Flush/red face ...veteran/expert advise please!

Overlander

I did a full cycle of test prop only about a year and a half ago and it went well. However, I had to end the cycle at about 8 weeks, as I started getting really flush (red). I dropped my levels too about 350mg/wk and the flush went away.

I used an AI about two weeks into the cycle, as I got a little gyno feeling. However, discontinued taking ai after two weeks when it killed my erections big time. After discontinuing Ai, my gyno never returned and I still don't use any today.

After the 8 weeks, I decided to stay at the ~300mg/wk level and cruise (I know some people will not condone this)...but I had low natural T levels for years prior, but not low enough to get my primary care doctor to perscribe trt. I am not going to live my life with low T....

As I was saying, I dosed at that 300/wk level of test prop for a year and a half and felt great. However, if I increased my weekly dosage even marginally, I would get red in the face and people ask if I got a sunburn. Its important to note: when I am flush, my BP is reasonable and I feel good. However, acute stress will increase the redness above the baseline redness, but not push my BP to a dangerous level.

This sucks and I want to blast again, but I get red face to the point that it causes negative attention:(

I am thinking of going to test E instead of prop. Also, could it be related to not taking an ai? ...and no, I don't have blood work data:/

What's the deal? I can't imagine that I am the only guy that experiences this?

Thanks

Are you a ginger? Haha sorry.. Otherwise i have nothing useful to add. If there isnt any negative feeling it could just be anything like those people who's faces get red splotches with cardio. Or like the redness from niacin.. Nothing wrong with it, just causes unwanted attention.

Are you a ginger? Haha sorry.. Otherwise i have nothing useful to add. If there isnt any negative feeling it could just be anything like those people whose faces get red splotches with cardio. Or like the redness from niacin.. Nothing wrong with it, just causes unwanted attention.
Thanks for the post...Good question, but not a ginger. I am fairly white (obviously) but have dark brown hair and and tan very well. I get red when really embarrassed, but otherwise don't really have much of a red pigment to my completion, as some blond/gingers do. Therefore, it's very uncharacteristic for me to be red. ...Also, this phenomenon is not limited to only my face, but it's mostly above the neck.

Lastly, if I were a ginger I wouldn't need juice.....as I would have ginger power!

Thanks

I get flushed when I get over a gram a week.

Other things would be bp (which you have eliminated, disregard obviously), and hematocrit.

I just saw @CeymoreButtz comment in another thread that he experiences the flushing when e2 is out of range. He may be along to shed more light if he has time. Come to think of it, that may be my issue with high dose too. I felt like I had things in range, but no bloods to verify at that dose, so no telling.

But you'll want to get bloods to verify what's going on if you want resolution without guessing.

Other things would be bp (which you have eliminated, disregard obviously), and hematocrit.

I just saw @CeymoreButtz comment in another thread that he experiences the flushing when e2 is out of range. He may be along to shed more light if he has time. Come to think of it, that may be my issue with high dose too. I felt like I had things in range, but no bloods to verify at that dose, so no telling.

But you'll want to get bloods to verify what's going on if you want resolution without guessing.
Thanks for the post... I do donate blood regularly, so I think that's ok.

However, my E2 could very well be out of control. I need to try a different AI, as I was taking arimidex and I bet it slamed my E2 to nothing. Maybe I would benefit from nolva or clomid instead..idk.

I need to get labs, but I don't really know where to get them without my doc referring me and I have only seen super expensive options online.

Sometimes in a hot shower (on cycle) i suddenly feel a tingling in my scalp then on my chest.. And ill start itching and get red patches. When i was younger i dealt with hives so i have willpower not to scratch now, but until u posted about getting red i thought nothing of it.

Labsmd female hormone panel is what i get. But yeah at $70 a pop can get pricey.. But much better than letting my doc see the numbers.

