First Cycle, Test E

I am not trying to be mean but just being honest with you.
1.Your age is part of the problem in two seperate ways.
2.How do you know you have very low test levels???
3.Are you weak during the day from not eating enough,from a medical condition,or from lack of sleep??
4.If you are really pushing your body to the limit then how do you re fuel it?
5.You have a hard time benching and curling because you have basically no experience in the gym from what I have read in your post.
6.Weight lifting/body building is a marathon..not a sprint..it literally takes years and years of training and diet to reach your full potential.
7.Your genetics are not what is keeping you from gaining..the problem is in your head.
8.You have self diagnosed yourself with having low test level.
If you will stay on MESO there are many of us who will help you.

I eat a surplus of calories, 3500, all clean food. 40/40/20 ratio. I get 8-10 hours of sleep. I use creatine green bulge and NO xplode pre-workout and a cyto-carb + whey protein post workout. I take OptiMEN mutlivitamins, fish oil, flax seed. I am not trying to be rude or naive, I am taking in all the advice given and I am not blowing off advice. It is just discouraging to push myself every workout only failing to progressively overload or build muscle. I have changed my workout routine about 5 different times. This question might sound naive or stupid, but why do I need a good base before a cycle?

New to these forums. I am thinking about starting a 10 week cycle of Test E

Weeks 1-10 Test E, 500mg (250mg twice a week)
Week 11 Off
Week 12 PCT

I am unsure about which PCT I should take. Clomid, Nolvadex, or Arimidex. I have heard to take Nolva and Clomid Post cycle. Should I take Arimidex during the cycle of just leave it out of the equation? I want to reduce the risk of gyno but I hear that some estrogen is good for your mass building.

Also, should I add some deca with the Test or just stick with the Test E for my first time?

Is there a risk of hair loss on a cycle like this?

The cycle reminds me of what is now called the classical article definitely demonstrating that anabolic steroids by themselves increase muscle mass and muscle strength. The anabolic steroid used was testosterone cypionate alone (600 mg/week). The trial length was 10 weeks! Since this is so close to what you plan on using, I thought you might want to familiarize yourself with the article details (download).

There are many things to discuss, but I wish to only point out one in an early post for this thread. That is the suggestion for when to begin PCT. It is not too wise to begin 2 weeks after the last injection. Testosterone enanthate (half-life 10-14 days) will accumulate more than cypionate (half-life 7-10 days) leading to a serum testosterone level around 7,000-10,000 ng/dL. The level of testosterone in the study a 1 week after the last injection was around 3,000 ng/dL. At these levels, PCT needs to be more carefully planned.

Bhasin S, Storer TW, Berman N, et al. The Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Muscle Size and Strength in Normal Men. N Engl J Med 1996;335(1):1-7.

Background Athletes often take androgenic steroids in an attempt to increase their strength. The efficacy of these substances for this purpose is unsubstantiated, however. Methods We randomly assigned 43 normal men to one of four groups: placebo with no exercise, testosterone with no exercise, placebo plus exercise, and testosterone plus exercise. The men received injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate or placebo weekly for 10 weeks. The men in the exercise groups performed standardized weight-lifting exercises three times weekly. Before and after the treatment period, fat-free mass was determined by underwater weighing, muscle size was measured by magnetic resonance imaging, and the strength of the arms and legs was assessed by bench-press and squatting exercises, respectively. Results Among the men in the no-exercise groups, those given testosterone had greater increases than those given placebo in muscle size in their arms (mean [{+/-}SE] change in triceps area, 424{+/-}104 vs. -81{+/-}109 mm2; P<0.05) and legs (change in quadriceps area, 607{+/-}123 vs. -131{+/-}111 mm2; P<0.05) and greater increases in strength in the bench-press (9{+/-}4 vs. -1{+/-}1 kg, P<0.05) and squatting exercises (16{+/-}4 vs. 3{+/-}1 kg, P<0.05). The men assigned to testosterone and exercise had greater increases in fat-free mass (6.1{+/-}0.6 kg) and muscle size (triceps area, 501{+/-}104 mm2; quadriceps area, 1174{+/-}91 mm2) than those assigned to either no-exercise group, and greater increases in muscle strength (bench-press strength, 22{+/-}2 kg; squatting-exercise capacity, 38{+/-}4 kg) than either no-exercise group. Neither mood nor behavior was altered in any group. Conclusions Supraphysiologic doses of testosterone, especially when combined with strength training, increase fat-free mass and muscle size and strength in normal men.

