Fortitude training and DC training thoughts

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by TobiramaSenju, Mar 14, 2020.

1. TobiramaSenju

TobiramaSenju Member

Today’s training: UPPER LOAD/LOWER PUMP (home workout)

Chest:
    DB floor flyes/DB floor press: 1x10/1x8/1x9/1x6
    Shoulders:
    Front plate raise/Handstand push-up:
    1x10/1x8/1x10/1x8
    Back:
    DB pendlay rows/rack ring pull-ups:
    1x10/1x8/1x10/1x8
    LOWER PUMP:
    Band split squat: 1x30/1x20
    Band good morning: 1x30/1x20
    1 leg standing calf raise: 1x50

My exercise selection is pretty limited. And the equipment I have at home and the exercises I can do are pretty tricky to load. But that doesn’t mean I can’t gain strength and muscle. I am going to employ several techniques to get there.

The first, is to raise my rep ranges and to move up a volume tier. The second is by being strict about my rest times between sets and keeping it to about a minute or so. Something I’ve learned over the years is that if I use a barbell for a certain muscle group, generally speaking I would keep the volume pretty low but I would raise the intensity. Now that I don’t have access to a barbell and a rack (for now), I am going to employ a few tricks that I have up my sleeve when it comes to loading sets. The most important technique that I will use is using the hell out of the pre exhaust method. Here’s why. For example, it’s gonna be pretty difficult to progress on DB floor press and handstand push-ups. So I am going to pair those movements with single joint exercises that has a potential to be loaded heavily and I will try to get stronger in the isolation loading exercise first before attempting to progress in the compound movement, meanwhile keeping the reps the same. For the next workout I would keep the volume tier the same for this day, but I will increase the load or the reps on my chosen pre exhaust exercise.

To further elaborate:
    Week 1:
    DB floor flyes: 1x10-12@30lbs
    DB floor press: 1x8@65lbs per arm

Week 4:
    DB floor flyes: 1x10-12@35lbs.
    DB floor press: 1x8@65lbs per arm

Or inversely:

Week 1:
    DB floor flyes: 1x10@30lbs
    DB floor press: 1x8@65lbs

Week 4: