Canadians talk domestic

you won't get CD'd for gear/peptides in Canada but there was a user pretty recently who reported getting secondary searched on return to Canada due to HGH seizure (mailed) earlier in the year. Generally international personal quant is pretty low risk but if you have a security clearance or care about getting secondaried at the border it might be worth being mindful of that.

Nice to save cash but how much would you pay to get your name off of a list if all your mail starts getting opened and you have to talk to CBSA for an extra 30 minutes every time to fly in from out of the country
The worst thing would be getting your Nexus privileges revoked and be scrutinized every time you cross the US border, the inconvenience alone will make me not visit family and friends across.

Isn’t a controlled delivery a pretty standard police tactic? Signing for the package makes it easier for them to say you were expecting the package?

No. Anyone can send anything to anyone. Signing for a piece of mail is normal behavior. It's frankly bizarre for someone to refuse to sign for mail addressed to you.

Look at it this way. You haven't ordered anything illegal, Mail delivery person knocks and asks to you sign for a package addressed to you. Are you seriously going to refuse to accept it? Who does that? That's not normal behavior.

Signing proves nothing and is never used as evidence.

You can always deny you ordered it, that's why they want in to search for corroborating evidence. (or a confession if you're an idiot).

If this were not the case, all that would be required to destroy someone's life is to order something from the dark web and have it sent to them. Does that make sense to you?

No, the purpose of a controlled delivery is to establish the cause necessary to search the target building or vehicle.

This is done when they don't have enough evidence to get a search warrant.

They simply need to establish someone brought the package with contraband inside. Whether that's handing the package to someone at the door, or putting it on the porch and watching it from a distance.

Increasingly they'll put an electronic device in the box that will trigger when opened and transmit a gps location to the authorities, giving them probable cause to conduct a search.

Saavy criminals will typically put a box in their car and drive away before opening it.

In any case, a signature plays no part in it.
Careful of your generalized assumptions your laws differ with ours, plus you don’t have first hand experiences with controlled delivery or even getting a cbsa letter or even dealing with border customs.

Again, please refrain advising people without any knowledge or evidence.

The worst thing would be getting your Nexus privileges revoked and be scrutinized every time you cross the US border, the inconvenience alone will make me not visit family and friends across.

For a while there I seemed to be on some person of interest list. Going back and forth to Montreal I was searched every time, on both sides (US is the worst, rude AF).

Used to haul my GF off for questioning because I think they thought I was sex trafficking her.

Eventually they seemed to lose interest and scrutiny lessened and lessened until they stopped bothering me. I have Global Entry/Nexxus and despite love letters haven't lost it (.knock on wood).

Careful of your generalized assumptions your laws differ with ours, plus you don’t have first hand experiences with controlled delivery or even getting a cbsa letter or even dealing with border customs.

The legal standard for a search warrant is essentially identical in Canada and the US.

The idea that a targeted controlled delivery is foiled by refusing to sign for a package, that all the planning for what is inherently a high risk operation, the prosecutor's groundwork, the necessary surveillance, will all be dependent on whether you sign for a delivery is nonsense.

If there was sufficient evidence to acquire a warrant that's what they'd do,

Again, normal people take delivery of whatever arrives. Maybe I ordered something and forget. Maybe it's a gift. Maybe I won a prize. It's abnormal to leave it outside or refuse it.

Taking delivery of a package is never a "smoking gun" that can be used to prosecute, only a pretext to place you in possession of contraband so they can search for the necessary corroborating evidence or extract that evidence from your mouth if you're stupid.

In the absence of anything. else, the hearing would be something like:

"This package was delivered to your house."

"I have no idea where that came from I didn't order it."

"Guilty!"

Look folks, the best way to address concerns about what could happen isn't to let your imagination run wild. The internet is filled with news accounts, police statements, and court documents. Look it up yourself. Pay attention to how these things are done with say, a fentanyl bust using a controlled delivery. It's never just the delivery. A signature is never held up as evidence of guilt, in fact it's an unnecessary impediment when they can just hand it to you or watch you pick up the box and bring it inside. Finding one for PEDs will be far more difficult, but an even better lessen in how to protect yourself if you can.

Qsc was mentioned so he appeared to save the day

The legal standard for a search warrant is essentially identical in Canada and the US.

The idea that a targeted controlled delivery is foiled by refusing to sign for a package, that all the planning for what is inherently a high risk operation, the prosecutor's groundwork, the necessary surveillance, will all be dependent on whether you sign for a delivery is nonsense.

If there was sufficient evidence to acquire a warrant that's what they'd do,

Again, normal people take delivery of whatever arrives. Maybe I ordered something and forget. Maybe it's a gift. Maybe I won a prize. It's abnormal to leave it outside or refuse it.

Taking delivery of a package is never a "smoking gun" that can be used to prosecute, only a pretext to place you in possession of contraband so they can search for the necessary corroborating evidence or extract that evidence from your mouth if you're stupid.

In the absence of anything. else, the hearing would be something like:

"This package was delivered to your house."

"I have no idea where that came from I didn't order it."

"Guilty!"

Look folks, the best way to address concerns about what could happen isn't to let your imagination run wild. The internet is filled with news accounts, police statements, and court documents. Look it up yourself. Pay attention to how these things are done with say, a fentanyl bust using a controlled delivery. It's never just the delivery. A signature is never held up as evidence of guilt, in fact it's an unnecessary impediment when they can just hand it to you or watch you pick up the box and bring it inside. Finding one for PEDs will be far more difficult, but an even better lessen in how to protect yourself if you can.
Again, all assumptions lol, not evidence based.

Just leave legal stuff alone I think, nobody here is a lawyer who knows what, it’s only some randoms who are sharing their experiences which can or cannot happen to anyone too.

Agreed. There's definitely a dollar-savings that makes it worth ordering internationally and if you never leave Canada it's probably not a huge ordeal. If I were getting secondary searched every time I got home from abroad I would gladly pay $5-10k to get my name off that list.