Cracked Rubber on 10ml Vial

I wouldn't use that, it's too big of a crack. It looks to me like the seal is compromised. Best to toss it and get a new vial to be safe.

Depending on what it is I might decide to filter it through a .22 micron PTFE filter into a new, sterile vial if you wanted to.

Is it actually a crack? It just looks like the stopper got smooshed when the vial was crimped, it makes a sort of food in the stopper... Happens with over crimping the vial sometimes.

I'm not very experienced and it's really hard to tell, I've inspected it again and really can't tell.
It may be from crimping too hard and it just looks like a crack.
I've got 4 vials that have this and it's from a very reputable source on this forum.

I can leave them upside down for a period of time and check if moisture escapes? No idea if that's a good indicator

I'm not very experienced and it's really hard to tell, I've inspected it again and really can't tell.
It may be from crimping too hard and it just looks like a crack.
I've got 4 vials that have this and it's from a very reputable source on this forum.

I can leave them upside down for a period of time and check if moisture escapes? No idea if that's a good indicator

You can put pressure into the vial, just put your syringe into it and fill with a few ml of air. Let it sit for a little bit and then put the syringe back in and see if the oil pushes into the syringe by itself like it has a little pressure behind it. If it does, you're good to go.

I don't want to state unequivocally that it's safe because I can't really see it good enough but it just looks like a fold to me... No big deal.

So, this vial is absolutely fine for use. Yes, such things happen. We have already changed tops supplier due to this issue. In newer batches we have other tops. Here is explanation of what happened.

It may happen with some vials. Nobody inserted needles into it or punctured it. When vial is filled with oil, oil is hot. After this vials are closed with rubber caps and plastic tops are mounted. Oil gets colder with the time and its volume reduces. It creates negative pressure inside closed vial. Rubber caps are thinner in the middle specially for needles and in some cases if negative pressure is higher, they can be sucked in and surface punctures and deformations may appear. This all happens already in closed vials under plastic tops. There should be no throughout hole. They are absolutely safe for use. Since it happened already under closed caps nothing really could get into there. We have a number of complains like this lately, but really, it is safe for use.

You can put pressure into the vial, just put your syringe into it and fill with a few ml of air. Let it sit for a little bit and then put the syringe back in and see if the oil pushes into the syringe by itself like it has a little pressure behind it. If it does, you're good to go.

I don't want to state unequivocally that it's safe because I can't really see it good enough but it just looks like a fold to me... No big deal.
I just did this on mine and it just blew the top off. Luckily I didn't drop it when it exploded off, I just shoved the stopper back in. See most recent post on Basicstero. Would you still use??

I just did this on mine and it just blew the top off. Luckily I didn't drop it when it exploded off, I just shoved the stopper back in. See most recent post on Basicstero. Would you still use??

How many ml of air did you put in it? With a full vial, you don't want to go that crazy... Seems like you'd need to really put a lot of air in to break a crimp but I guess it's possible. I have one friend that said he broke the glass apart doing that... Seems far fetched but he wouldn't lie to me about it.

I can't comment on whether I'd use BS. Never have, never plan to. My opinion on them doesn't matter, I have no experience. Use your own judgement.

How many ml of air did you put in it? With a full vial, you don't want to go that crazy... Seems like you'd need to really put a lot of air in to break a crimp but I guess it's possible. I have one friend that said he broke the glass apart doing that... Seems far fetched but he wouldn't lie to me about it.

I can't comment on whether I'd use BS. Never have, never plan to. My opinion on them doesn't matter, I have no experience. Use your own judgement.
It was already uncrimped. I only put a ml of air and slid out of the vial

It was already uncrimped. I only put a ml of air and slid out of the vial

That makes sense... That it popped off anyways. I'm sure that's done by machine with them but it's kind of odd that it wasn't noticed or didn't pop off in transit.

My biggest apprehension with buying from them based on that is that oily packages in transit could get pulled/seized.

It would appear so. Pics on basicstero thread
Huh.. I've never seen or heard that one before.. I will have to research this. Since it easily popped out I wouldn't want those vials personally. But maybe it's something new that works?.. good luck. I read in another post.this is yoir first cycle..take notes/log everything so you habe reference points to look back on in the future..