Coinbase asking for SSN

master.on

i do, dont have a problem with it.
buying btc is legal and a good investment. ill even declare my profits on my tax return.
Yes
but buying gear and having it mailed to countries were it's a controlled substance ain't legal.

Don't get too confident on btc tumblers.

DrinkFlintWater

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Yes
but buying gear and having it mailed to countries were it's a controlled substance ain't legal.

Don't get too confident on btc tumblers.
Im not sure what you mean....i invest primarily with cryptocurrencies. Everything usually starts in coinbase then gets turned into multiple altcoins, switched around multiple times and then sometimes turns back into bitcoin or gets shoved into a hard wallet somewhere....anything my sources get in the end has been scattered around..10 fold....also, the shift card i was referring to allows me to convert bitcoin into visa debit so that the profit i make usually gets spent at the grocery store, gas station etc....

Sk8man101

Bought bitcoin.
Around 2k worth, they charged my account.

Still no bitcoin this was 10 days ago now.

Coinbase doesn't have support just some automated bullshit.
I filed a claim with my bank and I'm trying to get ahold of someone.
Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone at coinbase?

Sk8man101

What kind of IDIOT types in personal info?

Positively
time to look for another btc exchange
or ask if source will allow split WU transfers.
How do you expect to purchase bitcoins without giving a credit card? Which has your name and info on it??

You obviously don't send it straight to them, you'd send it to a second wallet and then send it.
IDIOT.

DrinkFlintWater

Bought bitcoin.
Around 2k worth, they charged my account.

Still no bitcoin this was 10 days ago now.

Coinbase doesn't have support just some automated bullshit.
I filed a claim with my bank and I'm trying to get ahold of someone.
Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone at coinbase?
They have an actual support line..
1 (888) 9087930
Good luck, youll get through to someone eventually...idk the hours on it tho

master.on

How do you expect to purchase bitcoins without giving a credit card? Which has your name and info on it??

You obviously don't send it straight to them, you'd send it to a second wallet and then send it.
IDIOT.
I don't want to say how in an open forum
but you should never use YOUR card, for privacy.

23inch

Using another wallet inbetween gives you no privacy at all and considering the BTC high transaction fees right now, you will end up loosing some good amount of money, not to mention the fees you're already paying for using a credit card!

These moron sources should be using Monero, not Bitcoin.

Localbitcoins and Paxful are usually good alternatives for buying bitcoins anonymously.

Sk8man101

I don't want to say how in an open forum
but you should never use YOUR card, for privacy.
Nobody said I was buying illegal shit with my bitcoin.
I'm just buying bitcoin for investment purposes which is not illegal and can be discussed in the open.

Holistic

I have done many transactions on coinbase.
some small and some well over $1000 and higher.
I did upload my DL and some personal but I was NEVER asked for my SSN.

Today I try to make a small purchase and I get a pop-up stating I must give my SSN to buy the coin.
When did this start??? just a few weeks ago I spent over $1000 and it was fast/smooth without any need for additional information.

What changed? anyone know when and why?
Coinbase is legit... tax reasons... coinbase is under scrutiny from the irs to be accountable for everything from capital gains to money laundering. They are 1.6 billion dollar company... Dont think for a second bitcoin is anonymous (actually the opposite).
Coinbase is 10 times easier and more convenient than everyone else. Of course be careful but the hit me with the same after some larger transactions too. Gemini is good, but you have to link a bank account or wire the money. Localbitcoins.com will have higher fees but total anonymity is possible there (meet someone in person give them cash and they send bitcoin... or deposit in their bank account etc). Also, if u can wait a bit u can get small amounts from coinbase if u sent up a few email addresses and get some prepaid debit cards (No verification needed). If u send to another wallet or tumble... possibly both.. in my opinion giving ss# to coinbase is safe (considering Equifax gets hacked more often)

Holistic

I do instant buys from debit card from the app...money posts within seconds...my bank, not coinbase has blocked all purchases recently...still havent gotten a clear answer as to why..
So coinbase although they are in San Francisco... the charges on cards from UK... so I have to call my bank and allow out of country charges for a day..

Holistic

Coinbase has become a major pain in the ass. Just had a friend get booted off for what they termed was suspected to be an illegal transaction. The transaction was for less than $80.

Time to find a better spot for bitcoin purchases.

Gemini is my go to... coinbase banned me after I bought btc on my account AND then on my gf account and sent them to my account while on same IP address...

Holistic

IDIOT.
Bitcoin atms, localbitcoins.com, wallofcoins.com... buy from someone else from those places... no id required

DrinkFlintWater

You need to be verified first... same thing happened to me...after a few card buys.. they raised my limit but had to get verified...
It was blocked by the fraud department on my end due to "irregular purchase pattern" or something like that...all i had to was confirm that i was in fact making those purchases and its been fine ever since.

Holistic

Using another wallet inbetween gives you no privacy at all and considering the BTC high transaction fees right now, you will end up loosing some good amount of money, not to mention the fees you're already paying for using a credit card!

These moron sources should be using Monero, not Bitcoin.

Localbitcoins and Paxful are usually good alternatives for buying bitcoins anonymously.

Avoid card fees using limit buy orders on gdax (which is coinbase)...heres video

This guys pretty good to watch for investing in btc, but At least save the 3.9% in card fees that he goes over in the video.

Also, jaxx wallet u can send btc with lower priority to save some money on wallet to wallet transfers..