Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Jn2k2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Had to go on simvastatin, many on TRT will find eventually it's inevitable

Avies48 likes this.
  2. Avies48

Avies48 Member

Ive tried like 3 different statins and had a blood clot after taking one @ only 5 mlg per day, so i cant go back on one, trying to see about getting the shots that help with cholesterol, if thats t no go, then niacin flushes all day every day until mine lowers...

3. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea statins certainly aren't the best thing for most ppl. I think they may have contributed to joint and tendon issues over the years

NorthMich, Villain and Avies48 like this.
  4. Villain

Villain Member

Every day bro, for about a week to two.

Jn2k2 likes this.
  5. Villain

Villain Member

About a week or two and your levels should be fine. I’ve always ran it after a cycle, not entirely sure about running it while on cycle.

Avies48 likes this.
  6. Avies48

Avies48 Member

Ive never cycled tbh, and only ever did trt and my cholesterol readings last time were close to 300, with an ldl of about 200....

Ive had high cholesterol for about 10 yrs or so

7. Villain

Villain Member

Oh, that sucks! I can only say what worked for me and don’t want to give medical advice. I just know that the niacin helped me and I tried it after my friend tried it and it helped him as well. Sadly, you’ll probably only find doctors who will try to get you on a statin instead of trying something natural first.

Avies48 likes this.
  8. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Of course there’s the question of why a person’s cholesterol is high in the first place. It ain’t diet, so what is it?

personally, I think it’s tied in with vascular inflammation and irritation. The cholesterol is meant as a temporary barrier to the irritation. The problem is the environmental irritation doesn’t go away so cholesterol production continues

Avies48 likes this.
  9. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Plus most macro molecules get broken down to their constituent molecules. Like protein. You break macro protein down to aminos.

I’d be surprise if dietary cholesterol were absorbed unadulterated as cholesterol. I imagine it’s broken down then re-built as cholesterol by your body. Again, like protein

Avies48 likes this.
  10. Villain

Villain Member

In this case, AAS

11. Avies48

Avies48 Member

Good question as mine is not aas related never has been as ive only ever been on trt.... And not due to ever using aas, but possibly from getting kicked in the nuts a lot as a kid (no joke)

So not sure but from 2006 till present ive had a total of about 260-279 cholesterol, and an ldl of 177.... Hase only been reduced to 230 /165 1 time

NorthMich likes this.