Effect of carrier oil viscosity on rate of absorption of esterified compounds

To what extent does the viscosity of the carrier oil determine the rate at which esterified compounds are absorbed? It is common to read 'the half life of testosterone enanthate is 4.5 days', but in practice that would surely be different when using a highly viscous oil (castor) versus a much less viscous oil (MCT).

By no means do I know anything but I wouldn't think viscosity effects anything more than fluid dynamics. As once in the muscle or fat the tissue that is directly in contact with the oil will absorb the compounds regardless.

I would guess it depends on what the chemical makeup of the oil that is causing it to be more or less viscous and if that interferes with the absorbtion of whatever compound. If there is no interference (which there shouldn't be hence using oils that don't as the carrier) it shouldn't matter.

In Andrology it says that the half-life of testosterone undecanoate is 21 days in tea tree oil and 34 days in castor oil, a substantial difference. They only give 4.5 days as the half-life of testosterone enanthate without referring to different oils. I don't know if this is an oversight or if they actually tested this and concluded that the difference is negligible.

A plausible mechanism would be that very viscous oils tend to stay as a depot at or near the site of injection for a longer time, instead of spreading out, and would therefore offer a smaller surface area for absorption.

In Andrology it says that the half-life of testosterone undecanoate is 21 days in tea tree oil and 34 days in castor oil, a substantial difference. They only give 4.5 days as the half-life of testosterone enanthate without referring to different oils. I don't know if this is an oversight or if they actually tested this and concluded that the difference is negligible.

A plausible mechanism would be that very viscous oils tend to stay as a depot at or near the site of injection for a longer time, instead of spreading out, and would therefore offer a smaller surface area for absorption.
Hmmm yeah thinking about it more, its possible if the body does not absorb the oil quickly the test never has a chance to get into contact with cells to be used. But not sure thats the same thing as the viscosity being different.

Yes I suppose you are right. In my mind, viscosity is the primary determinant for the rate at which an oil droplet tends to spread out under the influence of gravity, but it would not be the sole determining factor in a biological system.

It plays a major role as the individual levels of lipase. One can find out only with trial and error

Bolus size also plays a role here (a viscous 3ml bolus in the middle of your flesh simply isn't exposing the hormone to bloodborne esterase at anything like the rate a 0.5ml bolus of very thin oil is) but frankly you are never going to get to the co-efficients at work.

It is nothing worth worrying over.

Guarantee any differences in absorption are well and truly offset by shortcomings in training, recovery, diet etc... None of us are going to be out training AAS effects because of oil thickness, bolus size, injection temp etc...

Thanks for the replies. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is worried that injecting test cypionate in MCT oil twice a week would not lead to stable levels for TRT purposes (the friend is not me, I am blasting and inject daily anyway). He refers to this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6uF5nDkeU&ab_channel=VigorousSteve
where Vig. Steve recommends daily administration with MCT oil (any ester) and I am not sure how accurate this is.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is worried that injecting test cypionate in MCT oil twice a week would not lead to stable levels for TRT purposes (the friend is not me, I am blasting and inject daily anyway). He refers to this video
where Vig. Steve recommends daily administration with MCT oil (any ester) and I am not sure how accurate this is.

This is the scenario:

Take literally ANY ester of Test... say something crazy like 2000mg per week of Test E (because why not) and divide into twice a week dosing (E3.5D) and you get release spikes and troughs that range like so:

1687463829093.png

To save eye strain the stable peaks hit ~258 mg/day max and the trough is ~162 mg/day release.

Change absolutely nothing but dividing the does in 7 so you are injecting ED and:

1687463965621.png

Peak level is 216 mg/day trough is 199mg/day.

Both are "stable" but injecting ANY ester ED vice E3.5D will always "smooth the peak to trough ratio.

The main thing it comes down to is compliance.

Do you want to dick around every damn day while trying to decide if you have 0.1875125 (or whatever) ml of oil in the syringe? If you want to, will you?

The answer to those 2 joint questions tend to be what decides dosing frequency for most folks.

I don’t know if this is the optimal way to think about it, but it’s my rationale:

I don’t care whether oil affects viscosity. I can achieve blood stability with frequent injections. When it comes to oil, I’m almost exclusively concerned with inflammation. Viscosity only matters to me if I have to push tons of volume, and even then, I’m more concerned about how I’ll react to the volume than how easy it is to pin.

It may be a really important consideration in some fringe circumstance, but it’d be an exercise in creativity to think of it.

I would just advise him to do EOD injections.