Steroid Profile Equipoise

MESO-Rx Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I want to use this opportunity to high MESO-Rx's Equipoise Profile written by Bill Roberts.

@Bill Roberts doesn't see it as a "first call" steroid although he does find ways that it could be useful. For example:

"Boldenone might be used in a couple of interesting ways, for example in combination with trenbolone to allow a lower dose of trenbolone while retaining similar anabolic effect and providing a needed amount of aromatizing steroid. It might also combined with Masteron or Primobolan, instead of testosterone, in self-prescribed HRT. The advantage would be reduced production of DHT. However, these uses have yet to be much explored."

Let us know what you think of the article. Please share your experiences with Equipoise, either alone or in combination with other compounds and/or other specific use cases.

did i read that right? Combining EQ and Mast can reduce DHT?
I’ll take a stab at that... Something like 10% of testosterone is converted to DHT. By using EQ *rather* than exogenous Test (at supraphysical levels) you would expect to see less T converted to DHT.

Last edited:
I want to use this opportunity to high MESO-Rx's Equipoise Profile written by Bill Roberts.

@Bill Roberts doesn't see it as a "first call" steroid although he does find ways that it could be useful. For example:

Let us know what you think of the article. Please share your experiences with Equipoise, either alone or in combination with other compounds and/or other specific use cases.

Always good info. Do you plan to provide other AAS spotlights in the future? Thanks

I’ll take a stab at that... Something like 10% of testosterone is converted to DHT. By using EQ *rather* than exogenous Test (at supraphysical levels) you would expect to see less T converted to DHT.
Equipoise does not directly reduce DHT. Neither does Masteron. They indirectly reduce DHT proportionate with the degree to which they suppress the endogenous or natural production of testosterone.

Equipoise is only weakly potentiated by the 5α-reductase and much less so than testosterone. Masteron is not converted to DHT at all.

The net result of an Equipoise+Masteron stack is lower DHT levels.

However, this is only true if you don't include any other AAS that are converted to DHT.

I don't understand what the advantage of reduced production of DHT would be, exactly.
The idea is that reducing DHT will help with skin/hair loss problems.

But as you probably know, reducing DHT too much can result in serious problems too.

For one , there is the role of DHT in libido / sexual function.

Also, DHT offers some antagonism to estrogen.

People want to find that Goldilocks balance -- not too high, not too low, but just right! :D

The idea is that reducing DHT will help with skin/hair loss problems.

But as you probably know, reducing DHT too much can result in serious problems too.

For one , there is the role of DHT in libido / sexual function.

Also, DHT offers some antagonism to estrogen.

People want to find that Goldilocks balance -- not too high, not too low, but just right! :D

It did not make sense to me mostly because suggesting to lower DHT by administration of (also) drostanolone keeps the same receptors occupied - therefore maintaining status quo or worse.

In which case the good old medical practice - less is better would apply.

Cool drug.
Good for once per week injection due to the half life. Ideal for hiding your drug use,if you are that type.

Much conflicting information regarding its acting as an AI.

Volume of oil is an issue when buying ugl EQ.
Usually sold as 200mg/ml.
Recently I've seen some UGLs selling it at 300-400-500mg/ml.

It is liquid in room temperature but thick.

It is a ridiculously cheap raw in general.

Can be brewed at 650mg/ml.
It has no pip at 650mg/ml.
Confirmed by many people,me too.
This is due to the fact that it's already liquid in room temperature.

Theoretically you could pin it raw after filtering with a 18g needle. It is thick.

650mg/ml requires a 25g needle at best.
23g needle is ideal.

20%BB
2% BA
Rest is carrier. The thinner the better for this one. EO is what I use for everything, but particularily for EQ, I highly suggest it.

It raises RBC/HCT. Might need to donate blood.
Or therapeutic phlebotomy.
Frequency is relevant. This is definitely a drug that needs to be monitored with bloodwork to determine when and if you need to draw blood.

I hear it has a little to no effect on hairline,for most people.

I have heard some stuff about anxiety too. I had no issue.
Therefore E2 should be monitored also,as this could be the cause.

Some people need to dose it high. I have heard of stupid dosages. Some people do fine with low dosages as well.

I've gathered that it's sort of safe for the prostate. Take this with a grain of salt.

Dosages range from 400mg per week to "ridiculous". I won't mention what I've heard regarding what the upper range is.

Generally a mild drug with an effect on kidneys due to erythropoiesis. May be mild...or not.

Takes time to saturate due to the half life.
Some people frontload.

I have heard people running it from 12 to 20 weeks.

