Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Podcast Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifters; Cardiovascular & Psych Effects; Women & GH Secretagogues; Thyroid...

Type-IIx

Type-IIx's Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifting; AAS & Cardiovascular and Psychological Harms; Women & RhGH vs. GH Secretagogues; Thyroid Function a la AAS & GH
Released
2024-08-15

Download Link

Episode Details & Player

Synopsis
I. AAS & Nonhypertrophy Objectives ("Making Weight") for Untested Powerlifters: (i) Increased Strength/Power; (ii) Anticatabolism & Antiadipogenic Effects; (iii) Enhanced Bone & Soft Tissue Metabolism; & (iv) Increased Glycogen Synthetase Activity

II. Curated Biological Harms of AAS: (i) Cardiovascular; (ii) Psychological

III. Female Considerations: GH Secretagogues vs. RhGH, Enhanced Efficacy/Tolerability

IV. Thyroid Function a la (a) AAS and (b) RhGH

Type-IIx's Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifting; AAS & Cardiovascular and Psychological Harms; Women & RhGH vs. GH Secretagogues; Thyroid Function a la AAS & GH
Released
2024-08-15

Download Link

Episode Details & Player

Synopsis
I. AAS & Nonhypertrophy Objectives ("Making Weight") for Untested Powerlifters: (i) Increased Strength/Power; (ii) Anticatabolism & Antiadipogenic Effects; (iii) Enhanced Bone & Soft Tissue Metabolism; & (iv) Increased Glycogen Synthetase Activity

II. Curated Biological Harms of AAS: (i) Cardiovascular; (ii) Psychological

III. Female Considerations: GH Secretagogues vs. RhGH, Enhanced Efficacy/Tolerability

IV. Thyroid Function a la (a) AAS and (b) RhGH
Awesome podcast,

Does Anavar can have the possibility to increase internal & external scar tissue/fibrosis formation ?

Last edited:
Awesome podcast,

Does Anavar can have the possibility to increase internal & external scar tissue/fibrosis formation ?
Not particularly? This is something you might associate rather with GH/IGF-I since these stimulate myogenesis (muscle repair). Repair processes are characterized by “scar tissue” (collagen) deposition.

I'm so excited that you have a new podcast episode out! I can't wait to relax and listen to it.

It's going to be the highlight of my day!

I wonder if someone were to have a surgery where there was a really long incision, what would be the optimal stack for tissue healing? With the best possible outcome, as far as fastest healing and minimal scarring goes?
I assume gh, bpc-157, and tb-500. Any others you would recommend for faster repair and neoangiogenesis?

I wonder if someone were to have a surgery where there was a really long incision, what would be the optimal stack for tissue healing? With the best possible outcome, as far as fastest healing and minimal scarring goes?
I assume gh, bpc-157, and tb-500. Any others you would recommend for faster repair and neoangiogenesis?
maybe some ghk-cu as well.

Well, that's a medical issue and I'm not a doctor. In my (teleological) view, the body is remarkable in its healing and regenerative capacity (shaped by eons of evolution), and if these drugs were useful, they'd be prescribed in medicine.

My view on BPC-157/TB-500 is that they are band-aids. They should not be relied on to ameliorate a fundamentally unsound training program. Rather, injury preventive and rehabilitative methods are indicated. Treating the root problem.

GH/IGF-I cause scar tissue deposition (collagen) and should absolutely not be used to "speed up repair" post-surgery.

Excited to listen to this and the other episodes. I am new to this world but been taking in as much as I can while training. I think the science is so cool. Thanks for sharing and will post any questions I have here. Cheers!