Heavy metals

https://thinksteroids.com/news/are-steroids-from-underground-labs-contaminated-with-toxic-metals/

Stuff like this got me thinking. There doesn't even have to be evidence of a problem for precautions to be taken. It's the possibility and probability that matter. People wouldn't build dikes if you follow the same logic and then those people end up under water.

I don't imagine there is a whole lot of research going into this type of thing for a number or reasons. Legality, cost, etc. I was just wondering if anyone did know of research into this topic.

Who's to say that some subset of those who experience symptoms aren't from this type of contamination.

Is a 2008 op ed piece the best you can do! YES

Show me analytical data HMs have been detected in UGL products.

Research! Hello once again
check out the results posted
by Analytical Labs on Meso.

And many people experienced systemic symptoms from breast implants too but silicone was not the cause.

The vanity, insecurity and immaturatity of those using PEDs
more often than not is the source
of unexplained symptoms.

And many people experienced systemic symptoms from breast implants too but silicone was not the cause.

of unexplained symptoms.

I didn't start the thread to have a contest.

You seem oddly defensive about this.

I have made no definite claims.

of unexplained symptoms.

"No microbiological contamination was detected."

Also in the reports it doesn't say that it tested for heavy metals.

Maybe you could direct me to these reports you are referring to with a link or something. That would be useful.

of unexplained symptoms.

Okay I see it looks like they stopped testing for heavy metals around 2015. With a total of like 5-10 tests that actually included heavy metal testing.

I would be glad to be proven wrong.

Okay I see it looks like they stopped testing for heavy metals around 2015. With a total of like 5-10 tests that actually included heavy metal testing.

I would be glad to be proven wrong.
If you have the list of the tests when heavy metal testing had been actually conducted, would it be, please, possible to link them?

What you expect me to spoon feed you information? Do your own research.

Lol.. can you imagine being this guy? I'm jk btw

This seems to be all of them with heavy metal testing. 9 in total.
Thank you, you have saved us quite some time looking it up.

If you are interested in our findings from several tests a few years ago, we have not found any significant heavy metal contamination in AAS whatsoever. DNP on the other hand did contain dangerous levels of some heavy metals, but it's hard recalling which after all these years. The data were available on SST, which unfortunately got deleted. Maybe Cadmium?

Also, we have thoroughly assessed the market for years, to estimate whether providing analytical services for heavy metals in AAS was feasible and we didn't come to conclusion it's a service that is needed for the community. (read as - the risk is so low we wouldn't be able to turn profitable offering the service. Hope that answers some questions for you, Sir)

So they stopped testing for heavy metals after never detecting any? Sounds like @Dr JIM helped you answer your own question.

Okay I wasn't going to dignify this with an actual response but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.

You are technically incorrect they found heavy metals present in every single sample. They were just within the acceptable ranges. They point of testing is to make sure they don't get out of range.

They tested 9 samples out of like 250 tests. They may have come from one particular raw sources whereas other brands oils may have had a different raw source. They are also from a particular time period. As we know quality varies with time in all labs.

You are telling me that testing 3% of the samples not necessarily of the same origin is gtg? Supposing 21% is contaminated like was found in the little article I posted the 3% poll would only have like a 27% chance to catch the contamination. I think thats how math works.

"Oh no don't worry about this batch from turkey we tested some stuff that came out of Guatemala last year so its fine"

U wot m8

I'm not saying anything definite. I'm trying to open a conversation. But you are saying something definite on the basis of 9 samples out of 250. Which I find weird.

Thank you, you have saved us quite some time looking it up.

If you are interested in our findings from several tests a few years ago, we have not found any significant heavy metal contamination in AAS whatsoever. DNP on the other hand did contain dangerous levels of some heavy metals, but it's hard recalling which after all these years. The data were available on SST, which unfortunately got deleted. Maybe Cadmium?

Also, we have thoroughly assessed the market for years, to estimate whether providing analytical services for heavy metals in AAS was feasible and we didn't come to conclusion it's a service that is needed for the community. (read as - the risk is so low we wouldn't be able to turn profitable offering the service. Hope that answers some questions for you, Sir)

So basically it isn't that there is no contamination its that on a cost-profit analysis it didn't make testing for heavy metals practical.

So, are you affiliated with those test results? or are you speaking from your own service that you personally provide?

So basically it isn't that there is no contamination its that on a cost-profit analysis didn't make testing for heavy metals practical.

So, are you affiliated with those test results? or are you speaking from your own service that you personally provide?
We are running an analytical laboratory.

Years ago we had full access to a facility that was equipped with ICP-MS (equipment used for heavy metal assessment). We made a few measurements on it, but it was very impractical to operate and people were not really interested in paying extra for the work. There are no data saved from back then and the volume we were doing was very low - we'd guess 10 to 20 samples of raw powders were tested for heavy metals and all passed with flying colors.

As any business we have to stay profitable - if there was a serious risk in AAS contamination with heavy metals, we would be able to assume that there is interest in such a service. We were unable to come to the conclusion from the available data.