Use steroidplotter.com to plan.

20210306_131957.jpg

It's for horses, by default.

Last edited:
Equipoise does not directly reduce DHT. Neither does Masteron. They indirectly reduce DHT proportionate with the degree to which they suppress the endogenous or natural production of testosterone.

Equipoise is only weakly potentiated by the 5α-reductase and much less so than testosterone. Masteron is not converted to DHT at all.

The net result of an Equipoise+Masteron stack is lower DHT levels.

However, this is only true if you don't include any other AAS that are converted to DHT.
Thank You for clarifying.
That is interesting.
Really good info on there.

The only thing is that boldenone converts to e1 not e2 which is more active and potent. This I think limits its abilities because you have to run high doses for good anabolic effects so its ability to stack is limited. On the other hand, it has good strength gains and equal or superior connective tissue positive effects to deca and low water retention. I probably wont use it anymore because I did get anxiety effects from it and i used bold cyp which im pretty sure is fake sometimes and the undec ester is too long imo. It does have a mild effect as a AI. I am a low aromatizer and my levels were at a all time low with bold and have never been that low again with other compounds. I do not use AIs. Besides I really love nandrolone now because it made me feel euphoric at times and super horny. And it does convert to a form of e2 which is great because I aromatize low and benifit from the extra e2 kick. I did really like how bold didnt cause a ton of hypertrophy because i dont train hypertrophy much.

Good post

One of the few compounds I've never run and dont see myself running in the future.

I prefer shorter blasts and the shorter runs wouldnt really do justice to the slow and clea. gsins of EQ.

I also get minor BP issues, so I dont have to watch for HCT/RBC for my entire blast either.

Its a great compound that definitely has it's time and place, just not for me personally.

Good post

One of the few compounds I've never run and dont see myself running in the future.

I prefer shorter blasts and the shorter runs wouldnt really do justice to the slow and clea. gsins of EQ.

I also get minor BP issues, so I dont have to watch for HCT/RBC for my entire blast either.

Its a great compound that definitely has it's time and place, just not for me personally.
I have run my share of EQ over the years. Good for clean steady gains on a long cycle. Oil volume required gets tiresome but you can use high concentration product these days to lessen the injection volume. Overall I prefer other compounds over EQ. Deca, NPP or Primo get the job done more efficiently for me.
EQ did increase appetite and muscle quality but the cycle length and required volume get to be too much after a while.

@Millard - I really like these compound spotlights, keep doing them! It's cool to see some of the older articles too... Although, I'll admit, I was always a little iffy on some of Bill's cycling ideas.

I was on a private board years ago that had threads dedicated to different compounds and people would use them for general questions... Kind of similar to the DNP thread we have here. I think they were all stickied as "(compound XX) experiences thread", I think these spotlights might do well to be stickied too. I think it would help traffic on the board with content like that, give some new guys an easy way to learn about compound experiences and ask questions without having to figure out posting a thread and such.

It did not make sense to me mostly because suggesting to lower DHT by administration of (also) drostanolone keeps the same receptors occupied - therefore maintaining status quo or worse.

In which case the good old medical practice - less is better would apply.
It would be cool if I could get @Bill Roberts to join us for a few days to expound on it himself.

I think the rationale makes sense if you consider that he was speculating about potential AAS combinations in the context of HRT:

"[Equipoise] might also combined with Masteron or Primobolan, instead of testosterone, in self-prescribed HRT"

So, for example, the DHT levels of the following would be lower than 100mg test e per week:

100mg EQ
50mg EQ + 50mg Masteron
50mg EQ + 50mg Primobolan

I don't think many people thought it was worth trying because, honestly, it's hard for most to go wrong with 100mg weekly test e or c for HRT.

More have used this info to experiment with non-testosterone based cycles.

See also

@Millard - I really like these compound spotlights, keep doing them! It's cool to see some of the older articles too... Although, I'll admit, I was always a little iffy on some of Bill's cycling ideas.

I was on a private board years ago that had threads dedicated to different compounds and people would use them for general questions... Kind of similar to the DNP thread we have here. I think they were all stickied as "(compound XX) experiences thread", I think these spotlights might do well to be stickied too. I think it would help traffic on the board with content like that, give some new guys an easy way to learn about compound experiences and ask questions without having to figure out posting a thread and such.
I'm glad you like them. I will keep doing them :)

After the first 10 or so, I think setting up a dedicated subforum for them would provide a good resource for sharing/learning about user experiences with each compound

It would be cool if I could get @Bill Roberts to join us for a few days to expound on it himself.

