Have you experienced iron depletion from Tirzepatide use?

Musmadar

I started using Tirzepatide more than 1 month ago, already lost about 6kg/13pounds...

The problem I have is that I started to feel very dizzy during workouts, especially legs workout...the same symptoms like anemia...and it has nothing to do with glucose being too low (that was the first thing I checked)

I was wondering if you have experienced the same....

Use of any GLP will reduce intake of all nutrients. If you were borderline on any nutrient, I'd expect it to dip into deficiency level without a concerted effort to prevent that.
I didnt notice any significant changes in the other micronutrients I routinely monitor. Granted, the fact that I seem to have an issue with iron absorption would imply that anything that might even remotely affect absorption of said nutrient could conceivably affect me to a greater degree than the average user.

Started Tirz 3 months ago and felt tired and weak for the first 6-8 weeks. Got my blood tested recently and everything is normal, including iron levels.
Think the fatigue was due to the huge calorie deficite during the first few weeks, now i´m able to eat a lot more and the tiredness is gone.

Apolactoferrin is a strong iron chelator. It's seldom used for lowering iron, definitely not elevating it. If you have issues with low iron, certainly do not use apolactoferrin in hopes of elevating it.
I’m sure he meant lactoferrin. But good catch and pointing it out.

Edit: just checked some of the lactoferrin supps I’ve seen in the past and some do indeed list apolactoferrin as an ingredient. So definitely need to read the label closely if ordering.

Last edited: