Crazy filtering idea i came up with

ThinkTrenbolone

test.jpg

Feel free to add ideas to this, none of the hosing needs to be fully sterilized. just clean and free from clogs. the idea i have is medical grade tubing with luer locks attached. using some kind of adhesive for the the attachment to the tubes to allow it to be reusable, ideally something safe for food which would be a medical adhesive

the setup provides two functions

sterilized filtering and with the break bleed. less waste. even if it only drips through, you can filter many vials in one go. keeping things sterilized also if things get caught in the 3 way tubing, attach the break bleed and suck out the rest.

Why not just just vacuum filtration?
Because then you transfer where as this allows you to use what you have vs buying extra stuff. Unless you mean not using the caulking gun pressure and just break bleeding it out? Yes that works. I tried it on a single vial setup but the more vials. The more pressure needed I believe so caulk gun will add a bit of pressure. This also will act like a pump. You press caulk Gun ( in) then suck with break bleed out) rinse and repeat as you will lose vacume as you press. The break bleed will also prevent air going back in the vial.

Use a bottle top filter if you go for volume.or better yet an inline filter with a peristaltic pump
Yeah basically my finally idea to this entire setup is literally filter the entire 100ml batch inside these. Then draw them up into 50ml syringes. Inject into 10 ml

Basically the same use of a bottle top filter except everything is pre sterlized even the "media" bottle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822_213648_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240822_213648_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 0
those filters cannot all handle the same amount of pressure. something will bust.

I can use 6 caulking guns, almost drip like method at the same time.
Have you considered instead of filling each vial individual. Fill up one 100ml vial using up an entire filter. Then drawing it up using sterlized 50ml syringe with the oil heated and just injecting that into the 10ml vials. This should provide a very sterlized batch with out much guess work. Considering the 100ml come pre sterlized also with injection ports
The 100ml vial will be reusable if your comfortable pressure cooking it and cleaning it well to futher reduce the costs though 4 pre sterlized 100ml vials is like 16 dollars

Have you considered instead of filling each vial individual. Fill up one 100ml vial using up an entire filter. Then drawing it up using sterlized 50ml syringe with the oil heated and just injecting that into the 10ml vials. This should provide a very sterlized batch with out much guess work. Considering the 100ml come pre sterlized also with injection ports
I have my method. you are more than welcome to do that method though.

Might as well stick it in paracentesis bottle and withdraw from there lol

I have my method. you are more than welcome to do that method though.

Might as well stick it in paracentesis bottle and withdraw from there lol
I guess it's about time and ease of use for me. Caulking it works. Takes time. But works. I figured if I let it caulk a full 100ml. Then the next day when I'm asleep I can just start the process of transferring it assuming it doesn't mess up when I sleep ( using a weight or some kind of automatic method for this. Likely an electronic Caulking gun)

I guess it's about time and ease of use for me. Caulking it works. Takes time. But works. I figured if I let it caulk a full 100ml. Then the next day when I'm asleep I can just start the process of transferring it assuming it doesn't mess up when I sleep ( using a weight or some kind of automatic method for this. Likely an electronic Caulking gun)
you need to be present during caulking.

at this point, might as well do inline filtering like what narta said

what are you trying to do with all of this?

Are you trying to start a lab? no normal person needs that amount of caulking guns and if you are. I would advise for you to experiment yourself.
No no no. This is all personal use. I'm trying to literally just make it super easy to stay sterlized at home and to be able to quickly make 10 vials at a time. I love seeing all the ideas you guys came up with on the older posts and with out investing into higher end equipment. I believe sticking with pre sterlized items is my best bet atm. That's why suggested the pre sterlized 100ml vials.

You said 6 caulking guns and I just figured yeah that's one way to skin this cat. Then nat mentions just buying bottle top filters but then I'll need to transfer said bottle tops after pre sterlizing the entire media flask which I just don't trust to do at this time. But I certainly will try it. Based on my reading alot of people talk about using media bottles then adding the septa caps which essentially is the same as the pre sterlized vials.

How much are you trying to filter and in what time frame? If you want a set it and forget it method use a bottle top filter with a vac pump. Pour off your warm oil from the mixing flask into your bottle top filter, Go take a long peaceful shit maybe whack off come back and your dewar should be full. Then pour it off into your vials. If you're trying to keep the handshake between the dewar and vials all sterile then use a gl45 dewar with your bottle top filter. Unscrew your bottle top filter screw on a GL45 butyl septum. Then use a 10ml syringe to transfer to your presterilized vials.

How much are you trying to filter and in what time frame? If you want a set it and forget it method use a bottle top filter with a vac pump. Pour off your warm oil from the mixing flask into your bottle top filter, Go take a long peaceful shit maybe whack off come back and your dewar should be full. Then pour it off into your vials. If you're trying to keep the handshake between the dewar and vials all sterile then use a gl45 dewar with your bottle top filter. Unscrew your bottle top filter screw on a GL45 butyl septum. Then use a 10ml syringe to transfer to your presterilized vials.
My issue is how can I keep the g145 sterilized? Where do you buy these septums?

Last edited: