Creatine and Hairloss

KU$H

Hi guys,

My question is if creatine amplified my hairloss, what will 300mg of test and 50mg of anavar potentially do to my hair?
Would it be worth pursuing Finasteride as a DHT blocker or are the side effects not worth it?

After one month of creatine monohydrate, my hair shedding went from maybe 5-10 hairs when showering to literally 20-30 to the point where looking in the mirror I could see the thinning occurring. Even my closest friends commented that my hair was appearing thinner. (I have THICK full Italian hair so thinning is obvious). Also note my moms whole side of the family has full heads of hair.

Creatine was the only change in diet so I quickly narrowed it down to that as the cause. A quick google search proved creatine effects DHT levels hard resulting in hairloss. Within 3 days of stopping creatine, I am back to my normal minimal hair shedding so I don't think it "turned on" the MPB switch IF I am prone to it.

I'm at the age where my hormones are starting to decline and I'd honestly like to hop on and stay on and just dial in the sweet spot, but with my career and ego, a full head of hair is something I feel as though I need and cannot part with.

Please no "suck it up and embrace the hairloss" or "AAS arent for you" comments thanks in advance.
I want to get on and stay on, so what can I do to keep my hair but still run test year round, and pre summer anavar annually and also have a functioning dong.

Thanks!

I'm surprised no one has answered this.

Creatine shouldn't technically cause any hair loss. It is so small that the increase in chances are like 0.5%.

Yes, finasteride or dutasteride are great for protection. However, it is only effective on test based gear. So test and EQ I believe. If you take Anavar it will make the shedding worse whilst on Finasteride.

Basically, you can only use Test to protect yourself whilst using Finasteride, anything else will make it worse... it sucks I know. It doesn't make any sense logically, as it is lowering DHT and DHT drugs should therefore be protected by Fina, but that isn't the case. It is just Test alone.

Some people see more shedding, some people don’t. Just depends. I think it upregulates 5AR but there’s no direct evidence of this

This is the first time I hear that creatine causes hair loss. It seems to me that you are mistaken and may not have found the true cause of hair loss.

This is the first time I hear that creatine causes hair loss. It seems to me that you are mistaken and may not have found the true cause of hair loss.
There are a lot of rumours going around unfortunately, that creatine causes hair loss and that it increases test levels. One study suggested that test was increased, but it was so small that it would do nothing to the body - Then a further study was done that found no evidence of test increase. The hair loss thing logically makes sense from the bro science explanation - but there is no evidence that it causes hair loss.

Either way I think the hair loss for this guy is getting older and potentially the Anavar. I’d suggest the dude gets on finasteride and see how he gets on. What do you think?

There are a lot of rumours going around unfortunately, that creatine causes hair loss and that it increases test levels. One study suggested that test was increased, but it was so small that it would do nothing to the body - Then a further study was done that found no evidence of test increase. The hair loss thing logically makes sense from the bro science explanation - but there is no evidence that it causes hair loss.

Either way I think the hair loss for this guy is getting older and potentially the Anavar. I’d suggest the dude gets on finasteride and see how he gets on. What do you think?
I've searched hard and haven't found a single clinically sound, evidence-based study that says creatine has an effect on hair loss. I guess I didn't search well. But for now, I think it's just a rumor. I agree with your recommendations and in addition, as I wrote earlier, let him look for the true reason.

I've searched hard and haven't found a single clinically sound, evidence-based study that says creatine has an effect on hair loss. I guess I didn't search well. But for now, I think it's just a rumor. I agree with your recommendations and in addition, as I wrote earlier, let him look for the true reason.
Personally, the only supplements that I take that you can buy off the shelf are protein powder by a trusted brand and pre workouts as I don't think anything else is needed or does anything.

You get everything from proper food. I only use the protein powder if absolutely necessary. BCAA's and Creatine... do they really do anything unless you are literally eating nothing but rice? You get enough of both from meat. I think its all a load of marketing crap. Do you really think the Mr Olympias are taking creatine, apart from when on camera to promote a brand or their own brand.

