Glass filtration setup or bottle top?

I have been brewing the past 17 years.

The golden standard when I started, whatman puradiscs, have a PTFE hydrophilic membrane. Hydrophobic membranes are used in gas filtration since we are not pre wetting the filter with alcohol in order to make them aqueous compatible.

I hope you are speaking from experience and not from something you read in the internet. Here is the revelant infoScreenshot_2022-10-04-18-43-47-67_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

I have been brewing the past 17 years.

The golden standard when I started, whatman puradiscs, have a PTFE hydrophilic membrane. Hydrophobic membranes are used in gas filtration since we are not pre wetting the filter with alcohol in order to make them aqueous compatible.

I hope you are speaking from experience and not from something you read in the internet. Here is the revelant infoView attachment 173602
Omg. Yes I'm speaking from personal experience and plenty of it. You are right hydrophobic membranes are used in gas filtration I said that before but they are also used to filter aqueous solutions, and why don't we pre wet the filter? Like you said you have to prewet the filter you are correct, and you can do that with a number of different things. Personally I use BA, but you could use MCT just as easy, and it will wet filter as well as activate it, then you will be filtering 3 times faster. The only way you can filter the same speed with a hydrophilic membrane is if you're using a capsule filter like a whattman polycap or a pall acropak.. Remember there's more than one way to skin a cow.. I just happened to like the most efficient way.

Omg. Yes I'm speaking from personal experience and plenty of it. You are right hydrophobic membranes are used in gas filtration I said that before but they are also used to filter aqueous solutions, and why don't we pre wet the filter? Like you said you have to prewet the filter you are correct, and you can do that with a number of different things. Personally I use BA, but you could use MCT just as easy, and it will wet filter as well as activate it, then you will be filtering 3 times faster. The only way you can filter the same speed with a hydrophilic membrane is if you're using a capsule filter like a whattman polycap or a pall acropak.. Remember there's more than one way to skin a cow.. I just happened to like the most efficient way.
If speed is the target then a capsule filter with a peristaltic pump should be used as it filters faster and far more liquid making them the most efficient

@Bigguy81 and @narta

1)How much oil can be filtered without any problem using a 2.5inch capsule filter (1200cm³) ?

2)As I couldn't get my hands on pall capsule filter where I come from, i contacted a Chinese manufacturer via Alibaba. He asked me which connection type I'd like to purchase and gave me these options 0.5" Tri clamp, 1.5" Tri clamp 9/16" hose barb, 1/2" NPT, 1/4" NPT.

3) Can you help me pick a peristaltic pump from this or give me an idea of how to choose a peristaltic pump?
4)What's your take on buying a pump which can be used to do both filtering and filling ? I'm more keen on lightweight pump which will primarily need to help with filtration.

5) Most peristaltic pumps and motor have a max temperature of
40°C(pump)
60°C(capsule filter)

What would be the ideal temperature of oil for filtering?

Thank you in advance!

1) Till it clogs depending raws and oil debris
2) 9/16" hose barb
Peristaltric pumps need to be strong enough to push oil through the filter and thats it
5) Warm enough 40 C is fine

Whatever you do, don't try to start a lab. Bad decision all around and prison ain't a happy place