Coinbase asking for SSN

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by RThoads, Nov 10, 2017.

1. master.on

master.on Member

What kind of IDIOT types in personal info?

Positively
    time to look for another btc exchange
    or ask if source will allow split WU transfers.

2. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

i do, dont have a problem with it.
    buying btc is legal and a good investment. ill even declare my profits on my tax return.

3. master.on

master.on Member

Yes
    but buying gear and having it mailed to countries were it's a controlled substance ain't legal.

Don't get too confident on btc tumblers.

4. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Im not sure what you mean....i invest primarily with cryptocurrencies. Everything usually starts in coinbase then gets turned into multiple altcoins, switched around multiple times and then sometimes turns back into bitcoin or gets shoved into a hard wallet somewhere....anything my sources get in the end has been scattered around..10 fold....also, the shift card i was referring to allows me to convert bitcoin into visa debit so that the profit i make usually gets spent at the grocery store, gas station etc....

5. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Bought bitcoin.
    Around 2k worth, they charged my account.

Still no bitcoin this was 10 days ago now.

Coinbase doesn't have support just some automated bullshit.
    I filed a claim with my bank and I'm trying to get ahold of someone.
    Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone at coinbase?

6. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

How do you expect to purchase bitcoins without giving a credit card? Which has your name and info on it??

You obviously don't send it straight to them, you'd send it to a second wallet and then send it.
    IDIOT.

MindlessWork likes this.
  7. DrinkFlintWater

They have an actual support line..
    1 (888) 9087930
    Good luck, youll get through to someone eventually...idk the hours on it tho

sinewave3 and Sk8man101 like this.
  8. master.on

master.on Member

I don't want to say how in an open forum
    but you should never use YOUR card, for privacy.

9. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

A prepaid card should work, such as Vanilla as long as it has correct info.

master.on likes this.
  10. 23inch

23inch Member

Using another wallet inbetween gives you no privacy at all and considering the BTC high transaction fees right now, you will end up loosing some good amount of money, not to mention the fees you're already paying for using a credit card!

These moron sources should be using Monero, not Bitcoin.

Localbitcoins and Paxful are usually good alternatives for buying bitcoins anonymously.

11. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

They finally gave me my bitcoin.
    Or what's left of it after last week lol.

12. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Nobody said I was buying illegal shit with my bitcoin.
    I'm just buying bitcoin for investment purposes which is not illegal and can be discussed in the open.

13. Holistic

Holistic Member

Coinbase is legit... tax reasons... coinbase is under scrutiny from the irs to be accountable for everything from capital gains to money laundering. They are 1.6 billion dollar company... Dont think for a second bitcoin is anonymous (actually the opposite).
    Coinbase is 10 times easier and more convenient than everyone else. Of course be careful but the hit me with the same after some larger transactions too. Gemini is good, but you have to link a bank account or wire the money. Localbitcoins.com will have higher fees but total anonymity is possible there (meet someone in person give them cash and they send bitcoin... or deposit in their bank account etc). Also, if u can wait a bit u can get small amounts from coinbase if u sent up a few email addresses and get some prepaid debit cards (No verification needed). If u send to another wallet or tumble... possibly both.. in my opinion giving ss# to coinbase is safe (considering Equifax gets hacked more often)

14. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Holistic and MindlessWork like this.
  15. Holistic

Holistic Member

You need to be verified first... same thing happened to me...after a few card buys.. they raised my limit but had to get verified...

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  16. Holistic

Holistic Member

So coinbase although they are in San Francisco... the charges on cards from UK... so I have to call my bank and allow out of country charges for a day..

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  17. Holistic

Holistic Member

Gemini is my go to... coinbase banned me after I bought btc on my account AND then on my gf account and sent them to my account while on same IP address...

Masters Power likes this.
  18. Holistic

Holistic Member

Bitcoin atms, localbitcoins.com, wallofcoins.com... buy from someone else from those places... no id required

19. DrinkFlintWater

It was blocked by the fraud department on my end due to "irregular purchase pattern" or something like that...all i had to was confirm that i was in fact making those purchases and its been fine ever since.

Holistic likes this.
  20. Holistic

Holistic Member

Avoid card fees using limit buy orders on gdax (which is coinbase)...heres video

This guys pretty good to watch for investing in btc, but At least save the 3.9% in card fees that he goes over in the video.

Also, jaxx wallet u can send btc with lower priority to save some money on wallet to wallet transfers..