Dirts Brew log

dirt what about if I just cap it with a normal gl45 cap the media bottle and then when I need to move it into a vial I just open the cap, draw quickly into a big syringe and that's it? would that compromise sterility much if I don't use a cap with a stopper?

@narta
If the cap has been properly sterilized and has a silicone ring to make it airtight I see no problem

If the cap has been properly sterilized and has a silicone ring to make it airtight I see no problem
isn't the cap coming with the media bottle filter set of ks-tek already sterilized?
my issue is if when I open the media bottle to suck the oil out with the syringe during that time it can create some sterility issue.

isn't the cap coming with the media bottle filter set of ks-tek already sterilized?
Oh I thought about glass gl45 bottler. I wouldn't advise to store long term in the receiver flask being that they are plastic and there maybe a reaction with the solvents.

Oh I thought about glass gl45 bottler. I wouldn't advise to store long term in the receiver flask being that they are plastic and there maybe a reaction with the solvents.
ok so let's assume I filter it using the top bottle system it goes into the sterile plastic bottle and then I draw instantly after filtering everything into a sterile syringe of like 60ml and transfer it into sterile vial, would that be ok?

I just don't want to have to sterilize fucking caps etc but I don't want to risk that my oil that has just been sterilized to become not sterile anymore while I do the transfer process.

I'm making a fucking post with everything needed and where we can find it. So you guys can stop answering the same question every fucking time :(

I feel like an annoying mosquito

cheapest option but reliable for up to 500ml-1l I think

Opt for a oil free that doesn't need any maintenance. JoanLab has some good ones
What does it mean reliable up to 500ml-1l? That if I try to do more then that like 1.5l it will not be able to pull?

I ain't gonna do more then a 500ml probably ever so no big deal if I understood correctly.

What's the main difference between electrical or hand pump? I mean hand pump it's not like you gotta keep pumping right? You set and forget?

What does it mean reliable up to 500ml-1l? That if I try to do more then that like 1.5l it will not be able to pull?

I ain't gonna do more then a 500ml probably ever so no big deal if I understood correctly.

What's the main difference between electrical or hand pump? I mean hand pump it's not like you gotta keep pumping right? You set and forget?
the electrical pump can be fine tuned to pump at a certain rate aka holding pressure constant. With a hand pump you need to manually adjust that

If one needs to go bigger/faster he should opt for a capsule in-line filter and a peristaltic pump. Cheaper in the long run, all-in-one system with fewer moving parts and all self contained

Yes you have to give it a couple pumps every so often..

If one needs to go bigger/faster he should opt for a capsule in-line filter and a peristaltic pump. Cheaper in the long run, all-in-one system with fewer moving parts and all self contained
Will not need that, I'm not selling and just doing it for me and maybe one two friend, period but I'll check it out, like to see and learn new things

Anyone know of a higher quality gl45 Corning septa than the ptfe ones on Amazon/ebay? Those fuckers are so thick you can barely get a 21g through it. It really doesn’t seem like they are made to be pierced.

Back