Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

I've linked to an article using small words for the GLP hater bros in case they want to use it to complete their "Hooked on Phonics" practical work exercise. The in depth studies are linked within.

It'll be interesting to see if it's not only effective at helping those genetically predisposed to alcoholism, but the guys who do it to drown out the knowledge of, outside the approving glances of other sweaty dudes in the gym, pathetic lives and fading dreams @narta, @DECLAN

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2024-07-02/another-study-suggests-glp-1-meds-could-ease-alcoholism

Parts of the brain that drive eating behaviors overlap extensively with the drive to use alcohol or other substances,” Dr. Lorenzo Leggio, clinical director and deputy scientific director with the National Institute on Drug Abuse, said in a news release.

Stupid "Clinical Director" of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, just another fatty apologist, what does he know?

Last edited:
I've linked to an article using small words for the GLP hater bros in case they want to use it to complete their "Hooked on Phonics" practical work exercise. The in depth studies are linked within.

It'll be interesting to see if it's not only effective at helping those genetically predisposed to alcoholism, but the guys who do it to drown out the knowledge of, outside of the approving glances of other sweaty dudes in the gym, pathetic lives and fading dreams @narta, @DECLAN

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2024-07-02/another-study-suggests-glp-1-meds-could-ease-alcoholism

Parts of the brain that drive eating behaviors overlap extensively with the drive to use alcohol or other substances,” Dr. Lorenzo Leggio, clinical director and deputy scientific director with the National Institute on Drug Abuse, said in a news release.

Stupid "Clinical Director" of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, just another fatty apologist, what does he know?
Do you need a diet plan and workout routine?

Just ask, we can help you drop to normal healthy weight if you’re willing to put in the work.

There goes your arguments again, nobody is against using glps, they’re simply saying you need to make nutritional and lifestyle changes to see real progress.

Show us your progress just using glps, I would have stopped calling your bullshit if you have shown me a progress pic displaying your fatloss just using these drugs alone. But you can’t because you’re still obese even after almost a decade on these drugs.

You are not the best guy to call out other people because you failed in using this products.

@OilCarrier You are better off looking at the logs of Oakley7565, Dirthand and Scruff, they have pictures and data on their diets, lifestyle changes, exercise protocols and supplementations to change their body compositions.

Pictures paint a thousand different words, don’t listen to me either, but instead go peruse the logs and transformation process these successful individuals and mimic what can be applicable to you.

There is no magic pill or injectable yet, maybe they’re close but until then to progress you need consistency, dedication and hard work. Aside from the health risks from these drugs you need to be aware of wrong advices that give you false hope too.

Good luck.
I won’t claim to know the exact psychology of why people compulsively overeat, even to the point of killing themselves, but from what I have read from the peptide crowd both here and elsewhere it’s almost like a denial of human free will. Little Debbie snack cakes might as well be crack or heroin.

I guess if it’s really that bad, then GLPs are like their version of insulin injections for diabetics or ARV meds for those infected with HIV. Obesity is de facto a chronic disease requiring lifelong medication to the grave . A daunting prospect.

Last edited:
Folks, don't let these clowns shame you away from GLPs. Whether overt or more
subtly, you're not "weak willed fatty trash", or relying on a temporary "crutch" you should hang your head in shame for and stop using as soon as possible.

You made a positive, assertive decision to improve your health, and your lives. Keep up on the science surrounding what GLPs do.

These guys claim to focus on "harm reduction", but to me, they're more likely to induce harm, by trying to humiliate and bully people away from these amazing compounds. IMO, weight loss required or not, everyone's health will benefit from them. Almost too good to be true, I know, but GLPs have been around for 30 years, and everything points to their use resulting in much longer, healthier lives.

The only recent development was the creation of long lasting, instead of daily dosing GLPs.

What brought a lot of attention to these meds a decade or so ago, was the observation that diabetics on GLPs were living longer lives, with less disease, than healthy, non diabetic counterparts. Just amazing stuff we should all be grateful for.

These guys claim to focus on "harm reduction", but to me, they're more likely to induce harm, by trying to humiliate and bully people away from these amazing compounds.
You do understand that most of us either use or encourage usage of GLPs as a tool someone can use to better their lives, right?

Just because YOU failed to use those tools efficiently and you got called out, doesn't mean others are in the same place.

YOU are the failure, no one else.

Folks, don't let these clowns shame you away from GLPs. Whether overt or more
subtly, you're not "weak willed fatty trash", or relying on a temporary "crutch" you should hang your head in shame for and stop using as soon as possible.

You made a positive, assertive decision to improve your health, and your lives. Keep up on the science surrounding what GLPs do.

