• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Food to get Big

hardgainer09

Hey guys, i am trying to get stronger in all my lifts as well as get bigger and i know eating a ton of calories is key. i am 5'8" and currently weigh 180lb. i have a really high metabolism and i feel like i eat and eat sometimes but can't gain anymore. i used to take steroids but i don't wanna do that anymore. do any of you have some good ideas on what i should eat and how often in a given day?

do a search bro.....this question has been answered like a cazillion times at a cazillion different boards...:cool:

Hey guys, i am trying to get stronger in all my lifts as well as get bigger and i know eating a ton of calories is key. i am 5'8" and currently weigh 180lb. i have a really high metabolism and i feel like i eat and eat sometimes but can't gain anymore. i used to take steroids but i don't wanna do that anymore. do any of you have some good ideas on what i should eat and how often in a given day?
You should eat every 3 hours all day..starting first thing in the AM and last thing before you crash in bed.target 250 grams protien daily,4000 plus cals daily

well i'll see what i can do. 4,000cal seems like alot but if i can do that and eventualy see some results, i'll be totally satisfied

well i'll see what i can do. 4,000cal seems like alot but if i can do that and eventualy see some results, i'll be totally satisfied
You should take time now to record everything you eat for the next few days and add up the cals..just basic cals..you most likely are not getting anywhere near enough to grow on.When you consume more cals than you burn then you gain..simple huh ? I am sitting here now in front of computer with large jiff peanut butter container in front of me..eating it by spoon fulls and eating 1 large cup of dry shredded wheats...washed down with water.I ate two breakfast,a big lunch consisting of 3 meats..now eating this snack,getting ready to go home and eat fish and pasta,then will snack again about 7 pm then eat cottage cheese,cheese,and fruit,and maybe some oat meal at 9pm..and also get a protien drink down///now that's eating bro.

Last edited:
You should take time now to record everything you eat for the next few days and add up the cals..just basic cals..you most likely are not getting anywhere near enough to grow on.When you consume more cals than you burn then you gain..simple huh ? I am sitting here now in front of computer with large jiff peanut butter container in front of me..eating it by spoon fulls and eating 1 large cup of dry shredded wheats...washed down with water.I ate two breakfast,a big lunch consisting of 3 meats..now eating this snack,getting ready to go home and eat fish and pasta,then will snack again about 7 pm then eat cottage cheese,cheese,and fruit,and maybe some oat meal at 9pm..and also get a protien drink down///now that's eating bro.

damn, that is some hardcore eating.[:eek:)] i think my main problem is i don't get up early enough and i miss my breakfast meal and sometime my lunch meal and i'm stressing out and trying to eat everything i see but for some reason i'm not as hungry as i thought i should be. maybe it's because i miss the most important meal of the day (breakfast):confused:

damn, that is some hardcore eating.[:eek:)] i think my main problem is i don't get up early enough and i miss my breakfast meal and sometime my lunch meal and i'm stressing out and trying to eat everything i see but for some reason i'm not as hungry as i thought i should be. maybe it's because i miss the most important meal of the day (breakfast):confused:
EXACTLY BRO ! This is why you are not gaining..breakfast means just that..to break your fast..get it..While you sleep the body gets hungry turning catabolic or eating itself..you have to get up and eat big..this will make your metabolism kick in actually making you hungry all day.And by the way..above what i said i ate yesterday is no where near enough for me to really grow..some guys on here eat over 5,000 cals per day.If you can eat 6 meals consisting of 583 cals =3500 cals and then 2 smaller snacks of 250 cals each you are there..really not that hard.

EXACTLY BRO ! This is why you are not gaining..breakfast means just that..to break your fast..get it..While you sleep the body gets hungry turning catabolic or eating itself..you have to get up and eat big..this will make your metabolism kick in actually making you hungry all day.And by the way..above what i said i ate yesterday is no where near enough for me to really grow..some guys on here eat over 5,000 cals per day.If you can eat 6 meals consisting of 583 cals =3500 cals and then 2 smaller snacks of 250 cals each you are there..really not that hard.

ok, i'm going to officially start this hardcore eating thing monday. my only other real question is i like to eat mcdonalds and shit like that alot. i wanna log my daily calorie intake but with take-out food like that how should i keep track of the calories, cause they don't state how many calories are in a given meal there?

ok, i'm going to officially start this hardcore eating thing monday. my only other real question is i like to eat mcdonalds and shit like that alot. i wanna log my daily calorie intake but with take-out food like that how should i keep track of the calories, cause they don't state how many calories are in a given meal there?
you need to count everything you eat and drink..mcdonalds has a chart posted on wall with caloric break down..one thing that worries me is you say you eat there alot..that is not good..it is shit just like you said..they actually have many meals that are over 1000 cals each.

you need to count everything you eat and drink..mcdonalds has a chart posted on wall with caloric break down..one thing that worries me is you say you eat there alot..that is not good..it is shit just like you said..they actually have many meals that are over 1000 cals each.

well what exactly is wrong with eating meals that over 1000cal? i know it's high in bad fats for you but i planned on eating anything and everything i see just to put on size.

well what exactly is wrong with eating meals that over 1000cal? i know it's high in bad fats for you but i planned on eating anything and everything i see just to put on size.
there are 2 kinds of "size" you can put on..good size and bad size...bad size meanuing fat..you do not want to gain too much fat

I'm doing the Rock Hard Challange workout put out by Muscle and Fitness magazine. I'm six weeks into a three month workout and the first month I ate their plan and I got fat on it. Too many carbs especially late at night and I'm doing 3 CC a week of Test and 2 CC's of Deca a week AND Nutropin.

None of these diets take age into consideration, that's the problem so I cut back on the carbs and now I eat as much protein as I like. I'm no pro at all but I think you have to figure out what works best for you. Phil

Another thing wrong with eating 1000 cal meals is you will still be full 2.5 hours later when you need to be eating again.