Dante Trudel's Interview with Dan Duchaine on MESO - One of first interviews posted on MESO-Rx

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have a few interviews with Dan Duchaine. This is the first interview posted on MESO-Rx. It was reprinted (with permission) from the Hardcore Muscle newsletter:

Dante posted a backstory for this interview on his Insta:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwGayotDKt9/

Flashback: So circa mid 90's, I am driving over to Dan Duchaine's apartment (you local guys to me in San Diego, Dan lived off of Jefferson in Carlsbad), I see Dan out on the sidewalk down the street from his complex. I pull over and say "hey dan, whats up?" He gets in and wants a lift to the convenience store real quick before we go back to his apartment. He did two interviews for my Hardcore Muscle magazine already and we had gotten fairly friendly and sometimes just talked "bodybuilding stuff"....although Dan liked to talk way more about recumbant bikes and stereo speakers way more than he liked talking about bodybuilding stuff. I am driving, Dan was in the passenger seat. I pull away from a stop sign at Grand Ave in Carlsbad and I see this sedan coming the other way real slow and the guy goes past us looking really hard at both myself and Dan. I was kind of puzzled and Dan interjects "yea they follow me around time to time now to see what I am doing".....I was thinking "Jeez....what the hell have I gotten myself into here...this is serious business"..... Dan was quirky, a real different kind of cat. I will freely admit now I was kind of awestruck because I was an information junkee and alot of you older guys know this....he was the freaking man. I mean he was the guy bringing all the cutting edge information to the sport. He wasnt always right, but I will tell you this, he was right 85% of the time! In my opinion he did not know much about how to truly train (hard) to put on a great deal of muscle, and he did not know much about how to (progressively) eat to put on a great deal of muscle. But supplements, drugs, and especially the intricacies of how/why a compound would work in the human body...he could talk circles around people. Here is a gift for you below (CONTINUED BELOW)