These guys claim to focus on "harm reduction", but to me, they're more likely to induce harm, by trying to humiliate and bully people away from these amazing compounds. IMO, weight loss required or not, everyone's health will benefit from them. Almost too good to be true, I know, but GLPs have been around for 30 years, and everything points to their use resulting in much longer, healthier lives.

The only recent development was the creation of long lasting, instead of daily dosing GLPs.

What brought a lot of attention to these meds a decade or so ago, was the observation that diabetics on GLPs were living longer lives, with less disease, than healthy, non diabetic counterparts. Just amazing stuff we should all be grateful for.

Ok, since you’re dumb and cannot read I will say it clearly because it’s your premise.

I ADVOCATE THE USE of GLPS like semaglutide, tirz and retra to aid in fatloss. However, you should also consider changing your lifestyle, have an optimal exercise program and follow a nutritional plan conducive to your goals.

That being said, DO NOT BE LIKE GHOUL and use this drugs for almost a decade a be still obese because you don’t want to change your eating habits and just rely on drugs to help you lose fat. It’s not healthy.

@Ghoul We’re here to help you lose weight and be healthy so you can enjoy your life and continue your journey.

You eat simple carbs plus a bit of fat, insulin skyrockets, clears blood glucose a little too hard, you go hypo, eat again the same shit and it's a vicious cycle. For years. And then it becomes a lifestyle.

Why no one that goes keto has the same problem? No simple carbs.
Don’t they loose effectiveness over time though? It seems like people keep going to higher end higher doses and then people are combining different GLP1s to run concurrently.

This is true case with many meds anyway. You take it habitually and it requires more and more of the drug to provide the same effect.

Are we eventually going to see people taking 100 MG of Tirzepatide per week?

Not a slight to users. Genuinely curious

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?
@Ghoul
This is the official opening post, can you please answer it.

We can start there, it’s hard but doable if you’re willing to put in the work.

Don’t they loose effectiveness over time though? It seems like people keep going to higher end higher doses and then people are combining different GLP1s to run concurrently.

This is true case with many meds anyway. You take it habitually and it requires more and more of the drug to provide the same effect.

Are we eventually going to see people taking 100 MG of Tirzepatide per week?

Not a slight to users. Genuinely curious
Check out the logs of guys who used it. Of course there is adaptation but you can remedy that by going off or switching compounds which people do.

I am one of those guys who adapts to semaglutide sides quickly, I titrated up to max sema dose around 2.5mg per week and the appetite suppression effects vanish quickly. What stayed is the slow gastric emptying which makes feel full longer.

I had to quit using it since it jacks up mu resting heart rate to a level I am not comfortable with even if it is still normal by medical standards.

For us gymrats and bodybuilders, we stop using it after our cuts since we have to switch to gain phases and we want our appetites and gastric emptying back to normal so we can be in caloric surplus to grow; hence, we will be able to get over the adaptations till our next fat loss phase.

There is no evidence of loss of effectiveness over the long term outside of bro science and deviating from pharma methods and dosing. Does insulin lose effectiveness? Does TRT lose effectiveness?

3 years after initiating use, the clinical trials involving thousands show maintained loss, and no measurable regain.

Remember, it's not an "appetite suppressant".

Again, a loss of appetite suppression as
you approach the "thermostat" setting a particular dose provides is exactly how it's supposed to work. Gain 10lbs, same dose, and bam, appetite suppression returns. Or increase dose to lower the "setting" further.

Fucking around by starting and stopping, deviating from the proven once a week protocols with the "Reddit" plan, and switching compounds needlessly can, observationally, appear to reduce effectiveness, This is likely due in part to "immunogenicity", the body creating anti-drug antibodies that neutralize the effectiveness of GLPs and receptors because they identify the compound as an invader. How long this lasts is unknown.

For Tesamorelin, for instance, anti-growth hormone antibodies are still present in 80% of users 6 months after cessation of that drug. (I use this because it's one of the few peptides where anti-drug antibodies are closely studied, and it's known for generating lots of aggregates).

One important key to avoiding this is very probably ensuring correct dose dilution. Peptides in too concentrated a form tend to clump into "aggregates". While these are ineffective pharmacologically, they are the main source of immune reactions that cause anti-drug antibodies to form.

No less than .5ml for Tirz up to 10mg, .75ml for 12.5mg and 15mg.

(these are the dilution rates Eli Lilly settled on after the FDAs mandatory protein/peptide drug immunogenicity testing)

For Sema it's .5ml for doses up to 2.4mg. So a 10mg vial should be diluted with at least 2ml.

Last edited:
Back