Hoarding gear

Lowkey dealing
Called it

:rolleyes:

I keep a 5 year supply of testosterone and tablets stored at my mum’s house. For HCG and peptides I have enough to last me to their expiration date. Anyone know how much HCG degrades past its expiration date? If it’s not much I’ll keep 5 years of them, too.

and a switch that plays prodigy once open
lol

I keep a 5 year supply of testosterone and tablets stored at my mum’s house. For HCG and peptides I have enough to last me to their expiration date. Anyone know how much HCG degrades past its expiration date? If it’s not much I’ll keep 5 years of them, too.

lol

So many variables are involved, including arbitrary "expiration" dates no one can say for sure.

With proper storage most gear lasts almost indefinitely(Test-E a notable exception). Butyl rubber stoppers are likely the weak point, failing (and leeching chemicals into the solution) before an oil based AAS degrades significantly (specialized PTFE coated stoppers last 3 times as long and won't react with the oil and solvents). but easily lasts 5+ years based on anecdotes, and the little testing done on aged gear.

Peptide degradation is far more open to question. It's going to depend on the particular peptide, the specific batch, how thoroughly it's been lyophilized(dried).

All you can realistically do is store in the best conditions you can provide that are known to slow degradation. Complete protection from light, and refrigeration will slow chemical decomposition significantly. Some peptides show less than 1% degradation over 3 years in those conditions.

A step beyond this is cryo storage, -80c. At this temp, chemical decomposition is brought to a near standstill, and there is no chance of moderate temperature cycling causing issues with ice crystals forming, melting, then reforming mechanically damaging the peptide chains. The process of freezing and thawing will unavoidably cause some thermal stress damage, so it's essential to keep the number of these cycles to an absolute minimum.

Small chest cooler sized cryo storage units are out there for around $1k from alibaba. Used ex lab equipment, higher quality units even less on ebay etc.

Here's a small -120c unit, for instance. I didn't shop for price, just the first I came across.

IMG_8780.jpeg

-80c is considered ideal by most peptide manufacturers, some say -100c, colder the better but lower than -80c provides diminishing returns. Mostly a safety margin in case of power outages, quicker freezing (which is preferable since ice crystals will be smaller), etc.

Last edited: