Got Investment Property?

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by rugerjitsu, May 30, 2016.

1. ironwill1951

ironwill1951 Member

it has nothing to do with credit scores it is personal liability protection.

2. Megadick3000

Megadick3000 Member

There are many reasons, not simply liability, but that is definitely one reason for a corporation.

3. ironwill1951

ironwill1951 Member

simlply liability ? their is no such thing, their is nothing simple about liability, you can get personally sued, they can take your house your car your guns anything you own if your not incorporated, if you are incorporated then they can only sue the corporation, as far as taxes go you can pay them now or pay then later but you will pay them.
    its like depreciating you buildings sure you get a tax break at the time but when you liquidate your asset you have to recapture your depreciation at a rate of %44 alot more than the measly %16 you pay in capitol gains. the only people that aren't incorporated are either fools or they don't have any assets to worry about.

4. Switcher

Switcher Member

Ok, lets try the short snippet approach...

Just because you incorporate does not mean you are protected from liability.

Maintenance of that new entity has to occur and be documented for protection to be maintained.

5. ironwill1951

ironwill1951 Member

it means that the corporation can be sued but not to personally.

6. Sammii

Sammii Junior Member

I've been wanting to do this myself. I'm from USA. I know a few people who also do it. But I just haven't learned enough about it to make a decision. I have to make a meeting with a mortgage broker and figure everything out. The article really helped though. Thanks!