• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Chlorine's effect on testosterone

MonarchX

Take that study with lots of salt.

Self reported, not monitored.

Results only showed distributive association with the left end of the Bell curve and not causation.

Interesting to be sure but not definitive.

Yeah, but it does suggest that there is a strong connection... Chlorine IS toxic to human body.

On the other hand, Olympic Swimmers get better over time, not worse. I am pretty sure testosterone is important for them to have...

suggest that there is a strong connection

It suggests correlation, not causation.

Lots of thing correlate which have no causal relationship at all like the correlation between ice cream consumption and murder rates. They track at a high significance but have nothing to do with each other aside from the fact that both murder and the desire for ice cream tend to be more frequent during summer.

Not saying this study is bunk, but it is a million miles from definitive causation.

It suggests correlation, not causation.

Lots of thing correlate which have no causal relationship at all like the correlation between ice cream consumption and murder rates. They track at a high significance but have nothing to do with each other aside from the fact that both murder and the desire for ice cream tend to be more frequent during summer.

Not saying this study is bunk, but it is a million miles from definitive causation.

Dude the ice cream and murder comparison is fucking brilliance. I'm going to use that in the future if you don't mind lol

Yeah, but it does suggest that there is a strong connection... Chlorine IS toxic to human body.

On the other hand, Olympic Swimmers get better over time, not worse. I am pretty sure testosterone is important for them to have...

I'm pretty sure the 10,000+ hours they put in the pool mastering their stroke, working on endurance, etc plays a far larger role than testosterone....

Associations between testicular hormones at adolescence and attendance at chlorinated swimming pools during childhood

Is this effect permanent for adults? How long does it take for chlorine to be flushed out of the body? It says Leydig Cells can regenerate - how long does it take for that to happen when on Clomid?

The reason I am asking is because I often attend pools and up until recently I had no idea that chlorinated pools reduce testosterone levels...
interesting...

Sponsors

Latest posts