hGH + Metformin: A Good Thing (Metformin does not lower, but rather increases IGF-1)

Correct. Incretins (e.g., semaglutide) enhance insulin sensitivity by several mechanisms, one of which is a transient appetite/hunger blunting effect, indirectly reducing energy intakes, thereby promoting reduced fat stores & blood sugar/fatty acid elevations. Independent from that effect, are other effects, that converge on insulin sensitization (e.g., GLP-1 mediated- coupling of blood glucose & insulin secretion, decreased glucagon secretion, delayed gastric emptying, etc.) The benefits of incretins do not depend solely on appetite/hunger blunting.

Without getting into protocols and dosing, I'll just say that the basic instructional pamphlet included with the medication will guide you just fine.
I gotta find the pamplet online then, I started with 0.25 for 4 weeks and raised by 0.25mg every time I felt the hunger effect to disappear (I started it because I wanted the blunt effect on hunger). I'm not at 1mg and the blunting of hunger is not there anymore but I'm fine with it, I need the insulin sensitivity effect tho, because I'm prone to broderline BG and with HGH the problem is even more prominent.

I'll do blood test tomorrow and see if 1mg it's enough to keep me with a good BG on 4IU of HGH.
That's the only thing I care right now, having a good insulin sensitivity.

So I was actually doing some research with ChatGPT to find and translate the scientific literature. Appearently, IGF-1 is cleared by something called Insulin-Degrading-Enzyme (or Insulinase) and metformin inhibits IDE and hence increases IGF-1 in the blood. It increases the half-life then I guess. I did go through a few studies on the topic, but I'm not convinced. Just thought I'd put that out there anyways.

So I was actually doing some research with ChatGPT to find and translate the scientific literature. Appearently, IGF-1 is cleared by something called Insulin-Degrading-Enzyme (or Insulinase) and metformin inhibits IDE and hence increases IGF-1 in the blood. It increases the half-life then I guess. I did go through a few studies on the topic, but I'm not convinced. Just thought I'd put that out there anyways.
ChatGPT research, I’ll have to remember that

Good luck. Its hit and miss in all reality.
I was messing with ya, AI can’t be used (at least in its current chatbot free publicly available form) for research. It’s a chat bot. It’s like using DuoLingo to play games and pretend you’re learning. They are gamification; and merely give you the answer without learning.

You could perhaps rotely memorize answers to queries using mnemonic techniques, that’s about it.

AI, the large language model, behind AI can be used by researchers to speed up their work in principle. It has promise for specialized applications, but this ChatGPT laziness (a crapshoot really since it refuses to just say “I don’t know,” when it doesn’t) can easily prove the ruin for societies if the belief that they replace human intelligence was to propagate widely.

AI, the large language model, behind AI can be used by researchers to speed up their work in principle. It has promise for specialized applications, but this ChatGPT laziness (a crapshoot really since it refuses to just say “I don’t know,” when it doesn’t) can easily prove the ruin for societies if the belief that they replace human intelligence was to propagate widely.valid points.
Valid points mate. I honestly cant wait for the age of AI to advance in the coming 10-15 years

Rather see human intelligence treat it like nuclear proliferation myself
I'm not buying into the AI bubble/fad we are in. It's going to be useful in some way but there is a lot of guessing going on. Nobody knows what it's real eventual use will be. Similar to the internet/.com bubble. Everybody hyped and pumping money into it but nobody really knows how it will pan out or how to make money off of it in the near term.

On a side note, chat GPT told me not to take metformin and I suggested it fuck off.

I'm not buying into the AI bubble/fad we are in. It's going to be useful in some way but there is a lot of guessing going on. Nobody knows what it's real eventual use will be. Similar to the internet/.com bubble. Everybody hyped and pumping money into it but nobody really knows how it will pan out or how to make money off of it in the near term.

On a side note, chat GPT told me not to take metformin and I suggested it fuck off.
ChatGPT is this lil web applet that has a weapon behind it. The LLMs are analogous to early experimentation with X-rays and radioactive materials. Eventually humanity is going to realize this tech needs to be regulated by international law.

Teleologically, humans dominate this orb circling the sun for the very reason this tech offers promise. Our intelligence. We’re not particularly large, fast, or strong. But we are particularly intelligent.

It’s seriously idiotic to cultivate intelligence in silicon versus carbon based forms when it’s even merely potentially superior for what constitutes thought.

Basically, nothing good can foreseeably result in the long run for humanity from this tech. It’s very dangerous.

Last edited:
ChatGPT is this lil web applet that has a weapon behind it. The LLMs are analogous to early experimentation with X-rays and radioactive materials. Eventually humanity is going to realize this tech needs to be regulated by international law.

Teleologically, humans dominate this orb circling the sun for the very reason this tech offers promise. Our intelligence. We’re not particularly large, fast, or strong. But we are particularly intelligent.

It’s seriously idiotic to cultivate intelligence in silicon versus carbon based forms when it’s even merely potentially superior for what constitutes thought.

Basically, nothing good can foreseeably result in the long run for humanity from this tech. It’s very dangerous.
Well, might as well have as good a time now as we can. Whatever's coming is coming and there's only so much we can do about it. Not trying to say that we are powerless, but the direction that tech wants to go is going to happen whether we like it or not. Hopefully the computers will still let us train, compete, and have sports. Lol

Well, might as well have as good a time now as we can. Whatever's coming is coming and there's only so much we can do about it. Not trying to say that we are powerless, but the direction that tech wants to go is going to happen whether we like it or not. Hopefully the computers will still let us train, compete, and have sports. Lol
Man you are a nihilist! I’m pretty optimistic about the ability to regulate this tech. I’ve heard serious policymakers reserve the option to use surgical strikes to take out data centers in this vein, btw.

Man you are a nihilist! I’m pretty optimistic about the ability to regulate this tech. I’ve heard serious policymakers reserve the option to use surgical strikes to take out data centers in this vein, btw.
I've already come to peace with my inevitable assimilation. Maybe the synthetic gods will be better than our current ones. There's rumor that they will change the work week to 30 hours and they offer over 3,000 choices of flavor for your daily gruel.....

Sponsors

Latest posts