Gyno from gabapentin, what is going on?

hyooge

*Pregabalin not gabapentin, my mind was rushing.

I suddenly have itchy nipples for a few weeks now on gabapentin.
This is similar to when I used tbol, the only compound to cause itchiness in the nipples.

What is the pathogenesis? I know there are some good chemists on this site...

Would tamoxifen work?

I have shitty anxiety and can't get off this medication, I don't smoke weed or anything else anymore, no idea what is causing this.
I am on a cruise level, and high dose arimidex didn't help... please advise.

*Pregabalin not gabapentin, my mind was rushing.

I suddenly have itchy nipples for a few weeks now on gabapentin.
This is similar to when I used tbol, the only compound to cause itchiness in the nipples.

What is the pathogenesis? I know there are some good chemists on this site...

Would tamoxifen work?

I have shitty anxiety and can't get off this medication, I don't smoke weed or anything else anymore, no idea what is causing this.
I am on a cruise level, and high dose arimidex didn't help... please advise.
Are you prescribed this medication off-label for anxiety? What other medications, not including AAS, are you taking? More information will help.

I was prescribed gabapentin for some nerve problems in elbows/forarms/hands, but had to discontinue after 3 days because of the same nip issues you mentioned!!

Killed it straight off with a few days of low dosed lectro!!

I wasn’t on cycle at the time, and I don’t know either how or why it has this effect.

The doctors didn’t have anything to say about it either when I reported the issue, other than agreeing I should discontinue.

Are you prescribed this medication off-label for anxiety? What other medications, not including AAS, are you taking? More information will help.
Prescribed yes, 450mg a day.
No other medication. Test is 250mg every 10 days, with anastrozole dosed as normal, I tried taking additional and it did nothing.

I was prescribed gabapentin for some nerve problems in elbows/forarms/hands, but had to discontinue after 3 days because of the same nip issues you mentioned!!

Killed it straight off with a few days of low dosed lectro!!

I wasn’t on cycle at the time, and I don’t know either how or why it has this effect.

The doctors didn’t have anything to say about it either when I reported the issue, other than agreeing I should discontinue.
But you stopped the meds? or you took letro while taking the meds? For me it comes and goes, not sure what to do man

Prescribed yes, 450mg a day.
No other medication. Test is 250mg every 10 days, with anastrozole dosed as normal, I tried taking additional and it did nothing.
I would highly suggest a different medication for anxiety my dude. You're being prescribed this off-label. Personally, I would recommend a newer SNRI like Pristiq, Trintellix, etc, as they have less side-effects and they're specifically designed to treat anxiety.

EDIT: I just want to clarify; Are you taking this medication for anxiety or for a different issue? I might've misunderstood.

I would highly suggest a different medication for anxiety my dude. You're being prescribed this off-label. Personally, I would recommend a newer SNRI like Pristiq, Trintellix, etc, as they have less side-effects and they're specifically designed to treat anxiety.
In my country, pregabalin seems to be a common treatment.
I will ask them about what you are saying?
Will it kick in immediately, I can't afford even a week of anxiety rn.

For anxiety, yes.

But you stopped the meds? or you took letro while taking the meds? For me it comes and goes, not sure what to do man
Yeah, I discontinued the gabapentin after a few days due to the discomfort, then started the lectro on its own.

I don’t know what you should do - personally I’d quit the gabapentin/pregab, but that’s your call (speak with doctor).
If you can’t, I’d defo keep running the AI’s!!

In my country, pregabalin seems to be a common treatment.
I will ask them about what you are saying?
Will it kick in immediately, I can't afford even a week of anxiety rn.

For anxiety, yes.
As someone who struggles with PTSD and horrible anxiety, I will say that what you're taking isn't going to help you as much as you'd like. You could be getting better relief along with less symptoms, in my opinion, from taking the aforementioned drugs - I do want to note, this is what works for me and SSRIs/SNRIs can vary in effectiveness from person to person (one might work great for me but not good for you), so you need to speak with a medical professional about it what you need to do. Ideally you would want to cross-taper; i.e. Lowering the dosage of your current medication weekly while slowly increasing a new medication/SSRI/SNRI, to avoid any sort of issues with your anxiety.

Just to clarify what I mentioned earlier about effectiveness; I initially was taking Lexapro for anxiety and had ZERO relief with ALL of the bad side-effects from it, so my doctor switched me to Pristiq, which has been a lifesaver. Again, some of this stuff can be trial and error.