Labsmd female hormone panel is what i get. But yeah at $70 a pop can get pricey.. But much better than letting my doc see the numbers.
True...so it's like 70 for female panel and 92 for male panel... I guess ill get my prop intake stable for a few wks (I have been playing with different UGLs) and just get full labs done before I switch from prop to enth.

Long term plan is to cruze on enth and blast with prop on rare occasion. But need to get my chemistry/ red face figured out.

When I have noticed redness in my face it has almost always related to my elevated e2. Once that was in check it subsided. That is my personal experience.

Typically once I go over 500mg/week, my estrogen elevates out of range. I won't have any gyno related sides, but the labs always show the elevated estrogen. I get flushed, BP goes up and I retain more water. Elevated B/P can be attributed to the water retention.

Gyno symptoms are typically how a guy would gauge his E2, this is not a good idea. Once a guy gets his own body tendencies down, it actually becomes quite systematic balancing the Test/E2 levels. The labs dictate the adjustments.

CB

Typically once I go over 500mg/week, my estrogen elevates out of range. I won't have any gyno related sides, but the labs always show the elevated estrogen. I get flushed, BP goes up and I retain more water. Elevated B/P can be attributed to the water retention.

Gyno symptoms are typically how a guy would gauge his E2, this is not a good idea. Once a guy gets his own body tendencies down, it actually becomes quite systematic balancing the Test/E2 levels. The labs dictate the adjustments.

CB
This makes perfect sense. E2 lab it is...

Thanks

why do you want to use prop with so much pinning ?
It's what I started on and got used to it. Plus, I wanted to keep bloat down and wanted to play with my levels when I want. If I changed and input I get a different output in a few days..It's nice to have control.

However, my next order will new enth maybe even cyp....still using prop when I want to rise above my "baseline" cruse levels.

Frequent pinning sucks, but it only takes two minutes and becomes party of my routine. Scar tissue could be a long term concern though. Fortunately, I rock a 25g in the glutes...not too bad.

Do you always use the same lab? Could be a reaction to the carrier oil
I have not used the same lab and it has occurred across at least two labs.... but it still could be a factor. I don't know enough about what each labs use for oil and if it differs at all...something to consider.

High E2 commonly causes a flushed face.

Sorry, to answer your question -

Changing the test ester (prop to enan) won't change the flushed face. It might delay it, as enan takes longer to be absorbed. You need to be taking an AI.

Can you get some bloods? If not, general rule of thumb is start your AI at 500mg's/week of test and above (this isn't set in stone, just a general rule).

Sorry, to answer your question -

Changing the test ester (prop to enan) won't change the flushed face. It might delay it, as enan takes longer to be absorbed. You need to be taking an AI.

Can you get some bloods? If not, general rule of thumb is start your AI at 500mg's/week of test and above (this isn't set in stone, just a general rule).
Thank you. Yes, I would have overlapped the enth and prop to ensure consistent levels, based on half life...so it would prob not change.

I will get bloods in the next few weeks.... it would seem the consensus is high E2 as a result of no AI. What is the best AI to not kill libido and weaken wood? I have arimidex on hand for gyno emergency, but even .25 mg gives me AI sides. So, I presume I am AI sensitive.

Nolva seems to be the staple...But what about clomid? I would like to start weak and work my way strong as far a AIs.

Thank you. Yes, I would have overlapped the enth and prop to ensure consistent levels, based on half life...so it would prob not change.

I will get bloods in the next few weeks.... it would seem the consensus is high E2 as a result of no AI. What is the best AI to not kill libido and weaken wood? I have arimidex on hand for gyno emergency, but even .25 mg gives me AI sides. So, I presume I am AI sensitive.

Nolva seems to be the staple...But what about clomid? I would like to start weak and work my way strong as far a AIs.

No clomid, I would stick with adex.

Aromasin would be another option if you really can't do adex. It's easier to dose for some.

Clomid and nolva are SERMs, not AI. They'll block estrogen at breast tissue and other sites, but they won't completely control it or fix the underlying problem.

Sponsors

Latest posts