Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Podcast Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifters; Cardiovascular & Psych Effects; Women & GH Secretagogues; Thyroid...

Type-IIx

Type-IIx's Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifting; AAS & Cardiovascular and Psychological Harms; Women & RhGH vs. GH Secretagogues; Thyroid Function a la AAS & GH
Released
2024-08-15

Download Link

Episode Details & Player

Synopsis
I. AAS & Nonhypertrophy Objectives ("Making Weight") for Untested Powerlifters: (i) Increased Strength/Power; (ii) Anticatabolism & Antiadipogenic Effects; (iii) Enhanced Bone & Soft Tissue Metabolism; & (iv) Increased Glycogen Synthetase Activity

II. Curated Biological Harms of AAS: (i) Cardiovascular; (ii) Psychological

III. Female Considerations: GH Secretagogues vs. RhGH, Enhanced Efficacy/Tolerability

IV. Thyroid Function a la (a) AAS and (b) RhGH

Type-IIx's Gear, Growth, and Gains: New Episode 003: AAS for Untested Powerlifting; AAS & Cardiovascular and Psychological Harms; Women & RhGH vs. GH Secretagogues; Thyroid Function a la AAS & GH
Released
2024-08-15

Download Link

Episode Details & Player

Synopsis
I. AAS & Nonhypertrophy Objectives ("Making Weight") for Untested Powerlifters: (i) Increased Strength/Power; (ii) Anticatabolism & Antiadipogenic Effects; (iii) Enhanced Bone & Soft Tissue Metabolism; & (iv) Increased Glycogen Synthetase Activity

III. Female Considerations: GH Secretagogues vs. RhGH, Enhanced Efficacy/Tolerability

Awesome podcast,

Does Anavar can have the possibility to increase internal & external scar tissue/fibrosis formation ?

Last edited:
Awesome podcast,

Does Anavar can have the possibility to increase internal & external scar tissue/fibrosis formation ?
Not particularly? This is something you might associate rather with GH/IGF-I since these stimulate myogenesis (muscle repair). Repair processes are characterized by “scar tissue” (collagen) deposition.

I wonder if someone were to have a surgery where there was a really long incision, what would be the optimal stack for tissue healing? With the best possible outcome, as far as fastest healing and minimal scarring goes?
I assume gh, bpc-157, and tb-500. Any others you would recommend for faster repair and neoangiogenesis?

I wonder if someone were to have a surgery where there was a really long incision, what would be the optimal stack for tissue healing? With the best possible outcome, as far as fastest healing and minimal scarring goes?
I assume gh, bpc-157, and tb-500. Any others you would recommend for faster repair and neoangiogenesis?
maybe some ghk-cu as well.

Well, that's a medical issue and I'm not a doctor. In my (teleological) view, the body is remarkable in its healing and regenerative capacity (shaped by eons of evolution), and if these drugs were useful, they'd be prescribed in medicine.

My view on BPC-157/TB-500 is that they are band-aids. They should not be relied on to ameliorate a fundamentally unsound training program. Rather, injury preventive and rehabilitative methods are indicated. Treating the root problem.

GH/IGF-I cause scar tissue deposition (collagen) and should absolutely not be used to "speed up repair" post-surgery.

Excited to listen to this and the other episodes. I am new to this world but been taking in as much as I can while training. I think the science is so cool. Thanks for sharing and will post any questions I have here. Cheers!

Released
2024-08-15

Download Link

Episode Details & Player

Synopsis

Nice work man. Thank you.

Are you thinking this because of its use in burn injury?
Yes by stimulating collagen biosynthesis pathway, those can generally include an increased risk of developing more fibrosis formation in some particular case, much like nandrolone would with the renin-angiotensin system.

Two different exemple where im afraid of anavar for its potential to stimulate fibrosis formation:

- if you have Internal Fibrosis like Pulmonary Fibrosis.

- if you have external Fibrosis like after a surgery when the tissue are cut.

Do you see what I mean?

Last edited:
Yes by stimulating collagen biosynthesis pathway, those can generally include an increased risk of developing more fibrosis formation in some particular case, much like nandrolone would with the renin-angiotensin system.

Two different exemple where im afraid of anavar for its potential to stimulate fibrosis formation:

- if you have Internal Fibrosis like Pulmonary Fibrosis.

- if you have external Fibrosis like after a surgery when the tissue are cut.

Do you see what I mean?
I understand what you mean. No, oxandrolone does not share nandrolone's particular stimulation of ACE in a manner that conceivably implicates fibrosis. It mostly affects bone metabolism. From Anabolic Steroids and Growth Hormone: Their Impact on Bones, Tendons, Ligaments, and Joints:

Long term (2 years) administration of oxandrolone to severely burned pediatric patients significantly increases bone mineral density and linear height velocity. Thsee effects on BMC/BMD became significant only after > 12 mo continuous treatment (long-term administration likely necessary to enhance bone metabolism). There was also a synergy in this effect modulated by the growth maturation phase in pediatric patients (i.e., implications for rhGH, aromatizing androgen).

Oxandrolone enhances GH effects on osteoblast proliferation and chondrocyte proliferation and maturation, but there's no significant between-group difference in effects on a marker of soft tissue metabolism (ΔPIINP) between GH+oxandrolone vs. GH alone.

I understand what you mean. No, oxandrolone does not share nandrolone's particular stimulation of ACE in a manner that conceivably implicates fibrosis. It mostly affects bone metabolism. From Anabolic Steroids and Growth Hormone: Their Impact on Bones, Tendons, Ligaments, and Joints:

Long term (2 years) administration of oxandrolone to severely burned pediatric patients significantly increases bone mineral density and linear height velocity. Thsee effects on BMC/BMD became significant only after > 12 mo continuous treatment (long-term administration likely necessary to enhance bone metabolism). There was also a synergy in this effect modulated by the growth maturation phase in pediatric patients (i.e., implications for rhGH, aromatizing androgen).

Oxandrolone enhances GH effects on osteoblast proliferation and chondrocyte proliferation and maturation, but there's no significant between-group difference in effects on a marker of soft tissue metabolism (ΔPIINP) between GH+oxandrolone vs. GH alone.
Okay, thank you by the way, for all the time you invested in educating us.

If you interested in this subject, for exemple carbergoline increase the risk of fibrosis formation in a different pathway than HGH/IGF-1.

Last edited: