• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Did inmate die from anabolic steroids and pot or beating/tasering by prison guards?

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Which is the most plausible scenario?

Stewart Peppers died from "hands on force" by prison guards (beating and tasering)?

OR

Stewart Peppers died from "excited delirium" caused by anabolic steroids (Deca Durabolin and testosterone) and marijuana?

The Peppers family believes the former. (They are suing for $21 million.)

The Washington County Medical Examiner, Sheriff's Office and District Attorney General Tony Clark are sticking to the latter story.

Source: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/114135/sheriff-to-announce-autopsy-results-from-washington-county-inmates-death (UPDATE: Autopsy results show Stewart Peppers misused steroids | Johnson City Press)

Re: Did inmate die from anabolic steroids and pot or beating/tasering by prison guard

Excited Delirium!!! Is this the 19th Century?

If they are so sure, they should have released the findings.

Unfortunately, this will not be the last case blamed on AAS that was due to police brutality.

Last edited:
Re: Did inmate die from anabolic steroids and pot or beating/tasering by prison guard

Unfortunately, this will not be the last case blamed on AAS that was due to police brutality.
Forgive me, but doesnt that sound like one of the ridiculous names originally given to the unique symptoms of WWI's "shell shock"?
Bloody fools! And I daresay much of the public will believe it without reservation!
Goose

Joe and Natasha Peppers, $21 million lawsuit against Sheriff's Department

Joe and Natasha Peppers accused the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, specifically Lieutenant Jason Lowe and Corrections Officers Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards, of beating their son to death.

From the Peppers' lawsuit:

“14. On April 29, 2013, Peppers was being housed, alone in a single cell, at which point, Peppers had become incensed and began shouting obscenities at the jail personnel that were present and on duty.

"15. At the point that Peppers was shouting obscenities at the jail personnel, Defendant Lowe, accompanied by Defendants Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards entered the cell occupied by the Peppers and began to beat Peppers.

"16. After the initial beating, Peppers was placed in and strapped to a restraint chair that prevented Peppers from being able to move, at which point, Defendant Lowe continued to beat Peppers, by striking him repeatedly in the face with his fists.

"17. Over the course of the beating, chemical spray and electrical tasers were implemented and used. The duration of this incident continued for approximately twenty minutes.

"18. At the conclusion of the beating, the Defendants laid Peppers on the floor and began to perform CPR that appeared to be unsuccessful. At which point, the Defendants called the Nurse, who in turned called for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).

"19. Prior to the arrival of the EMTs, the Defendants gathered together in a “huddle” in an attempt to review the events immediately preceding the call for EMTs. During the Defendants review of the events, laughter was heard coming from the Defendants.

"20. Upon information and belief, a video recording of this incident was captured by in house video surveillance system. The aforementioned video is or was in the custody and control of the Defendant Washington County, Tennessee and may have been seized by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation during the course of their investigation.

"21. Plaintiffs aver that their son died as a result of the injuries inflicted by Defendants Lowe, Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards. An autopsy on the Plaintiffs’ decedent (Peppers) has or is currently being conducted. The results of said autopsy are currently unavailable.

"22. Plaintiffs aver that course of conduct engaged in by the individual Defendants, is commonly practiced at the Washington County Jail in that the inmates that are housed at this facility are routinely beaten by corrections officers that work for the Washington County Sheriff’s Department."

Attachments

• peppers-steroids-cause-excited-delirium.pdf
    475.5 KB · Views: 3

21-year old NPC bodybuilder Stewart Peppers placed 2nd in the heavyweight division at the NPC Collegiate Nationals in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on July 20, 2012.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8nSahMe-WQ]Stewart Peppers, PumpingMuscle.com - YouTube[/ame]

Some of you guy's have been around. How many of you have seen with your own eyes somebody getting the shit kicked out of him for just mouthing off to a guard while in detention?

so many idiots out there... so many comments on that stories page are from people who just accept he died of delirium... 22yr old on steroids and pot is now the satan of america....our country is insane

I'm hoping the family is awarded. I'd see to it that charges against the guards would be levied to the fullest extent. Humans so emotionally predictable

I'm 99% positive you're not even supposed to tase and spray them at the same time. That shit is flammable !!