If you want a savage pump, fill your stomach to the brim with carbs, eat a handful of salt (or snort it, depending on how hardcore you are) and then drink 2 litres of water. Then train normally and at the end of your exercise do 100 reps on a low weight, then do an other 100 reps.... love an explosive pump for triceps

Personally, the only supplements that I take that you can buy off the shelf are protein powder by a trusted brand and pre workouts as I don't think anything else is needed or does anything.

You get everything from proper food. I only use the protein powder if absolutely necessary. BCAA's and Creatine... do they really do anything unless you are literally eating nothing but rice? You get enough of both from meat. I think its all a load of marketing crap. Do you really think the Mr Olympias are taking creatine, apart from when on camera to promote a brand or their own brand.

If you want a savage pump, fill your stomach to the brim with carbs, eat a handful of salt (or snort it, depending on how hardcore you are) and then drink 2 litres of water. Then train normally and at the end of your exercise do 100 reps on a low weight, then do an other 100 reps.... love an explosive pump for triceps
Too slick approach, more carbs. The approach is the same as for me. Nutrition must match the needs. Who, even in old age, can show good results and his level of stress is serious. Creatine, EAA and other supplements work and are not marketing bullshit. Again, if a person does not get protein, why would he not use protein. You see the situation too one-sidedly.

Too slick approach, more carbs. The approach is the same as for me. Nutrition must match the needs. Who, even in old age, can show good results and his level of stress is serious. Creatine, EAA and other supplements work and are not marketing bullshit. Again, if a person does not get protein, why would he not use protein. You see the situation too one-sidedly.
Yes, I agree there are many factors with creatine like water intake, carbs etc etc. I have personally never found them to do anything for me. Maybe, my diet contains a sufficient amount of creatine. Especially, when I'm on cycle as I believe that when using tren for example, I can still get a pump etc, even on as little as 1500 calories a day when I'm just chipping away at that last bit of fat before carbing up again

i dont give a flying fuck what anyone says. creatine always made me shed back in my natty days

and btw anavar increases creatine synthesis, so u might wanna avoid that too

and pro tip: dont take proviron if ur prone to hair loss. you will shed like a fucking dog

Yes, I agree there are many factors with creatine like water intake, carbs etc etc. I have personally never found them to do anything for me. Maybe, my diet contains a sufficient amount of creatine. Especially, when I'm on cycle as I believe that when using tren for example, I can still get a pump etc, even on as little as 1500 calories a day when I'm just chipping away at that last bit of fat before carbing up again
Of course, it’s amazing that with so many calories you can still feel the pump. 1500 kcal is very small because it is even lower than the basic energy exchange.

You guys are great! Granted I could just be DHT sensitive but I experimented 2 more times with creatine (3 total) to see if I was just imagining it or what.... I tried 10g per day, 5g per day, and 3g per day. Interestingly, within 10 days of use, the hair shedding would amplify 2x-3x. I'd stop use, and within 2 days my hair shedding was back to minimal/normal. I found 3g per day to be tolerable, but not sure if that dose can be effective for a male bodybuilder trying to grow.

I'm on test now but it hasn't been long enough to gauge if its effecting my hair or not but I plan to increase the dose to self experiment. As of now its just normal shedding but got finasteride if it starts to accelerate. I'v read great stuff about RU will probably order that to have on hand. I also added 3iu HGH daily, plan to run it for at least a year, which might be helping keep the hair not sure (experimenting on self anti-aging lol).

@EJ1739 Is that true that fin is useless when using anavar??? I didnt know that! I planned to add the var in like july/august and drop it like its hot if it the shedding starts amplifying. I will have to read into that. Thanks for the heads up!

You guys are great! Granted I could just be DHT sensitive but I experimented 2 more times with creatine (3 total) to see if I was just imagining it or what.... I tried 10g per day, 5g per day, and 3g per day. Interestingly, within 10 days of use, the hair shedding would amplify 2x-3x. I'd stop use, and within 2 days my hair shedding was back to minimal/normal. I found 3g per day to be tolerable, but not sure if that dose can be effective for a male bodybuilder trying to grow.
I am still surprised that creatine somehow affects the hair. Honestly, I am very surprised.