Dirts Brew log

so do one need to sterilize the cap with stopper? or they come sterilized already? Looks expensive in the end, the PTFE bottle top are only 500ml :(

those are not sterile am I wrong? Do you need to sterilize it then?
If you find any already sterilized and single packed send a link please
Ive never seen any come sterilized.. I sosk mine in alcohol then wash them then pressure cooker. But I also filter again with a syringe filter when I transfer to a sterile vial.. most likely overkill. But that's my process. Tested approved.

Ive never seen any come sterilized.. I sosk mine in alcohol then wash them then pressure cooker. But I also filter again with a syringe filter when I transfer to a sterile vial.. most likely overkill. But that's my process. Tested approved.
so why do the bottle top, if you filter again with a syringe?
I would love to do the bottle top because it's so easy and fast but the whole sterilization of caps etc it's putting me off a bit xD

would these be a good start ? And then buy a handheld vacuum pump to speed things up and make process easier? Thanks for help gentlemen

Attachments

• IMG_0091.webp
    IMG_0091.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 14
so why do the bottle top, if you filter again with a syringe?
I would love to do the bottle top because it's so easy and fast but the whole sterilization of caps etc it's putting me off a bit xD
Well as I progress and trust my sterilization process of my media bottles and stoppers more I will drop the syringe filters.. I am currently running sterilization test on a product done both ways. Also I may not vial up a whole batch at one time I want the product sitting in the media bottle sterile. It's not that much more trouble or cost to filter it again when I put it in a vial. If I was doing it on a bigger scale.. yes it would ve to much.

Well as I progress and trust my sterilization process of my media bottles and stoppers more I will drop the syringe filters.. I am currently running sterilization test on a product done both ways. Also I may not vial up a whole batch at one time I want the product sitting in the media bottle sterile. It's not that much more trouble or cost to filter it again when I put it in a vial. If I was doing it on a bigger scale.. yes it would ve to much.
looking good in the profile picture brother! hard work is really paying off for you, what a transformation from your beginning ,,,,,

could you recommend a place to get that sort of setup with correct filters please? tia
same supplier you linked, just different product, btw they sell ptfe filter bottle top too, go on the pdvf filter and you should have a choice for ptfe but minimum 500ml

I can see PTFE filter 500ml

same supplier you linked, just different product, btw they sell ptfe filter bottle top too, go on the pdvf filter and you should have a choice for ptfe but minimum 500ml
yes i have located them on ali thanks brother,,,, i believe these are the correct ones?IMG_0092.webp

KS-TEK aliexpress nylon
dirt what about if I just cap it with a normal gl45 cap the media bottle and then when I need to move it into a vial I just open the cap, draw quickly into a big syringe and that's it? would that compromise sterility much if I don't use a cap with a stopper?

@narta

im gathering up my materials to start this homebrew hobby lol
freddie mercury GIF

:D

Back