• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Does anyone use the same syringe?

I only use the same needle if I cannot pin more the 1 mL in the injection site and have 2 m L in there. I will just use 1 mL and then inject the other 1 mL using the same needle and syringe...

I am pretty lazy and not too bright sometimes but even i swap out a new needle in that instance.

Reuse syringes all the time crew here checking in; not to save money but to save the planet - seriously.

You younger guys have no idea how hard it was to acquire syringes back in the 70s and 80s...luckily I was able to make friends with a girl that worked at a pharmacy...I was able to buy 10 or so every few months...

While not advised,
syringes can be sterilized, especially those made out of metal and glass.

Check out some pre-plastic age medical books for guidelines.

Even if you don't share your syringes, airborne bacteria may feed on the small amounts of blood left on the pin after injecting.
So sterilization can't be skipped.

I wouldn't for the simple fact that the needle is dull as fuck at that point. They're not very robust, so you've got it going through a stopper, skin and muscle, then skin and muscle again.

Not the best way to minimize scar tissue.
I use a different one to go through stopper. So I would do a 22g for stopper then switch to my 25 g for 1-2 muscle inj. I dont ust the same one for everything.

I only do that with 25 g 1-2 muscles rarly when my muscle cant take 3mL without to much pip.

I am pretty lazy and not too bright sometimes but even i swap out a new needle in that instance.

Reuse syringes all the time crew here checking in; not to save money but to save the planet - seriously.
I can indeed easily change the needle, I have hundreds. I dont use the same with the stopper. I use one for stopper, then switch to small gauge for body....But with the same small gauge will pin two muscles 3 seconds apart. Left bicep then right bicep because I cant fit 3 mL in one bicep.