Dirts Brew log

@Heavy Iron isn't you say a brake bleeder kit would work for a vacuum pump with a bottle top filter?
It works great! A little slow, but when I filter it's 500ml per filter and usually 1L batch. So smaller batches will be pretty quick. I just went to harbor freight and bought a couple kits. Give it a few pumps and it holds pressure for a while. I'd rather it be a little slower but more controlled. With a vacuum pump I feel like I have to babysit the shit out of it and feels chaotic sometimes.

Another method I thought of in the beginning when I was a newbie was buying a sterile media bottle. Use a bottle top filter and filter directly into that. Use 60-100ml sterile syringe with either a long ass needle or sterile surgical tube and suck up the whole 100ml batch at once. Then put into sealed sterile vials.

I have never once put a finished product in an oven. This literally provides zero benefit. This shit is easy to overthink. Anything the solution touches after it passes through a filter needs to be sterile and thats it. Here's some Tren E and Cyp. Enough heat to get it in solution and that's it. I only use MCT. Notice the Cyp has a slight color to it when in a large volume. But this is also due to the sweet nectar catching light and color from the surrounding room. When put in 10ml it's crystal clear.
View attachment 289582View attachment 289583View attachment 289584View attachment 289586View attachment 289587
This looks awesome.
The precision and neatness are remarkable.
Well done.
Love it

It works great! A little slow, but when I filter it's 500ml per filter and usually 1L batch. So smaller batches will be pretty quick. I just went to harbor freight and bought a couple kits. Give it a few pumps and it holds pressure for a while. I'd rather it be a little slower but more controlled. With a vacuum pump I feel like I have to babysit the shit out of it and feels chaotic sometimes.

Another method I thought of in the beginning when I was a newbie was buying a sterile media bottle. Use a bottle top filter and filter directly into that. Use 60-100ml sterile syringe with either a long ass needle or sterile surgical tube and suck up the whole 100ml batch at once. Then put into sealed sterile vials.
i bought some media bottles with open caps and silicon slips. i will probly have to sterilize them myself somehow. Trying another one now we shall see if the color remains

i bought some media bottles with open caps and silicon slips. i will probly have to sterilize them myself somehow. Trying another one now we shall see if the color remains

Autoclave machines seem to be cheap, but an actual brewer would be best to comment on those.

What psi do you aim for? At what.psi do you see blow outs usually?

I had a great idea...

Bottle top filter into gl45 media bottle (pre sterilized)

Put on butyl stopper for open face gl45 cap

Put vial adapter in butyl stopper

Pull from it with a 40-60ml syringe

Inject into sealed sterile vials

No laminar hood, no autoclave.

Sponsors

Latest posts