EDIT: I just want to clarify; Are you taking this medication for anxiety or for a different issue? I might've misunderstood.

Wait, an sNri for treating anxiety? As in norepinephrine reuptake inhibition in the mix? For anxiety??

Damn. That directly contradicts my own personal experiences with anything psychoactive involving inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake. That shit causes anxiety to the max, not to mention a whole host of other uncomfortable effects.

I take gabaoentin for anxiety too. 200mgs / day. On 250 mg test c / week. Haven’t had this issue but very curious what causes it?

Wait, an sNri for treating anxiety? As in norepinephrine reuptake inhibition in the mix? For anxiety??

Damn. That directly contradicts my own personal experiences with anything psychoactive involving inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake. That shit causes anxiety to the max, not to mention a whole host of other uncomfortable effects.
It sounds counterintuitive, but SNRIs can be great for anxiety/depression; "Norepinephrine activates the amygdala, the part of the brain implicated in producing fear-related behaviour. The amygdala can also enhance long-term storage of stressful memories in the hippocampus and striatum."

As I mentioned before, a lot of this is trial and error and highly individual. I took genetic testing through GeneSight which showed I had very little to no response with SSRIs while also showing I had a higher chance of adverse side-effects. Obviously it showed the opposite for SNRIs, which is why I started taking Pristiq, and actually saw relief from my symptoms. This might be a bad example, but I would compare it to something like giving people with ADHD a glorified stimulant and them seeing cessation of their hyperactivity. I also want to note that I would only suggest NEWER SSRIs/SNRIs as they don't have nearly as many side-effects of the older ones - personally I have zero side-effects from Pristiq.

Gabapentin is great for anxiety, no gyno from it here, take 1500 mg a day, as i have anxiety and RLS. Will be tapering when possible.

Gabapentin is great for anxiety, no gyno from it here, take 1500 mg a day, as i have anxiety and RLS. Will be tapering when possible.
I suspect it is an increase in prolactin, will try P5P and then dostinex just to confirm this.

It is a weird itchiness that comes and goes

A lot of medications cause gyno in some people. It’s very strange and not sure what the cause is. Prilosec also known as omeprazole for heart burn causes gyno in a lot of people taken long term.

It sounds counterintuitive, but SNRIs can be great for anxiety/depression; "Norepinephrine activates the amygdala, the part of the brain implicated in producing fear-related behaviour. The amygdala can also enhance long-term storage of stressful memories in the hippocampus and striatum."

As I mentioned before, a lot of this is trial and error and highly individual. I took genetic testing through GeneSight which showed I had very little to no response with SSRIs while also showing I had a higher chance of adverse side-effects. Obviously it showed the opposite for SNRIs, which is why I started taking Pristiq, and actually saw relief from my symptoms. This might be a bad example, but I would compare it to something like giving people with ADHD a glorified stimulant and them seeing cessation of their hyperactivity. I also want to note that I would only suggest NEWER SSRIs/SNRIs as they don't have nearly as many side-effects of the older ones - personally I have zero side-effects from Pristiq.

Man, you're just mixing so many things up, ... There are in essence no newer SSRI's or older ones. All were brought to the market in a similar timeframe. Vortioxetine is not classified as an SSRI, it modulates certain serotonin receptors and also antagonizes SERT at higher dosages, and SNRI's are also not SSRI's; they're SNRI's.

As @Megadick3000 noted, SNRI's are not the first line treatment for anxiety. I personally can't stand elevated NE levels, the feeling I get from them is exactly the same that I have all the time - only potentiated. I know you've read a paragraph somewhere stating that a1a receptor activation in basolateral amygdala facilitates GABA release, but it's far from being so simple. Especially with chronic anxiety, which has chronically elevated NE levels. So be more careful in giving such advice, as somebody might just take your word for it and get a quick and easy panic attack, or something which similarly not a pleasant experience.

What I do agree with you though, is the that pregabalin is not the best anxiety treatment. If excess glutamate is the problem then maybe lamotrigine might help, or maybe helping those underpowered ATP pumps by improving mitochondrial function. Also going keto helps. However, for some, pregabalin works on the long run.

You've got "short allele's"? That's why SSRI's are not working for you?

Back