I think the rationale makes sense if you consider that he was speculating about potential AAS combinations in the context of HRT:

"[Equipoise] might also combined with Masteron or Primobolan, instead of testosterone, in self-prescribed HRT"

So, for example, the DHT levels of the following would be lower than 100mg test e per week:

100mg EQ
50mg EQ + 50mg Masteron
50mg EQ + 50mg Primobolan

I don't think many people thought it was worth trying because, honestly, it's hard for most to go wrong with 100mg weekly test e or c for HRT.

More have used this info to experiment with non-testosterone based cycles.

See also

No one can say Bill Robert's doesnt think outside the box lol.
Hes had some solid advice.. and not so solid imp
But he does push the needle forward and I've adopted a few of his cycle plans for myself.

No one can say Bill Robert's doesnt think outside the box lol.
Hes had some solid advice.. and not so solid imp
But he does push the needle forward and I've adopted a few of his cycle plans for myself.
Knowing and reading Bill Roberts for, let's just say 'a very long time', your comment makes me smile.

Believe it or not, there was a time when many people said Bill didn't think outside the box enough! Sure he always provided solid info, corrected misguided bro-science, and introduced little-known nuggets of pharmaceutical knowledge that had a major impact on patterns of AAS use.

Many thought he was being too conservative with his advice and sticking to things that he felt were well-supported by science. To be fair, Bill was compared and contrasted with Dan Duchaine who was defined by his outside-the-box thinking and his lack of fear about being proven wrong.

Bill eventually started pushing the envelope in his own way. Two things that really interested him were understanding/explaining/maximizing the synergy with different steroid stacking combinations and also creating the safest possible AAS protocols.

The latter interest was seen in his efforts to promote HPT recovery and side effect management. I think his greatest impact was in this regard for the bodybuilding community in the early days of the internet. I don't think he receives the recognition he deserves for this anymore.

His interest in safe(r) steroid use also led to creation of the 2-week on / 2-week off program. I think it has often been unfairly dismissed because critics did not understand its stated goal or its intended audience.

Bill's interest in synergy led to his proposal of the class I / class II system for stacking. It may not have been perfect but was a good attempt to maximize genomic and non-genomic AAS actions among other things.

Sorry for the tangent, I just thought I'd share my history and perspective on the matter.

Knowing and reading Bill Roberts for, let's just say 'a very long time', your comment makes me smile.

Believe it or not, there was a time when many people said Bill didn't think outside the box enough! Sure he always provided solid info, corrected misguided bro-science, and introduced little-known nuggets of pharmaceutical knowledge that had a major impact on patterns of AAS use.

Many thought he was being too conservative with his advice and sticking to things that he felt were well-supported by science. To be fair, Bill was compared and contrasted with Dan Duchaine who was defined by his outside-the-box thinking and his lack of fear about being proven wrong.

Bill eventually started pushing the envelope in his own way. Two things that really interested him were understanding/explaining/maximizing the synergy with different steroid stacking combinations and also creating the safest possible AAS protocols.

The latter interest was seen in his efforts to promote HPT recovery and side effect management. I think his greatest impact was in this regard for bodybuilding community in the early days of the internet. I don't think he receives the recognition he deserves for this anymore.

His interest in safe(r) steroid use also led to creation of the 2-week on / 2-week off program. I think it has often been unfairly dismissed because critics did not understand its stated goal or its intended audience.

Bill's interest in synergy led to his proposal of the class I / class II system for stacking. It may not have been perfect but was a good attempt to maximize genomic and non-genomic AAS actions among other things.

Sorry for the tangent, I just thought I'd share my history and perspective on the matter.

I like a lot of his ideas.
When I say "Outside the box"
I'm referring to him saying things like "Tren ace for 4 weeks is a great first cycle for first timers"

At first glance... I thought... wtf...no way that's insane.
Then you start reviewing the information
Low Test, for lack of E2 and therefor lack of prolactin build up.. check...
4 weeks only, where sides start hitting g typically on week 5... check.
Short ester for fast clearance... check.

So it seems like a wacky idea, but when you look into the EXECUTION of it.. it actually makes sense.

So I can agree when you say hes not really outside the box.. but at first glance, his ideas are a bit wild sometimes.
At the same first.glance... a newbie tren run is 100% outside the box... but not really when you sink into his information.

Luckily I had @Oldschool to help me wrap my little pea brain around it lol.

I'm going to have to read through this, but how the fuck is that possible. I definitely will read all of this. Most people seem to hate EQ and others say you have to take at least 600 to 900 mg a week for months before you notice anything. Others say the opposite.