Attachments

I eat a surplus of calories, 3500, all clean food. 40/40/20 ratio. I get 8-10 hours of sleep. I use creatine green bulge and NO xplode pre-workout and a cyto-carb + whey protein post workout. I take OptiMEN mutlivitamins, fish oil, flax seed. I am not trying to be rude or naive, I am taking in all the advice given and I am not blowing off advice. It is just discouraging to push myself every workout only failing to progressively overload or build muscle. I have changed my workout routine about 5 different times. This question might sound naive or stupid, but why do I need a good base before a cycle?

No that's not a stupid question. As you gain muscle from lifting, you also strengthen your tendons. It's just like running. You have to start small, and work your way up to long distances, not just to increase endurance, but to let your body adapt to the "pounding" it takes from running. When you get going on a cycle, you'll have a dramatic increase in strength. You'll be tempted to push the envelope every time you work out. If the rest of your body isn't ready, you're asking for an injury. Also, there's the issue of body fat. This is pure aesthetics. 190, 17% is a little hefty. When bulking, you will always gain at least a little fat as well as muscle. That's why I suggested to get you bodyfat a little lower first.

Now that article you referenced in the other thread about keeping gains. It's called SENSATIONALISM!! Do you really believe the guy happened to get every possible side effect / problem? I really like the way he woke up in the middle of his cycle and had the cromagnum forehead even though HGH wasn't even part of his cycle! If he was eating that much nolva how did he even get gyno? His balls shrunk even though he was on HCG? I like the way he doesn't go into any specifics about his pct, quits training post cycle, lets his diet go to shit, and then complains about losing his gains. Also, the "after" picture was really taken well before his cycle even started. I've read about him before. He was in shape from boxing, then let himself go before starting the cycle. You think he was a fat ass, gained 35 pounds from a cycle and is all of a sudden cut up? That article just feeds on every stereotype people have about steroids.

/ End Rant

"Why do I need a good base before a cycle" ?
Because..once you have learned to build a good base you will know what it took to get there.Knowing what it took to get there will allow you to grow even larger while on your first cycle.In short,you dont know how to grow yet..so if you get on anabolics now you will not grow much and lose everything during pct.

Alright, thanks for the information guys. That's good advice. I would like to gain without starting a cycle if I could, I just don't know what the issue is. I know it's not my diet, because I am eating a surplus of calories and adequate amounts of carbs and protein. I think the issue lies more with the fact that I am lacking the strength. It has taken me 6 months to accomplish being able to bench 120lb (I was benching 60 when I started) and that's no great feat for most. I am thinking about getting on the Layne Norton workout routine. I read somewhere that Layne Norton suggests a 6 week bulk, followed by a 2 week cut alternation. What are your thoughts on that?

Alright, thanks for the information guys. That's good advice. I would like to gain without starting a cycle if I could, I just don't know what the issue is. I know it's not my diet, because I am eating a surplus of calories and adequate amounts of carbs and protein. I think the issue lies more with the fact that I am lacking the strength. It has taken me 6 months to accomplish being able to bench 120lb (I was benching 60 when I started) and that's no great feat for most. I am thinking about getting on the Layne Norton workout routine. I read somewhere that Layne Norton suggests a 6 week bulk, followed by a 2 week cut alternation. What are your thoughts on that?
In a nut shell if you have stopped gaining weight then you are not eating enough to supply your body with fuel from the exertion you have put it through.a. Eat more.B.Exercise less..it's one of the two.Now,you have doubled your bench in 6 months !!!! That is freaking AWESOME.!!!.You are doing something right bro for sure.None of us on here can do that in that amount of time.

Back