Δ6-testosterone enanthate

janoshik

Subscriber
A supposedly very PIP inducing raw powder of testosterone enanthate has been received.
Analysis for heptanoic acid yielded negative result, so I decided to dig deeper and a massive contamination of testosterone enanthate with.... testosterone enanthate was found.

However not the usual kind, but delta 6 testosterone enanthate, which is listed, at least in European Pharmacopoeia, as "Impurity F" with maximum permissible limit of 0.3%.

In this case, by very brute approximation, 15.46% of delta 6 testosterone enanthate was found.
3.png
1.png2.png4.png

1622195902523.png

So, is this a good possible explanation for why test e raws have been extra painful for the past year or so?

Too much delta 6 being created from a different recipe for the powder or bad ingredients or?

What would cause delta 6 test e to be present, especially in this high of a percentage?

Can that shit be isolated and removed?

So, is this a good possible explanation for why test e raws have been extra painful for the past year or so?
Possible, but I don't know.

Too much delta 6 being created from a different recipe for the powder or bad ingredients or?

What would cause delta 6 test e to be present, especially in this high of a percentage?
No idea. Not really my specialization.

Can that shit be isolated and removed?
Yes. If I was able to isolate it for the test then it can be isolated en masse too.
Is it worth it though? Probably not.

Well fuck eh!

Test-e is funny stuff. My supplier has good test-e, but if i brew it after it's been sitting a while, like when it melts and turns a brownish color the stuff is painful as all fucking hell!

@janoshik does this Delta 6 variance only exsist for test e raws? Like can this Delta 6 variant be found in any other form of testosterone derivate, such as Testosterone Cypionate?

I assume this is only happening for UGL produced raws and never allowed in a true pharmaceutical setting right?

This is some really fascinating, yet a disturbing discovery.

Last edited:
@janoshik does this Delta 6 variance only exsist for test e raws? Also, does this variance exsist in any other AAS powder such as Testosterone Cypionate?
Funny that you ask, just today I've detected that, what I also believe to be delta 6 variant, in test cyp raws when I ran the test out of my personal curiosity!
1622313032521.png
(ignore the autoassigned name for the impurity)

I mean, what else would Jano do over the weekend, right?

I assume this is only happening for UGL produced raws and never allowed for true pharmaceutical testosterone e right?
It IS allowed in pharmaceutical testosterones.

Eg. for test e at 0.3%.

1622313307970.png
1622313333934.png

Funny that you ask, just today I've detected that, what I also believe to be delta 6 variant, in test cyp raws when I ran the test out of my personal curiosity!
View attachment 147562
(ignore the autoassigned name for the impurity)

I mean, what else would Jano do over the weekend, right?

It IS allowed in pharmaceutical testosterones.

Eg. for test e at 0.3%.

View attachment 147563
View attachment 147564

Wow!! How much of the Delta 6 was found in the testosterone cypionate you just tested? Did I read its over 16% ?!?

Also, 0.3% is practically nothing right? I assume you will have more pip with the amount of Benzyl alcohol used than the actual amount of Delta 6 found in a pharmaceutical grade standard right?

Wow!! How much of the Delta 6 was found in the testosterone cypionate you just tested is it over 16% ?

Also, 0.3% is practically nothing right? I assume you will more pip in the amount of Benzyl alcohol used than the actual amount of Delta 6 found in a pharmaceutical grade standard right?
Well, the long run GCMS says 10%, which is kind of a brute approximation. Given the little difference between the compounds I'd say it might be within 10% margin of error (so about 9-11%).

0.3% is practically nothing. Way less than I detected in this one.

About the PIP... I, in fact, do NOT know if delta 6 causes PIP. It's just a speculation at this point. Maybe somebody here has enough time to scour the journals to see what they say about it, but it's quite possible we'll never know.

Well, the long run GCMS says 10%, which is kind of a brute approximation. Given the little difference between the compounds I'd say it might be within 10% margin of error (so about 9-11%).

0.3% is practically nothing. Way less than I detected in this one.

About the PIP... I, in fact, do NOT know if delta 6 causes PIP. It's just a speculation at this point. Maybe somebody here has enough time to scour the journals to see what they say about it, but it's quite possible we'll never know.

I see....

This is incredible stuff. My next question would be, does this delta 6 variant metabolizes any differently in the body, or exactly the same as its counterpart?

Thank you for this discovery.

I am always learning something new here on Meso.

I see.....

This is incredible stuff. My next question would be, does this delta 6 variant metabolizes any differently in the body, or exactly the same as its counterpart?

Thank you for this discovery.
Well, it's possible it metabolizes differently. I just can't find jack shit about it.

Also, depending on the method and ion choice, it might also influence LCMSMS bloodwork for testosterone - @arg69 and his experiences and messages actually popped that idea into my mind.

Jano, is this delta 6 impurity only something that you would pick up if you were specifically looking for it? I.e. if you were not looking for it, would it simply appear to be test e, and thus give an overestimate for the purity? Or would it always be recognized as an impurity?

From my experience if test e raws are exposed to heat or melt they end up pippy. I brew test e cold and it works every time.

Jano, is this delta 6 impurity only something that you would pick up if you were specifically looking for it? I.e. if you were not looking for it, would it simply appear to be test e, and thus give an overestimate for the purity? Or would it always be recognized as an impurity?
Well, it IS testosterone enanthate... :)

Needs specific test.

off the top of my head, yes it is
What would be the cost to run this test if someone sent u a sample with no pip to compare results? Would you be able to
Do this test from a finished oil or can the
Test only be done from raw powder? I think there are a lot of guys on here who would like to find the answer and know forsure.

What would be the cost to run this test if someone sent u a sample with no pip to compare results? Would you be able to
Do this test from a finished oil or can the
Test only be done from raw powder? I think there are a lot of guys on here who would like to find the answer and know forsure.
I don't have a price set on that test, I've done it out of my own curiosity.

It would be possible to do that out of the finished oil, but I'd prefer not to.
Raw material would be best.

For the sake of science I'd probably just charge the same I charge for the routine test. Had I charged the commercial amount for such test it'd be a lot more expensive.