From where do Anadrol's apparent "gynecomastic" effects originate?

anyone can get that?

Villalpando S, Mondragon L, Barron C, Reyeslugo U, Perezpasten E, Alonso R, Castaneda G, Gallegos V (January 1982). "5-Alpha Reductase Blockade May Be Responsible for Spontaneous and Oxymetholone-Induced Gynecomastia". Archivos de Investigacion Medica. Social Apdo Postal 73-032, Mexico Df 03020, Mexico: Inst Mexicano Seguro. 13 (2): s13.

I was searching few hours and found a fragment

Dont like that study only 5 people who used anadrol and only Wikipedia cited that

What do you think @Type-IIx ?
Good on you for finding what you found.

Sheesh, this is weirdly designed. These groups aren't homologous, group I is in tanner stage 2, the LH reference range being 0.2 - 4.9 mIU/mL. Group II is in tanner stage 1, the LH reference range being 0.02 - 0.03 mIU/mL, and group III spans tanner stages 2 through 5, reference range being 0.2 - 7.0 mIU/mL. And what is the conversion factor from IU/L to ng/mL???

The effect sizes seem really small before even doing the math. I don't know man, weird. I'm thinking definitely statistically underpowered.

The DHT effect size must be significant, which is interesting.

But why isn't T suppressed in group II????

@PeterBond

Strictly, effect size depends on a pre- & post- value, that we are not given obviously because it's cross-sectional.

I hope that the master of assessing study design chimes in.

I think you looked wrong because group II is not in the 1st tanner stage (15-17years) :D

I was also surprised by the normal level of testosterone in people taking anadrol in that study

but if I were to give a reason why this could happen, hypothetizing that anadrol is somehow able to significantly reduce the degree of Test->DHT conversion, we can assume that it leads to an increase in testosterone, at the expense of a very large decrease in DHT levels. People with a 5alpha reductase deficiency also have higher testosterone levels

Last edited:
There's not much to assess of course since there's not much here. Just an abstract.
I wrote to the Mexican library that has the full text, they replied that they only have it in paper form, but maybe if I write to the boss, they will provide the scan

I think you looked wrong because group II is not in the 1st tanner stage (15-17years) :D

I was also surprised by the normal level of testosterone in people taking anadrol in that study

but if I were to give a reason why this could happen, hypothetizing that anadrol is somehow able to significantly reduce the degree of Test->DHT conversion, we can assume that it leads to an increase in testosterone, at the expense of a very large decrease in DHT levels. People with a 5alpha reductase deficiency also have higher testosterone levels
Ah right, I skimmed that "2 to 7 years," as age rather than time of oxymetholone exposure.

however, my theory sucks, from a bigger sudy:

View attachment 271311
Right, these are expected changes to gonadotropins & T.

Seriously, are you able to give me the conversion factor for LH & FSH from IU/L to ng/mL? I can't be bothered to dig for this at present, but I suppose it could come up again somewhere.

Their hypothesis is obviously not good. What I think is that clearly their testosterone, and so maybe all of their assays, are unreliable. It is from a Mexican journal in 1982 after all.

Seriously, are you able to give me the conversion factor for LH & FSH from IU/L to ng/mL? I can't be bothered to dig for this at present, but I suppose it could come up again somewhere.
Cant find, do you think this is necessary since we have the ratio shown in this study?

btw btw I watched Vogous Steve's video today and he said that anadrol is a steroid that most often releases prolactin

He is a bro scientist, I would take what he says with a grain of salt
it may be bro science, but the truth is that in the case of steroid analysis, we all rely on bro science, apart from testosterone and nandrolone, all compounds have been poorly researched

for example, the above study from Mexico where children taking anadrol had testosterone levels at the level of peers who did not take anything

From my experience in bro science there is always some truth

it may be bro science, but the truth is that in the case of steroid analysis, we all rely on bro science, apart from testosterone and nandrolone, all compounds have been poorly researched

for example, the above study from Mexico where children taking anadrol had testosterone levels at the level of peers who did not take anything

From my experience in bro science there is always some truth
There is a vast difference between stating facts in a study and drawing conclusions based on anecdotal reports because ...reasons

There is a vast difference between stating facts in a study and drawing conclusions based on anecdotal reports because ...reasons
I don't deny it, but I think it's worth taking a look at it and considering whether it's possible