High test vs high free test

Gr8shag

I'm wondering what the reason is behind taking moderate to high doses of testosterone and ending up with high test levels but not necessarily high free test levels. For the first 2 months of this cycle I had a super high sex drive as is normal for taking test cyp but now all of a sudden during the last month I have added MENT on top of test and haven't had really any sex drive in a while. I feel that I have either crashed my estrogen by adding letrozole in due to taking MENT or my testosterone is just binding to SHBG. I also don't think I'm gaining muscle and strength as fast as I used to despite now taking a stronger compound. Any ideas?

Raising test and/or androgen levels raises free test levels.
But I've heard that the longer you've been using these compounds then the more your body converts it to other things or binds it to shbg in an attempt to bring hormone levels back to normal so could that cause problems or is it more likely that I crashed my estrogen?

But I've heard that the longer you've been using these compounds then the more your body converts it to other things or binds it to shbg in an attempt to bring hormone levels back to normal so could that cause problems or is it more likely that I crashed my estrogen?

It's true that the longer you've been on blast (or cycle) you'll lose effectiveness at the same dose. This is due to desensitisation. Not to be confused with downregulation. Desensitisation occurs and the typical solution is to raise your dose through your blast to a point where you have to come off or cruise.

In regards to letrozole and sex drive, yes there is a strong connection between estrogen and libido. The typical solution is to design your stacks in such a way so you don't need anything to control estrogen.

I'm regards to losing your sex drive, yes it's more likely the letrozole has thrown you off.

What you heard is false. When you're on a blast you have enough androgens to overpower the liver's ability to produce SHBG. at this point the rest and other androgens either bind intra or extra cellularly, they bind to albumin, or they remain free.

It's true that the longer you've been on blast (or cycle) you'll lose effectiveness at the same dose. This is due to desensitisation. Not to be confused with downregulation. Desensitisation occurs and the typical solution is to raise your dose through your blast to a point where you have to come off or cruise.

In regards to letrozole and sex drive, yes there is a strong connection between estrogen and libido. The typical solution is to design your stacks in such a way so you don't need anything to control estrogen.

I'm regards to losing your sex drive, yes it's more likely the letrozole has thrown you off.

Please post any evidence you have to AR desensitization.

I was on 900mg test at beginning of this cycle and added Letro since I know my estrogen levels raise quick (genetics and due to my 20ish% BF)... killed my sex drive real quick, just had to fine tune the dose. Bloods are the only answer with that though.

Eventually I just dropped test down, first time that high on it and it was useless. Too many sides

I'll link you to some reading.

Yes you should. Because in 15 years scrolling these forums no one has ever been able to bring serious evidence about this.

While on the other hand there is plenty evidence for upregulation and sensitivity maintainance the longer you inject exogenous AAS.

Yes you should. Because in 15 years scrolling these forums no one has ever been able to bring serious evidence about this.

While on the other hand there is plenty evidence for upregulation and sensitivity maintainance the longer you inject exogenous AAS.

I have done, and it's not on this forum.

Back