Some of you guy's have been around. How many of you have seen with your own eyes somebody getting the shit kicked out of him for just mouthing off to a guard while in detention?

I know a corrections officer and if you a) harm or kill an officer or fire fighter b) abuse or molest a child or infant and c) get aggressive or disrespectful with them your guaranteed a rough time during your stay one way or another.

Not necessarily by the officers either. They can, for example announce to the inmates how you molested a little child and the inmates will do the job for them.

This one jail also has a particularly cold room of stainless steel. They throw you in there naked. He told me the record before someone begged to be released was 24 minutes or something close.

I know a corrections officer and if you a) harm or kill an officer or fire fighter b) abuse or molest a child or infant and c) get aggressive or disrespectful with them your guaranteed a rough time during your stay one way or another.

Not necessarily by the officers either. They can, for example announce to the inmates how you molested a little child and the inmates will do the job for them.

This one jail also has a particularly cold room of stainless steel. They throw you in there naked. He told me the record before someone begged to be released was 24 minutes or something close.

Thanks Dealer. I know what your saying. Just threw that question out there to see how many people may believe a lot of these denials you read about in the press when someone ends up dead in custody. That's why I liked BBs suttle response.
I myself have seen it. That and a lot more.

Re: Joe and Natasha Peppers, $21 million lawsuit against Sheriff's Department

Joe and Natasha Peppers accused the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, specifically Lieutenant Jason Lowe and Corrections Officers Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards, of beating their son to death.

From the Peppers' lawsuit:

“14. On April 29, 2013, Peppers was being housed, alone in a single cell, at which point, Peppers had become incensed and began shouting obscenities at the jail personnel that were present and on duty.

"15. At the point that Peppers was shouting obscenities at the jail personnel, Defendant Lowe, accompanied by Defendants Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards entered the cell occupied by the Peppers and began to beat Peppers.

"16. After the initial beating, Peppers was placed in and strapped to a restraint chair that prevented Peppers from being able to move, at which point, Defendant Lowe continued to beat Peppers, by striking him repeatedly in the face with his fists.

"17. Over the course of the beating, chemical spray and electrical tasers were implemented and used. The duration of this incident continued for approximately twenty minutes.

"18. At the conclusion of the beating, the Defendants laid Peppers on the floor and began to perform CPR that appeared to be unsuccessful. At which point, the Defendants called the Nurse, who in turned called for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).

"19. Prior to the arrival of the EMTs, the Defendants gathered together in a “huddle” in an attempt to review the events immediately preceding the call for EMTs. During the Defendants review of the events, laughter was heard coming from the Defendants.

"20. Upon information and belief, a video recording of this incident was captured by in house video surveillance system. The aforementioned video is or was in the custody and control of the Defendant Washington County, Tennessee and may have been seized by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation during the course of their investigation.

"21. Plaintiffs aver that their son died as a result of the injuries inflicted by Defendants Lowe, Martin, Draper, Cornett, Garmin, and Richards. An autopsy on the Plaintiffs’ decedent (Peppers) has or is currently being conducted. The results of said autopsy are currently unavailable.

"22. Plaintiffs aver that course of conduct engaged in by the individual Defendants, is commonly practiced at the Washington County Jail in that the inmates that are housed at this facility are routinely beaten by corrections officers that work for the Washington County Sheriff’s Department."
Guys in jail yell at the guards all the day long, usually it's just ignored. I think the family has got a real good case for Excessive Force, and I hope they get more than $21 million. The guy was in Segregation, he was no threat to anyone..........................JP

cops dig beating a man when he cant fight back with any chance of victory. its pay back for all those years of abuse on the play ground. cowards to the inner most part of their being. you have to cuff them first. right piggy!