Hello, new member intro

glowwormeh

Hi - I'm Almost 4 decades old (sadly) , F , from the US. I'm here to research GLP1s further after someone referred me to this forum because FB and Reddit are only so helpful. Curious about other peptides too....I was unaware of such possibilities.

40 is still young and you’ll be on anavar next if you stick around here too long.

long read: Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Has a lot of user experiences. You can start there.

You should do more than just focus on losing weight. I don’t want to assume to much, but you should also strength train so when you do end up at your ideal weight, you are toned and have muscle mass.

You don’t want to end up “skinny fat”. You’re on a forum with body builders not Redditors. Do not just lose weight without building muscle or maintaining your existing muscle mass.

You can do both and pick up a new hobby/lifestyle. That’s actually why you came to this forum. Not Reddit/FB. You don’t want to be skinny fat.

Workout while dieting, don’t just diet.

40 is still young and you’ll be on anavar next if you stick around here too long.

long read: Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Has a lot of user experiences. You can start there.

You should do more than just focus on losing weight. I don’t want to assume to much, but you should also strength train so when you do end up at your ideal weight, you are toned and have muscle mass.

You don’t want to end up “skinny fat”. You’re on a forum with body builders not Redditors. Do not just lose weight without building muscle or maintaining your existing muscle mass.

You can do both and pick up a new hobby/lifestyle. That’s actually why you came to this forum. Not Reddit/FB. You don’t want to be skinny fat.

Workout while dieting, don’t just diet.

Thank you ! I've been the same weight since my youngest was born 8 years ago but my body says nope now. High BP (this runs in the family too regardless of weight) which im not medicated for, pre diabetic and high cholesterol. My exercise is inconsistent besides getting steps in but that will have to change now.

Thank you ! I've been the same weight since my youngest was born 8 years ago but my body says nope now. High BP (this runs in the family too regardless of weight) which im not medicated for, pre diabetic and high cholesterol. My exercise is inconsistent besides getting steps in but that will have to change now.
I’m just a bit younger than you. I have a few children a well. We have some similarities.

I have diabetes and hypertension in my family history as well. My A1C was in the pre-diabetes range, and I was prescribed metformin and semaglutide to get in the normal range. Both medications are effective. I only continue to use the metformin on a daily basis. Semaglutide at the prescribed dosage suppresses my appetite too much— this may be good news for you to hear.

I am also on 10mg of lisinopril for my blood pressure. I also do 45 mins of cardio 5x a week as well. This keeps me in the 120s/80s range. You should definitely address your blood pressure with medication management and a lifestyle change.

The GLP agonists are quite effective for appetite suppression. But if you only restrict your calories and walk, your body composition will not change much. You will just lose weight, both muscle and fat.

Something brought you to Meso. There’s a wealth of knowledge here. I let myself go as well and this place helped me out.

Use this time to change your lifestyle. Join a gym and adopt some healthy eating habits. That way you can get off the GLPs, look great, maintain your improved physique, and continue to be healthy.

Otherwise you’re going to end overweight again when you get off whatever GLP you choose.

Last edited:
I’m just a bit younger than you. I have a few children a well. We have some similarities.

I have diabetes and hypertension in my family history as well. My A1C was in the pre-diabetes range, and I was prescribed metformin and semaglutide to get in the normal range. Both medications are effective. I only continue to use the metformin on a daily basis. Semaglutide at the prescribed dosage suppresses my appetite too much— this may be good news for you to hear.

I am also on 10mg of lisinopril for my blood pressure. I also do 45 mins of cardio 5x a week as well. This keeps me in the 120s/80s range. You should definitely address your blood pressure with medication management and a lifestyle change.

The GLP agonists are quite effective for appetite suppression. But if you only restrict your calories and walk, your body composition will not change much. You will just lose weight, both muscle and fat.

Something brought you to Meso. There’s a wealth of knowledge here. I let myself go as well and this place helped me out.

Use this time to change your lifestyle. Join a gym and adopt some healthy eating habits. That way you can get off the GLPs, look great, maintain your improved physique, and continue to be healthy.

Otherwise you’re going to end overweight again when you get off whatever GLP you choose.
Thank you! For your advice. And that is supposed to say *I am medicated for* in regards to the BP meds. On 100mg losartan with average BP of 110/80 now.
My dr RX'd Zepbound but my insurance, which is otherwise outstanding, (optum rx does the pharmacy stuff) won't cover it. Even if it did, apparently there is a shortage so that led me down the rabbit hole.