We found no case reports of heavy metal associated trouble with AAS. We researched the manufacturing processes, went over them with manufacturers and distributors, reviewed case reports etc...

And we are in no way affiliated with SIMEC AG.

When they say concentrations were below the limit of detection that means that it’s either NOT in the sample or at a concentration less than what the precision of their instrument can detect. And mercury less than 0.1 ppm is less than 1 part of mercury per 1 billion parts of everything else in there. We’re already dosing at cc levels so over the use of steroids the health effects related to heavy metals are very minimal and the risk just isn’t there.

It’s a good discussion, but we are choosing to do this as part of our own personal decision. You’re pointing out the potential health effects from heavy metals (where it doesn’t look like there are any heavy metals present) as a concern where we all should already understand that the potential health effects from long-term steroid use are far more significant.

So they stopped testing for heavy metals after never detecting any? Sounds like @Dr JIM helped you answer your own question.

Ah yes but the nay sayers persist
embracing absolutes such as; they didn’t test for EVERY toxin did they !!!!

And those who insist on pursuing such an enigma would be much better off understanding the KNOWN “toxicities” of PEDs bc there are a plethora, and have nothing to do with Chinese greed
or the presence of elusive contaminants.

We are running an analytical laboratory.

Years ago we had full access to a facility that was equipped with ICP-MS (equipment used for heavy metal assessment). We made a few measurements on it, but it was very impractical to operate and people were not really interested in paying extra for the work. There are no data saved from back then and the volume we were doing was very low - we'd guess 10 to 20 samples of raw powders were tested for heavy metals and all passed with flying colors.

As any business we have to stay profitable - if there was a serious risk in AAS contamination with heavy metals, we would be able to assume that there is interest in such a service. We were unable to come to the conclusion from the available data.

We found no case reports of heavy metal associated trouble with AAS. We researched the manufacturing processes, went over them with manufacturers and distributors, reviewed case reports etc...

And we are in no way affiliated with SIMEC AG.

Very cool man. This is actually useful in so far as your word can be trusted. Which I have no idea; I have briefly skimmed all the controversy and haven't investigated long enough to really know. It does kind of suck that you don't have access to any of the old data for those tests. none the less it is still somewhat reassuring as I assume there might be some financial incentive for you to spark interest in heavy metal testing but you didn't go that route; that is if you still have access to the equipment. Thank you for sharing your experience in your domain of expertise though.

Last edited:
Ah yes but the nay sayers persist
embracing absolutes such as; they didn’t test for EVERY toxin did they !!!!

And those who insist on pursuing such an enigma would be much better off understanding the KNOWN “toxicities” of PEDs bc there are a plethora, and have nothing to do with Chinese greed
or the presence of elusive contaminants.

Very strange man. Your panties seem to be in a bunch over this one and you are being intellectually dishonest in an attempt to persuade. Really strange...

Obviously I am going to mention that they didn't test for heavy metals, as umm.. that is what we are talking about here, in this thread, right now; is the heavy metal thing.

I recognize the risks linked to AAS use. From what I can tell they are negligible if done in moderation and responsibly. Which I take aims to mitigate as much damage that may be done as possible in this regard. This extends to contaminants. Which you seem really loathe to talk about and want to shift the topic for some reason. Yes steroids themselves have inherent risk. Everyone who does them should know this. That is not what this thread is about.

You are being weird.

Okay I wasn't going to dignify this with an actual response but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.

You are technically incorrect they found heavy metals present in every single sample. They were just within the acceptable ranges. They point of testing is to make sure they don't get out of range.

They tested 9 samples out of like 250 tests. They may have come from one particular raw sources whereas other brands oils may have had a different raw source. They are also from a particular time period. As we know quality varies with time in all labs.

You are telling me that testing 3% of the samples not necessarily of the same origin is gtg? Supposing 21% is contaminated like was found in the little article I posted the 3% poll would only have like a 27% chance to catch the contamination. I think thats how math works.

"Oh no don't worry about this batch from turkey we tested some stuff that came out of Guatemala last year so its fine"

U wot m8

I'm not saying anything definite. I'm trying to open a conversation. But you are saying something definite on the basis of 9 samples out of 250. Which I find weird.
lol

BTW is any source actually mailing from Guatemala now?
I always wondered what gear, both human and veterinary grade, is available there.

Very strange man. Your panties seem to be in a bunch over this one and you are being intellectually dishonest in an attempt to persuade. Really strange...

Obviously I am going to mention that they didn't test for heavy metals, as umm.. that is what we are talking about here, in this thread, right now; is the heavy metal thing.

I recognize the risks linked to AAS use. From what I can tell they are negligible if done in moderation and responsibly. Which I take aims to mitigate as much damage that may be done as possible in this regard. This extends to contaminants. Which you seem really loathe to talk about and want to shift the topic for some reason. Yes steroids themselves have inherent risk. Everyone who does them should know this. That is not what this thread is about.

You are being weird.

Show me any scientific evidence to validate your “concern”.

Is there even one case report of HM toxicity in B.B. —- NO!