time before that. Or if it was strictly the dietary adjustments.