Cutting with Anavar, does it makes sense

Exhortae

Hi,

I am right now on TRT (100 mg of Test Undecanoate every week). I weight 220 lbs (101 kg) for 6ft2 (1m88). My body fat is 18%. 46 years old.

I would like to do an agressive cut (remove 700 calories from my daily intake). For that I would like to add 20 mg of anavar per day during 12 weeks to preserve muscle, and also because I feel good when using Anavar (at least that's what I used to feel 20 years ago).

My goal is to loose 13 lbs (6kg) during those 12 weeks, of which mainly fat.

Does it makes sense or my body fat is too high to play with Anavar.

This is my training program and diet :

Weightlifting

PPL (3 days per week) - I train low reps heavy weight

Day 1:
Bench Press: 3 * 5reps
Dumbell Shoulder Press: 3 * 6 reps
Dumbell Standing Extension: 3 * 5 reps
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 3+3 * 6 reps
Abs: 4 * 8 reps

Day 2:
Deadlift: 3 * 5 reps
Barbell row: 3 * 6 reps
Dumbell Curl: 3 * 6 reps
Barbel Curl: 3 * 5 reps
Dumbell Shrug: 3 * 7 reps

Day 3:
Squat: 3 * 6 reps
Globlet Squat: 3 * 16 reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 * 6 reps
Standing Calf Raise: 3 * 6 reps

Cycling

3 days per week : between 30 to 50 km each session. I use Zwift and Trainer Road

Rest

1 day per week

Usually this is what I eat every day

Breakfast:
80g of whole wheat bread
30g of protein (beef, fish or eggs)
1 Fruit
10ml of olive oil

Lunch:
100g of basmati rice
40g of protein (beef, fish or Rabbit)
10 ml of olive oil
1 Fruit

Afternoon Snack:
50g of bread
20g of protein (eggs)

Dinner:
100g of semi whole wheat pasta
40g of protein (beef, fish or Rabbit)
10ml of Olive oil
1 fruit

In total 3 056 cal

375g of carbs : 1 500 cal
164g of protein : 656 cal (Unfortunately I cannot eat more than that in protein, It start to mess up with my Gut)
100g of Fats : 900 cal

Between my weightlifting session and bycicle session I spend on average every day 500 calories (weighlifting : 350 cal and bycicling: 650 cal)

Last edited:
13lbs in 12 weeks at 18% starting should be a cake walk man. Also, 12 weeks of orals is a LOT. If anything just up the test a little bit even that’s not necessary

You can cut with any compound, however 20mg of Anavar will do very little to preserve muscle on an aggressive cut.

13lbs in 12 weeks at 18% starting should be a cake walk man. Also, 12 weeks of orals is a LOT. If anything just up the test a little bit even that’s not necessary

Yes, but with my low protein intake I will loose probably half of it as muscle.

So you’re willing to use harsh drugs to try and preserve muscle but not eat enough protein to preserve muscle?

If you’re worried about losing muscle diet even slower. But 13lbs and starting at 18% bf, which if you’re like everyone else actually means 20+, you literally have nothing to worry about.